Convoluted Verbosities

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
My mistake nym, it was Polonius to the King.

"Brevity is the soul of wit."

I thought the sheer irony would make it more apparent.

LA: it's dead Jim.

The singular scaled, non warmblooded water-dweller you have lost is but one of many to be found in the oceans of our great planet.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Having identical, or at least common, attributes is a necessary condition for carrying out an accurate identification of a similar individual.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some variation of:
To know one is to be one?
You have to be one to know one?

The usual way of saying it (in my neck of the woods) is "It takes one to know one." You're on target.
:Trophy:

iLion

Why do I say these things?
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
So FINALLY i got one right (ish)!! Okay. . . .

Do not emit or ooze aqueous droplets from lacrimal glands for the reason that an event has come to cessation, but rather spread your facial muscles from side to side for the reason that the event occured in the first place.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

???

LA*78

Registered
Reaction score
Activities conducted at high velocity yield high levels of participant satisfaction.

Last edited:

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what this one is, but I'm thinking it has something to do with sex.

Just kidding... I thought JT's answer was good, and I can't see any other possibility just yet. :D

Of course, iLion's mind is always on sex. :e2seesaw:

Seriously, I can't see any solution, either. Could we have another hint from the OP? :Huh:

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
I suspect this is another regional one.

Since it's stalled, I'm going to jump in here.

When you take woodchips, press them flat with a little glue and chemicals, then impress words upon those flattened leaves and then glue sheaves of these flat woody objects together with a thicker bit of flattened wood product wrapped around the whole object it cannot be said that the content on the thinner woody-bits held inside are inherently like the impression one gets when first observing the thicker, outer, flat woody-bit.

Last edited:

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Members of a paraphyletic group of gill-bearing aquatic organisms, lacking limbs with digits, and individuals who arrive to spend time at one's domicile, place of business or other personal space begin to emit an enveloping aura offensive to the olfactory system after the passage of a sequence of three consecutive 24-hour periods.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Fish and houseguests smell after three days. (Benjamin Franklin)

If one were to divide the trades which humans ply in order to earn currency into groupings and render a label for each of these segments, then the particular portion of the economy in which humans entertain other humans for money could be said to be like no other loosely defined collection of individuals engaged in money-earning behaviour.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If one were to divide the trades which humans ply in order to earn currency into groupings and render a label for each of these segments, then the particular portion of the economy in which humans entertain other humans for money could be said to be like no other loosely defined collection of individuals engaged in money-earning behaviour.

There's no business like show business. :)

Retains a favorable, pleasing and agreeable character discernible to the senses before, or upon, reaching an ultimate quantity of liquid of limited dimensions having sufficiently high specific gravity to descend in a spherical mass.

LA*78

Registered
Reaction score
I suspect this is another regional one.

If it is I'm surprised. But then I've never travelled North of the Equator so I wouldn't really know...

I'm not sure what this one is, but I'm thinking it has something to do with sex.

It was "a quick game's a good game"... so I'm really hoping you don't apply that logic to sex. But like I said, the ways of the northern hemisphere remain a mystery to me ;)

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Nym: Good to the last drop.

LA: Never heard that one before.

Place currency in oral cavity.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
I was about to type, put money in mouth:D

I guess it's put your money where your mouth is.

God, Nature and all the kings and queens who ever ruled the Universe or had any participation in making the cosmos and the laws that govern physics dictate that in forests there are four-legged cats, some of which are tigers and some are lions but it's the other nasty cats, the leopards on whom this law has been imposed that 'thou mustn't try to change thy costume.'

Last edited:

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
A leopard can't change its spots.

That person has misplaced all of their small, colorful, glass orbs.