onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Good catch, tara... :D

Bulgaria was lovely and the concert was pretty good. Worth the trip. Although the main thing I got from it was a reminder that I need more time off work. My brain needs rest...

HJ, I feel your pain. I commute around an hour each way every day, and it's just an absolute timesink. It's worth it in the end, because we live in a beautiful village, but I do miss having the time. Whenever I do have a day off I marvel at how many hours there are in the day. (Then I veg out and watch Friends reruns, but that's not the point. :D) Hope you manage to find some breathing room.

French - good luck with the competition!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well done, French, and best of luck to you! It's always nice when someone "in the know" can give you some validation, too.

If you can move to alleviate the commute, hj, that sounds like a good idea. I have an hour each way if the traffic is moving, and in the afternoons it often isn't. Moving isn't a good option for us - for one thing, we love where we live; and for another, the job market is too volatile for that to make sense - but at some point something is going to have to give.

osg, I'm glad the holiday was fun! And yes, your brain needs a real break once in a while. The older mine gets, the grumpier it is when I don't let it tune out now and then. :)

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
So...what have you been typing that that's what autocorrect chooses for you? :evil

God only knows. I had surgery yesterday and was completely high on morphine when I started to type that. Fortunately, I seem to have only written a few typos. Nothing too embarrassing. And I was so out of it, I couldn't coordinate my fingers well enough to do any shopping.

My iPhone used to autocorrect my first initial/last name (tkollas) to floppies. Thanks for the ego boost iPhone...

Last edited:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
My iPhone used to autocorrect my first initial/last name (tkollas) to floppies. Thanks for the ego boost iPhone...
How does it get from tkollas to floppies? Autocorrect confuses me with what it does and does not choose to correct.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, ladies. :) Hubby calculated that where we'd move would save me 90 minutes a day of driving. :eek: I'd still be in the car a lot, but that'd be a lot LESS.

That's still a lot of driving, HJ. :Hug2:I have only two words to say - audio books.

Auto-correct ought to be on meds.

Just sayin'.

:D

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Feeling really peed off! Rehearsal last Friday went well. Saturday my eyes felt a bit itchy - Monday went to the doctor. Conjunctivitis! Phoned who I had to phone and they found someone to replace me as prompt. Gutted.

The stuff the doc gave me was so annoying. Y'know when you are taking spaghetti out of the boiling water and one or two strands get stroppy and go into recalcitrant spag mode? They go everywhere but on your plate/in the bowl? Well, that is what the stuff I had for the conjunctivitis is like - only worse! It comes out of the tube without me having to squeeze said tube. It stretches to a ridiculous length making it impossible to get it anywhere near my eye. Having done that it then sniggers and parts company with the tube falling into the sink, onto the floor and once in my cleavage. When I get some into my eye it spreads all over my eye lashes and via them spreads all over my glasses. Saw the doc this morning and now have drops which are easy to manage. hmph . . . Eyes feel a tad better, so may be able to read posts and get up to date with you some time soon.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Feeling really peed off! Rehearsal last Friday went well. Saturday my eyes felt a bit itchy - Monday went to the doctor. Conjunctivitis! Phoned who I had to phone and they found someone to replace me as prompt. Gutted.

The stuff the doc gave me was so annoying. Y'know when you are taking spaghetti out of the boiling water and one or two strands get stroppy and go into recalcitrant spag mode? They go everywhere but on your plate/in the bowl? Well, that is what the stuff I had for the conjunctivitis is like - only worse! It comes out of the tube without me having to squeeze said tube. It stretches to a ridiculous length making it impossible to get it anywhere near my eye. Having done that it then sniggers and parts company with the tube falling into the sink, onto the floor and once in my cleavage. When I get some into my eye it spreads all over my eye lashes and via them spreads all over my glasses. Saw the doc this morning and now have drops which are easy to manage. hmph . . . Eyes feel a tad better, so may be able to read posts and get up to date with you some time soon.

How disappointing for you, Shakes. Hope the eyes feel better soon.:Hug2:

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Um, hey there :)

So...I spend just about all my time in the SFF Cantina, but this week I'm Queen of the Castle and tomorrow night (Saturday), I'm hosting a live CLUE game. If anyone's interested in playing, see my sig for more details :) The more the merrier.

ac_clue3_360.jpg

Cheers,
Tiana

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Tarak - We have a journalist at work whose surname is Ponsonby and the spellchecker / correct function on our voice recognition software always wants to put 'Oniony'...

Just made some maple syrup cheesecake and put it in the fridge to set. Then cooked roast beef with chestnut and cabbage mash for dinner. First time I've properly cooked anything in over a year. It felt good!

And saw my surgeon last week, or his registrar at least, and sounds like we're still on course for surgery next year once I've seen the other team in January. My scans from a couple of weeks ago were all totally clear, which was a relief.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tarak - We have a journalist at work whose surname is Ponsonby and the spellchecker / correct function on our voice recognition software always wants to put 'Oniony'...

Just made some maple syrup cheesecake and put it in the fridge to set. Then cooked roast beef with chestnut and cabbage mash for dinner. First time I've properly cooked anything in over a year. It felt good!

Ooooh, maple syrup cheesecake.:drool

And saw my surgeon last week, or his registrar at least, and sounds like we're still on course for surgery next year once I've seen the other team in January. My scans from a couple of weeks ago were all totally clear, which was a relief.

Fantastic news on the scans, Zelenka.:hooray:

What surgery are you going for next year? I thought all your surgery was over?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
No, just the actual excision. I still have to have the reconstruction and they're also doing a mastectomy on the other side as a precaution. Surgeon was talking like a hairdresser at that appointment - "Yes, we could take a little bit off there, add a bit there, bit of shape there..." but he also reckons they can fix the scarring and dodgy bit of skin graft etc under my left arm where they took out the lymphnodes, which I thought I was stuck with.

And that cheesecake must be about set by now. The bit of mixture I ate out of the bowl before cleaning it was exactly as intended so hopefully it'll be good!

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, just the actual excision. I still have to have the reconstruction and they're also doing a mastectomy on the other side as a precaution. Surgeon was talking like a hairdresser at that appointment - "Yes, we could take a little bit off there, add a bit there, bit of shape there..." but he also reckons they can fix the scarring and dodgy bit of skin graft etc under my left arm where they took out the lymphnodes, which I thought I was stuck with.

Had to laugh at your description of the doc as a hairdresser.:D

Sounds like quite a big op. Will they do it all at once?

Glad now I only needed a lumpectomy and snb.

And that cheesecake must be about set by now. The bit of mixture I ate out of the bowl before cleaning it was exactly as intended so hopefully it'll be good!

Now you're really teasing. I'm getting the munchies.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Well? How did the cheesecake come out?

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shakes! Sorry to hear that you've had an eyeful of it lately. :Hug2:Hope it all clears up quickly. :e2steer:

Zelenka! Hold that cheesecake - we're on our way!!!!! :drool

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Muse - They haven't decided if it'll be all one op. That was what I was told originally but the registrar mentioned maybe evening the right side out to match the left first, so basically doing another half-reconstruction there, then making both sides bigger at once, but I'm not that keen on that. I've to discuss all the options with them after I see the general surgeon in January. Just have to keep all the scans clear until then!

asroc - cheesecake turned out even better than expected. I found some chocolate shavings, 'spaghetti' as it called itself in with the cake decorations at the supermarket and thought I'd give it a try as a topping and it's just given it a kind of crunchiness on top that is really good. I'm actually having some for breakfast at the moment (or technically brunch...)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Muse - They haven't decided if it'll be all one op. That was what I was told originally but the registrar mentioned maybe evening the right side out to match the left first, so basically doing another half-reconstruction there, then making both sides bigger at once, but I'm not that keen on that. I've to discuss all the options with them after I see the general surgeon in January. Just have to keep all the scans clear until then!

Keeping my fingers crossed they stay clear. :Hug2:

Zelenka;9100035asroc - cheesecake turned out even better than expected. I found some chocolate shavings said:
Cheesecake for breakfast? That's my kinda meal.:D

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Shakes - I'm sorry. :Hug2:

Zelenka - the cheesecake sounds really good. I hope your scans stay clear and the reconstruction can go forward.

Been working from home the past week and a half. I swear, I'm more productive because I don't have a bunch of people coming by to bother me throughout the day. Wish I could do this permanently.

My husband had a client who would pay us in cheesecake. I would come home and find a cheesecake in the fridge whenever he'd been to see this particular client. I asked if he could maybe give us a goat or chicken instead, but no. Just cheesecake.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Ew, I don't like that gel stuff.

I think I'm going to do some baking this weekend. Might even make another cheesecake. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed cooking.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gel stuff doesn't sound nice at all. I like my cheesecake creamy.:drool