Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

AllisonBerry

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm relatively new to the site!
1. I'm Allison!
2. I'm 16!
3. I like sci-fi and contemporary!

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Welcome Anna and Astro! Everyone calls me Ely.

What is everyone writing lately? Or has life become too busy for you? I'm the second one, LOL.

I'm currently working on a fantasy retelling of Snow White told...well...not from Snow White's perspective. It uses elements of the original story but the world is completely different. I'm almost 30K words in. :)

annak97

Anna
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Astro!!! i will :) and yea I had to sleep, too :)

And thanks Tally- I'll remember that!!!

And thanks Ely and everyone else for welcoming me! I'm so excited :D

Zoombie-
seriously spec-fic is going to take over the world one day. I mean, how couldn't it ?! (I really wish I had an interrobang on my keyboard).

AstroFolio

I am not a fish.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Allison and Ely! And Zoombie :)

Oh man, I love spec-fic. My kind's not exactly hard science fiction (no spaceships and all that) but it's futuristic so that's what I went with :p

Somebody convince me to write the rest of today's 1K, pwease? Currently at 300 words but I've been out and about all day and am super tired.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Astro - You can do it! Write! Write! Write! Just think, if you reach 1K you can take a nap. Incentives always work for me. :)

I should probably be writing too but it's so hot that I think my brain is fried. I really wish I could teleport to somewhere cold.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't write 1,000 words, I WILL KILL THIS DOG!

Shoot_the_dog.jpg

AstroFolio

I am not a fish.
Registered
Reaction score
Astro - You can do it! Write! Write! Write! Just think, if you reach 1K you can take a nap. Incentives always work for me. :)

I should probably be writing too but it's so hot that I think my brain is fried. I really wish I could teleport to somewhere cold.

Thank you! I took a break to start learning javascript (I'm determined to do this at some point) but I'm going fairly well now :) Where do you live?

If you don't write 1,000 words, I WILL KILL THIS DOG!

Shoot_the_dog.jpg

OH MY GOD OKAY I'm at 868 words. Nearly there. Put the gun down.

ETA: I have completed today's minimum, with 1,051! You never know, I might write more at a leisurely pace later tonight. Thanks guys :)

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
ZOOM!!!!

OH and I'm also taking a creative writing workshop for the month. Which is mostly literary fiction and short stories but still interesting. Also I'm the youngest there but c'est la vie.

AstroFolio

I am not a fish.
Registered
Reaction score
Works every time.

Also, 27k!
And I'm a sucker, but it totally worked. One time I did a big word war where the person on the other end wasn't writing at all, just wanted to make me do it. Ends justify the means xD

Well done!

ZOOM!!!!

OH and I'm also taking a creative writing workshop for the month. Which is mostly literary fiction and short stories but still interesting. Also I'm the youngest there but c'est la vie.

Awesome. Ech, litfic is fancy. Should be interesting :) Ah, I'm sure you'll be the coolest too. I wish I lived somewhere there were workshops and conferences sigh.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I took a break to start learning javascript (I'm determined to do this at some point) but I'm going fairly well now :) Where do you live?

Good luck with learning javascript. It's certainly a good thing to know how to use.

I live in the U.S. The summers in Pennsylvania aren't usually that bad but these past couple of years have been terrible.

AstroFolio

I am not a fish.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with learning javascript. It's certainly a good thing to know how to use.

I live in the U.S. The summers in Pennsylvania aren't usually that bad but these past couple of years have been terrible.

Thank you :) I found this awesome website (codecademy, or something) which is interactive and ... yeah. Some parts are difficult but it seems worthwhile.

Oh, okay. It seems like everyone lives in the US. Move to Ireland, guys! In Ireland summer's good if it we get ten rain-free days between May and September, tbh. That's only a very slight exaggeration.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a mutant! Now, I need a break. But here is some of what I wrote, because while I'm a mutant, I'm also an egotist AND arrogant AND annoying!

It is hard to explain the mixture of feelings that filled my mind at the sight of the caravan, and the caravan’s inside. I had grown up around wood houses and luminescent crystals that had to be rubbed to turn on. The most advanced anything that I had seen until I came to Caravan Stop was the distant Pylons, a few illustrated Champions, and – of course – the soulgems on each of our wrists. But in this caravan alone, I counted at least fifty different magitechnological wonders, each one more exciting and awesome than the last.

But as I got excited, I also got really annoyed: Why the hell weren’t these things in Knifeton too?

“Get an harmonious seat in the central island of mo-”

I sat down in the first free seat I could find near the window.

Boolian stuck his head out of my pocket. “The aisle seat. Sit in the aisle seat!”

“I want to see the wilderness go by,” I whispered to my little pocket wizard. Boolian put his paws over his eyes. A moment later, another woman took the aisle seat that Boolian had wanted for me. She was a slender woman with tanned skin and broad shoulders, which immediately started to squash me into the side of the caravan.

“See?” Boolian whispered.

I didn’t deign to respond to his silliness.

When the caravan was loaded up, a calm, male voice spoke from the walls: “This is the Stern Hand of Industry, the Patropoli who generates the magical energy to guide this caravan through the vastness of Doctrine’s Creation. I will be providing entertainment, security and sustenance for your trip. If you have any questions, direct them to my avatars within the caravan, but please allow for a five second delay in response, due to the increased traffic in my home structures. Thank you.”

The caravan chuffed softly, and then the whole thing started to move forward. The town of Caravan Stop started to slide past us, and then it was gone. I kept my eyes glued to the window, oohing softly as I whispered: “Holy flip!”

“We’re moving. What did you expect to happen?” Boolian asked.

“Is your pocket talking?” The woman next to me asked.

“Nope!”

“Oh…” She shook her head, then tapped the seat in front of her. For a moment, I thought she was trying to get the man sitting in its attention, but instead, the seat back rippled like water, forming into a living tapestry. The woman grabbed two beaded crystals that protruded from the side and slipped them into her ears as the tapestry started to play some entertainment vid. I leaned over, and the woman scowled at me. I leaned back, my cheeks flushed.

“You know you can watch on your own tapestry, right?” Boolian whispered.

“Of course I did,” I said. “I know everything.”

“Sure you do.”

I coughed, then brushed my fingers along the seat before me. It didn’t do anything. I frowned, then poked it a few times. The man sitting in it stood, then turned around, scowling at me.

“Can I help you?”

“…sorry.”

The man sat back down and I glanced down at Boolian.

“What?” Boolian asked. “You know everything, right?”

I sighed. “Sorry, Boolian, can you help me with this?”

“Seriously, are you talking to your pocket or not?” The woman asked, removing one of the crystals from her ear, so that she could hear.

“Only a little,” I said.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you :) I found this awesome website (codecademy, or something) which is interactive and ... yeah. Some parts are difficult but it seems worthwhile.

Oh, okay. It seems like everyone lives in the US. Move to Ireland, guys! In Ireland summer's good if it we get ten rain-free days between May and September, tbh. That's only a very slight exaggeration.

I would love to visit Ireland. It seems like a beautiful place to live from pictures I have seen. Maybe one day when I'm finished with college. I'm hoping to study abroad my last year, and Ireland is on my list of places I would love to study abroad in. :)

Zoombie - 28K! That's awesome! I like the snippet. :D

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in Paris right now! I haven't been to Ireland, yet. I really want to go to Dublin though, I'll have to make it happen.

Nice, Zoom!

AstroFolio

I am not a fish.
Registered
Reaction score
I like your excerpt, Zoombie :) Was confused at first by the terms but later on the perspective really came through. And soulgems sound intriguing.

Ely and Tally, you should. Just don't under any circumstance say 'St. Patty's Day' or you'll be shot on sight (jk, we don't have that many guns in the whole country :p)

Dublin is nice, though. I live an hour outside it.

Last edited:

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes head in*
I haven't had a whole lot of energy to work on revisions this week, but I suppose that's to be expected after a week of camp with 70+ 6-17 year olds.

Welcome new people! I'm Bookgirl, Bookie, BG.... Whatever. I'm one of the old(ish... 24) people who still hangs out here occasionally. Most of the time I tend to stick to fantasy-type stories, but the next project on my list is more contemporary.

TechnoFusion

Registered
Reaction score
I'm TechnoFusion, but you can call me Tech, Techno, TF, or whatever. I'm thirteen. I'm currently focusing on a YA horror/thriller draft - not sure if I want to try and publish it outside of online due to various reasons but we'll see...

I in the past wrote a YA fantasy which has five copies (ooo so amazing) in print and is available in one library in a small town.