• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] CK Webber Associates (Carlie Webber)

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I was researching agents through QueryTracker and found another company that wasn't listed in the BR&BC, so I figured I would start a page for it.

This one is called CK Webber Associates and was founded by Carlie Webber, an agent who used to be with the Jane Rotrosen Agency.

Her website is here: http://ckwebber.com/index.html
Her blog is here: http://ckwebber.wordpress.com/

No sales on Publisher's Marketplace under her name.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Yeah, I was looking into her too. The no sales bothered me because I have no clue how long she was at the other agency. If it was long enough for her to have significant experience she would at least have sales listed from a while back, right?Anyone at least know how long this agency has been around? She also doesn't have any clients listed on the site.

I didn't check P&E though, wonder if she's on there.

katci13

creative genie
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't check P&E though, wonder if she's on there.

She's not on there right now. The agent or the agency. I've looked into her in the past. She should have some kind of history. I don't know how long she was with Jane Rotrosen Agency, but she was flagged by Writer's Digest as being a new agent there just last year. She couldn't have been there more than a couple years. She was interview by Five Scribes here in January of this year.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
She's not on there right now. The agent or the agency. I've looked into her in the past. She should have some kind of history. I don't know how long she was with Jane Rotrosen Agency, but she was flagged by Writer's Digest as being a new agent there just last year. She couldn't have been there more than a couple years. She was interview by Five Scribes here in January of this year.

WTH, she can tell me to drop dead just as easily as the other 47 agents who have rejected me so far.....

petrepan

Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, whoa whoa there DPRichard. If you've been sending out over a hundred queries, and getting partial requests but only 1 full, chances are there's something that needs fixing about your first chapters. It's not the agents, it's you, and that's totally okay! We've ALL been there. Think like an agent: you can't afford to risk your money and your reputation on something you don't feel confident about. Heck, you don't WANT a foolhardy, silly agent who just jumps on something he or she can't really faithfully represent. No need for anyone to drop dead. Just time to do some more revisions. You prolly already have a critique partner--see if you can get a new one! Get a fresh pair of eyes on that thing and see what you can do.

And be happy! Your writing journey has plenty of time.

On the thread topic, I'm querying Carlie now, and I guess I'll ask about her agency if I get a chance! Maybe someone should post an interview or something? I couldn't find one. She's got a very strong, kinda harsh voice on her blog. We'll see!

KimberlyGG

Registered
Reaction score
I can tell you that she's a former YA librarian and YA programming coordinator. She knows YA. She also know what she likes. She's not shady or unscrupulous or anything like that.

As for editor connections or sales, I have no idea. But as a person, I imagine her to be a tenacious agent.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomalanbrosz.wordpress.com
I know from personal experience that she's a damn good editor. I worked with her on one of my manuscripts when she used to work with an agency in that function.

sandolita

Registered
Reaction score
Now on P&E listed as 'A literary agency'. Anyone had any experience? Know of sales?

ThePeanutGallery

Registered
Reaction score
Writers Digest Webinar

I 'attended' a Writers Digest Webinar by Carlie Webber about a week ago. Her presentation was insightful and inspiring. I liked the examples she used and her explanations for why she choose the samples presented in the workshop. (She talked about novel openings.)

I'd imagine as an agent her editorial advice would be somewhere on the helpful to amazing scale. If I queried her, and she offered representation, I'd definitely ask about her current clients and sales since those aren't visible anywhere.

*shrug* My two cents.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya *waves*

Any new on info or recent interactions with Carlie? I felt like the website could be fleshed out more, but if she's concentrating on her clients then, of course, that would be the preferable state.

Any idea on response times or if she responds at all?

~Fleur

MarlynnOfMany

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maralynnjohnstone.com
Sounds like she represents Kate Brauning ( http://katebrauning.com), whose first book is coming out in November (How We Fall).

And she said in an interview that she tries to reply to all queries within 6 weeks. Also that the website is deliberately spare, modeled after Google's lean design.

I'm going to send her a query; I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any updated information on this agency?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
<link snipped>

Last edited by a moderator: