Calling all beaders....you whoooooo

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Well looks like I will be torching sometime next month. I have a lead on an inexpensive oxycon. I've got the torch, the glass, the kiln and some tools, so all's that's left is the O2 supply and getting things set up.

Of course, I'm not going to leave my seed beads, but sometimes I want to produce something a lot faster. ;)

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with your thread. I just want you to know that when I first looked at your title, I thought it said: Calling all breeders.

Now, you can guess why my eyes went all big. O.O
I think I spend too much time in the Erotica portion of the forum. Either that or I need reading glasses. lol

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
ROFL
It's kind of funny how sometimes our brains lean different ways. I posted an image on FB on tues that if read quickly people misread the first two lines. I had to stop and read each word when I first saw the post.

Filigree: sure anytime you might want something let me know. I'll be starting with spacer beads before moving to more complicated things so give me a bit and let me know what you want before hand so I can practice a bit.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Whew, Last night finished a necklace on a very tight deadline. I'll have to overnight this package, but it should get there by Monday.

I'll post a photo of it later.
*makes note next time to ask client when the shindig is and to coordinate sooner with other people. **sigh not totally my fault but I should know better

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
This will eventually be beading-related, since I want to sew on some glow-in-the-dark glass beads as accents.

It's a tan linen tunic taken apart, painted with my own super-bright industrial glow fabric paint mix, then re-assembled. I have it in mind for club and convention wear.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m566/FiligreeSilver/GlowShirt2_zps2da97e4f.jpg?t=1367694895

ETA: got the camera working a little better, so now there are pics of actual glowing jewelry on my 5-4-2013 blog post 'Glowing Things'.

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
that looks like fun.

Once this bug B gave me goes away I plan on finishing a grey necklace I started a few weeks ago. Lots o' fringe of the branching kind.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Whoohooo!
I'll be at the missouri Bead Retreat from Friday to Monday. Gona melt some glass finallY!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Had a great time this weekend. Met loads of new people. learned how to make a wire ring, got to make a couple of beads and am somewhat recharged and revived.

now to get some things together to get my torch going. Slow process but going to be worth it

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
So who wants to beta this in about 6 months? well I've gone and done it. Posted online that I'm probably going to write a series of beading books, along with all the other stories I've got going. There's definitely interest in the freeform styles I do. and I do have a bit of experience writing tutorials. So I guess this is it....

*seriously wonders about her sanity at times

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. Congrats on the decision to write your beading books.

I'm *not* volunteering (and you wouldn't want me) to beta.

I just want to say I smile every time this thread pops to the top and I think of Wendy.

MM

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I'll beta for you, Shadowflame. It would be an honor. Just for fun today, I blogged about colorways and my emotional response to them. There's pretty jewelry at the bottom of the entry. http://wp.me/p3el7c-n7

I'm missing Wendy, too.

Thank you Filgree I'd appreciate it very much. :D

and very nice blog post. I should do something similar.

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't make jewelry per say... but I do bead a lot of stuff so here is a piece I've been trying to finish for sometime now. I expect I'll have the edging done sometime this weekend.

I'm not sure why the link to the image isn't embedding so here's the linky to my blog.
http://prairiefibers.blogspot.com/2013/05/wip-crown-on-yellow-052913.html

Normally I work with much smaller beads on braintan.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score