I got a little free pub

chaoticscott

Award-winning Blogger; Daddy of 3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chaotickidsclutter.blogspot.com
I had asked the question somewhere on here about how to get more readers to my blog. Several people suggested I contact my local newspaper(s). I did, several months ago, and finally one of them wanted to do a story. If you're interested, here's the link. Thanks for helping me out! :)

bananamelissa

Climbing the mountain of life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
melissa-field.com
Right on! And you're from Oakland? I'm a California native myself. I had considered if I should contact the local paper or not, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. Do you mind if I ask how you pitched this to them?

chaoticscott

Award-winning Blogger; Daddy of 3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chaotickidsclutter.blogspot.com
Hi bananamelissa! I actually live in Minnesota, in a suburb of Minneapolis. My suburb, and all the surrounding suburbs, have their own small newspapers, so I sent a press release-type email to the editors of all of them after my blog won a Bloggie Award last spring. It took a few months, but finally one of the newspapers contacted me about doing a story. I still haven't heard from any of the others, and think I may send a follow-up email to see if they might be interested. I had never written a press release before, so I looked up how to do it on the internet. It's pretty easy. Good luck if you decide to do it! Scott