All YA contests (book giveaways, agent crits, query, etc.)

Emily Muyskens

Modern-Day Storyteller
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emilykate.org
So glad I stumbled into this forum! Followed the link to the Mystery Agent Contest and bookmarked a couple helpful links regarding writing good pitches. Thank you Angelica! Hopefully I can pitch in the next contest. :)

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
Something a little different for December's Mystery Agent Contest on Operation Awesome--we have a Mystery Editor this time around!

Contest Basics: 50 entries, with one-line pitch and first 250 words. M.E. (Mystery Editor) is currently seeking contemporary romance in Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult. Not currently interested in YA paranormal. Grand prize winner gets a 10-page critique, and M.E. will request at least 2 full manuscripts for consideration. The contest opens on December 1st at 10am Eastern Standard Time.

So polish up those pitches and first pages!

Last edited:

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd pop my head in to say that The Writer Diaries has an anniversary giveaway going on that includes query/page crits, some books, and a Kindle Fire. http://www.thewriterdiaries.com/

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
To celebrate the launch of my YA novel Toxic as a web serial, I'm doing a gift card giveaway this week. All someone needs to do to enter is tweet a favorite quote from the book using a special hash tag. If anyone wants the gift card, stop on by!

http://www.amschilling.com

The contest runs through 2/4/14!

Rhiann

YA/NA Writer Rep'd by S.Lieberman
Registered
Reaction score
Like A Virgin Writing Contest

Hello All,
I'm not sure if this is how I'm supposed to post to this Contest Thread...but here goes -
If you've got a "virgin" ms in the YA/NA genre, we've got the contest for you! By "virgin" we mean, hasn't been in any other contests (regular querying is fine, as is any contest from March 2014 onward).
For details about the contest, agents/editors, judges, useful posts about writing/pitching, success stories of last year's virgins, etc. go here http://likeavirgin.kristinaperez.com/
My CP and I co-hosted this contest last year and it was a blast. This year will be bigger and better. The sub window opens in April.
Follow #LV14 on Twitter and tweet me ?s or use the email on the contest website.
Sub window opens 6am EST April 4 and we filled up quickly last year :)
All the best,
Rhiann Wynn-Nolet
rep'd by Stefanie Lieberman (Janklow and Nesbit)
Co-Founter Like A Virgin Writing Contest and #CriTiki Lounge pitch feedback forum

Rachael_A

Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting this new feature on my blog called First Kiss Fridays, where authors share a first kiss story be it good, bad, or ugly. First up is my friend Kara Taylor, author of the PREP SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL series, and to celebrate I'm giving away her newest book WICKED LITTLE SECRETS and Kara's throwing in PSC and a signed bookplate and bookmark!

http://rachaelallenwrites.blogspot.com/2014/03/first-kiss-friday-giveaway-with-kara.html

Rachael_A

Registered
Reaction score

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
July Mystery Agent Contest

Operation Awesome has a Mystery Agent contest coming up on July 1. There will be a Rafflecopter up for a week to get your name in the pool, and then 15 people will be chosen to put their logline and first page up on the site. The mystery agent has asked for these categories:

- Young Adult horror/thrillers
- Contemporary YA with a hook

- Speculative fiction
- All kinds of adult romance
- Picture books- Young Adult horror/thrillers
- Contemporary YA with a hook

- Speculative fiction
- All kinds of adult romance
- Picture books

Go to http://operationawesome6.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-july-mystery-agent-lottery-is-open.html for the Rafflecopter and more details. :)

InsanitySquares

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
AW just created an off-AW contest subforum. For contests that are basically submissions (such as the Hot Key contest above), please post in that forum. Giveaways, or contests designed to compete for an agent's attention or crits can still go here.

JayliaDarkness

Stepping through the Shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I am giving away ebooks in exchange for honest reviews for my YA fantasy, ESCAPE FROM WITCHWOOD HOLLOW, and a steampunk anthology I compiled, GEARS OF BRASS. PM me if you're interested!