Last Game you have played...

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Civilization 5 to do a little procrastinating...

... and it worked. One! More! Turn!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I've been playing Borderlands 2 recently. It's basically the first game taken up to eleven...but that also includes the things that irked me about Borderlands. Too many of the enemies are just plain annoying and tedious to fight—it's much more clear in this game that it's really built around co-op, but at least Borderlands was decently playable offline. I also wish that the game had just taken the excuse-plot ball and run with it, given how horribly-written of a villain Handsome Jack is.

It's really disappointing, given how the Borderlands games feel like they'd be the perfect games for me. Oh, my Siren Queendom for a shooter-RPG where I can expect a reasonable degree of accuracy from the average gun!

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
I've been in a cyberpunk mood lately, so I've been playing "Shadowrun Returns" and "Deus Ex:Human Revolution". :)

kamekichi

Registered
Reaction score
Currently playing To The Moon, Tales of Xillia, and Skyrim. Steam Sale was very cruel to my wallet, though. :)

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I've been on a bit of a classic RPG kick. First on the list is a fan translation of Radia Senki: Reimeihen, a Famicom game that was never released outside of Japan. Which sucks, because it's one of the best "NES" RPGs I've ever played. It has great visuals for an 8-bit system and a fun plot with a great twist near the end. Its only real flaw is that your party members (it's real-time combat where you only directly control the hero, though you can give orders to your party) don't have the best AI, but the battle system is still impressive for a Famicom/NES game. (It's hard to believe that Tecmo then thought that Secret of the Stars was worth the time and effort to release in English.)

Then I went on to play Lagoon on the SNES. I can say this without any doubt in my mind: Lagoon is the worst SNES game I've ever played. Dungeons are just tedious mazes, the characters in the game look like children's toys, the plot is generic and stupid (not to mention that, given the name and the source of trouble in the game, I had expected some kind of water motif or theme throughout the game), the sound effects are awful, waiting for HP and MP to recover past the first dungeon takes way too long, and your primary attack is a sword that's four pixels long. When hitting basic enemies in a game requires precise positioning and timing (and the less said about boss fights, the better), you know you've got a problem. (The music ranges from "alright" to "this doesn't fit the game in the slightest but HOLY %$@#". That's all that can be said in its favour.)

I'm now playing Faria: A World of Mystery and Danger, an action-RPG on the NES that's similar in gameplay to Zelda, and thus far I'm a lady soldier who is off to rescue the princess whom I may marry once I rescue her. Said princess is a giant caterpillar. I am stoked beyond words.

Last edited:

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
I was playing some Assassin's Creed 4 and Tropico 4. I just found out how to find the average wage for the workers, lol. I've been underpaying some of my employees and overpaying others to the point of losing money, hehe.

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
World of Warcraft here. My husband and I started playing right after it first came out many years ago. Well, he started playing and after two weeks I figured if you can't beat him, join him. LOL So we played together forever.

Though I have to say our interest has waned since the expansion pack before last and we haven't played for a few months. I'm doubting we'll go back at this point.

But back in the day, it was an amazing game!

PsylentProtagonist

American Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
Just played P.T. tonight...Scared the crap out of me haha. So then I played Fez to help me forget over it. I plan on either busting out some Final Fantasy VIII or Chrono Trigger in the near future.

JetH7

Chocolate Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
I just got Dishonored with Xbox's 'Games With Gold' promotion. Oh. My. Gosh. This game is spectacular. Such an interesting word, so many ways to go through each level, all the fun supernatural powers, the amazing Steampunk aesthetic... I could go on for ages.

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
I just got Dishonored with Xbox's 'Games With Gold' promotion. Oh. My. Gosh. This game is spectacular. Such an interesting word, so many ways to go through each level, all the fun supernatural powers, the amazing Steampunk aesthetic... I could go on for ages.

Yes, it's a great game! :D The powers and different paths are awesome. :D The Drunken Whaler song was stuck in my head for a long time.

The only downside is the moral chaos system. I have to be stealthy and not use my lethal weapons and some powers, if I wanted to get the morally good-ish ending--and I'm terrible, terrible, terrible at stealth, lol! :tongue I had to reload a lot of saves. Even then, I accidentally killed someone, and I still don't know how that happened...

It's still a great game! And I say this as someone who stopped playing it for awhile. (The diseased walkers scared me, and I can't kill them if I want a low chaos level, lol. I don't like zombies and these diseased people would groan like zombies, making me jump, heh. Then, there is the non-lethal stealthy aspect that I am horrible at, too.)

I think there are rumours of a sequel, or, at least, a future game with similar gameplay. :)

Last edited:

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Minecraft. My pet chicken Irving's new wife ran off, and I can't find her. Irving is left in the pen with 27 kids (chickens, not goats.) Should I Have Irv move back into the house? I looked for his wife, Gail, and didn't see her anywhere. Should I make him a new girlfriend? I just don't know what to do.

I returned from exploration, and Irv has settled down with a fine, nubile chicken, Marissa. They have three lovely offspring, and I have moved them back into the house.
It is so very heartwarming!

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I was at Teh Local Hackerspace last evening - there were people playing PS2 or whatever games on a 12-foot projection screen, but that wasn't me...

So last night I got roped into playing "Power Grid," a board game (at a hackerspace!) with a goal similar to that of Monopoly. It's for 2 to 6 players - each round you buy power plants of various configurations (each one needs one or more units coal, oil or nuke, and it powers one or more cities), then you buy the appropriate fuel to run them for the round (though wind plants don't need fuel!), then you buy one or more cities to power. You get money for however many cities you're powering, then you start a new round with the money. There were five players, and we all got the hang of the rules and strategy fairly quickly. The first person to power 17 cities wins, and it was close enough that the winner was unexpected.

Oh, and there's also this:
http://boingboing.net/2014/08/11/particle-clicker-meth-addicti.html
It's not your father's Cow Clicker - you can click a few times to get started, but your role is actually more like "Huge Science particle accelerator manager." Once you hire people the data is generated automatically every second, and you can do experiments with it, getting better reputation, which leads to more funding, etc. If you keep it running off and on as I did for a few days, you can get billions of "JTN" funding units, and you'd be amazed at what you can do with that money, and I'm not just talking hiring scientists who have won Nobel prizes. It's a slightly snarky look at Big Science, written by two Summer Students at a recent CERN hackthon. It's become way more popular than they expected.

There's supposed to be a cheat as mentioned in Reddit, but I haven't read it yet. I've only got to 58 out of 105 achievements (such as " JTN 10.0B funding spent in HR department!") so far, so I may have to look up the cheat.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to start the season 2 finale of The Walking Dead. Because I don't need to feel happiness ever again. (Someone get ready to hold me ...)

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to re-play King's Quest III many years later, but it's tricky with all of the typing and the keyboard movements, lol. It's tough to figure out what the pixels on the screen are supposed to be, and if I type the wrong word, the computer would not understand me.

I think I'm close to getting rid of the wizard. I am sooo glad for the internet for these types of retro adventure games! :)

If I don't make it in several tries, I may just end up playing the fan-made remakes that gets rid of the typing and has a mouse point-and-click control scheme.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently playing Flying Warriors on the NES. It combines side-scroller, fighting, and RPG gameplay while not being particularly good at any of those gameplay styles, but it's still kind of fun. (The awesome music that kicks in when you've finished a stage's objectives certainly helps.)

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Recently finished Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Nice game, though I wish the ending was better. I still think the first Final Fantasy was the best despite its linear gameplay.

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to start the season 2 finale of The Walking Dead. Because I don't need to feel happiness ever again. (Someone get ready to hold me ...)

*Consoles* I was waiting until the last episode came out, so I could play the whole season at once. Now I'm waiting until I'm mentally prepared.

I'm finding it hard to finish games at the moment, which is weird because I have an almost pathological need to complete them usually (down to every last side quest and achievement). I'm in the middle of Final Fantasy X (the HD re-release) and Lightning Returns.

Oh, and I bought Legend of Kyrandia:Malcolm's Revenge from Good old Games. I owned it when I was really into point and clicks when I was younger, but never finished it. It's horribly frustrating. So many of the puzzles are illogical. But it's also weirdly gratifying.

mmallico

Registered
Reaction score
Euro Truck Simulator 2, Cities in Motion and Farm Simulator 2013. I've been hoping to get back into Skyrim, though and some Assassin's Creed.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
Atm I'm playing Witcher 2 on my 360. Spectacular game, although all the names––whether they be people, places or events––confuse the heck out of me at times. For whatever reason they all look and sound like gibberish to me. They don't sound authentic to me and I don't know why. I never had that issue with Lord of The Rings nor Dragon Age either.

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
Still playing Tales of Graces F, but when I get the chance I try to sneak in some Bravely Default on my (and my boyfriend's) 3DS. Oh! My mother also mailed my PSP back to me so I can play Tactics Ogre, though I haven't yet.

I keep doing other things that aren't really important... Like making my own game that probably won't get finished. >>