Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Felt the bed spin many times...better to keep one foot on the floor when that happens and waterbeds are never a good thing when you're that drunk. :eek:

I have never blacked out. :Shrug: And as far as I remember, I've always remembered what happened the night before. :D

Usually couldn't remember how much I had to drink, what I was drinking by the end of the night, or where the h*ll all my money went...

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! That has already helped me alot. I guess i'll go back later and fix the parts i had written.

Right now my MC's are having a very horribly awkward and terrifying "Hangover" moment. Two dorky best friends waking up in bed together in there underwear after one of there first times drinking. But they cant remember anything... so they dont know what exactly happen. It ends up being a funny and really innocent story, the MMC brother (who he lives with) tells them later, after they already assumed the worst.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Like I said though, it's really different for each person. :Shrug:

And it's been a while since I have gotten drunk. I could drink three beers now and probably be wasted. :roll:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so not the person to write this book idea i got. I finally realized that...but i guess i cant stop now since i'm already 25K in and its only suppose to be max 40K.

I have no true practical experience for everything my MC's do. Well i've also never actually killed a person but some how its easy to write those scenes. Weird double standards there I guess.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no true practical experience for everything my MC's do.
:eek: You're supposed to have that?

Crap. I'm screwed.

And being drunk *can* be fun. But being *too* drunk is usually not. Nights right, it's different for everyone. And it's a hard question to answer really.

:idea: I was going to say that everything is a little numb. But then I realized, sometimes it's not. Sometimes everything is more raw, emotions and such--physically things usually get numb.

Not only is it different for everyone, but I think it's different from time to time. Words can slur, but not always. Things that are funny become SUPER funny. Things that are sad can become SUPER sad and you can get really worked up over something you might not otherwise get so worked up about.

Some people (sometimes) have feelings of invincibility. Or take risks they wouldn't normally take. Say things out loud that they may be thinking, but normally would stop themselves from saying.

You can get extremely impatient. A craving will strike you and you just *have* to have it. Usually it's triggered by something you see suddenly or something someone mentions. Sucks when you don't have it--sucks worse when you realize you'll have to go get it and no one is sober enough to drive. :rolleyes: Then...bikes get involved...

Blackouts definitely happen, but you'd probably have to be pretty hammered for it to. Memories can be completely gone, or bits and pieces there. Sometimes it just takes the day for them to float back to you, or someone reminding you. It's sort of like recapturing a dream you had the night before.

Some people know when they are drunk. Though, they may not realize *how* drunk. Some people are more cognisant of it than others.

Yes, the room can spin or your head can spin. You can be clumsy. I think the movies usually get it right. :Shrug: Though, occasionally, rather than being clumsy, just removing a little of your inhibitions can actually make you better at things. It usually happens in that buzzed zone Night was mentioning. Playing pool better, like she said. Playing darts better. Bowling better. Playing an instrument better. Dance better (except on tabletops, you almost never do that better) There are lots of things you can do better because you lose control of the stuff that holds you back. (and then there are some things you're not really doing better at, you just think you are cuz you're drunk ;)) DISCLAIMER: But that's not a sales pitch for getting drunk/buzzed. :tongue

And, yes, waterbeds? VERY BAD THINGS when you are drunk.

Anyway, that's all in a group setting, or with others sort of thing. If you're just drinking alone, you might be more likely to just melt into your seat until you fall asleep.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Right now my MC's are having a very horribly awkward and terrifying "Hangover" moment. Two dorky best friends waking up in bed together in there underwear after one of there first times drinking. But they cant remember anything... so they dont know what exactly happen.

Only thing I am going to say here is that waking up not knowing how things happened can be played for laughs in Hollywood, but in reality it's rather frightening. And getting so drunk you pass out and don't remember things from the night before is not something, in my opinion, that ever ought to be treated cavalierly. The "Hangover" movie got around this because *spoiler* they were drugged but had they not been, had they simply drunk themselves to that state, it would have been very different.

I'm not going to soapbox this, but for those of us who know people who have serious drinking problems, I would suggest you not treat the scene simply as a gag.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only thing I am going to say here is that waking up not knowing how things happened can be played for laughs in Hollywood, but in reality it's rather frightening.
Oh, yes, you start involving strangers or strange locals and it would be frightening. Not funny.
Even in a safe place (your house, with people you know) it's still usually more embarrassing/humiliating than it is actually funny.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think there's more to this that's not being said here.

:popcorn:
Ha! Actually, that was more me imagining. I've been so drunk I've had the spins. And I've owned a waterbed. But I have NEVER combined the two. Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up, though.

This too....

*needs more popcorn*
:e2bike2:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, let me rephrase that.

Are there pics of said drunk cycling?

And what is it you felt the need to board a bicycle to get at that hour anyway??

:D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, no pics. And it's not me on the bike, btw. :roll: I'm the one who waits behind. And bandages people up when they get back. :D

As for the midnight must-haves...usually it's smokes.

Or tacos.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As for the midnight must-haves...usually it's smokes.

:Wha:

I would not have pictured you as a smoker, somehow. I don't know why, it just doesn't seem to jibe with ... with... Ok, no real reason, I guess.

But that's an urge I don't understand.

Or tacos.

This one, however, I do.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Only thing I am going to say here is that waking up not knowing how things happened can be played for laughs in Hollywood, but in reality it's rather frightening. And getting so drunk you pass out and don't remember things from the night before is not something, in my opinion, that ever ought to be treated cavalierly. The "Hangover" movie got around this because *spoiler* they were drugged but had they not been, had they simply drunk themselves to that state, it would have been very different.

I'm not going to soapbox this, but for those of us who know people who have serious drinking problems, I would suggest you not treat the scene simply as a gag.

Oh its not. Its actually horrifying for both characters involved. They end up not even talking for a long while because they are too freaked out/humiliated/embarrassed.

:eek: You're supposed to have that?

Crap. I'm screwed.

And being drunk *can* be fun. But being *too* drunk is usually not. Nights right, it's different for everyone. And it's a hard question to answer really.

:idea: I was going to say that everything is a little numb. But then I realized, sometimes it's not. Sometimes everything is more raw, emotions and such--physically things usually get numb.

Not only is it different for everyone, but I think it's different from time to time. Words can slur, but not always. Things that are funny become SUPER funny. Things that are sad can become SUPER sad and you can get really worked up over something you might not otherwise get so worked up about.

Some people (sometimes) have feelings of invincibility. Or take risks they wouldn't normally take. Say things out loud that they may be thinking, but normally would stop themselves from saying.

You can get extremely impatient. A craving will strike you and you just *have* to have it. Usually it's triggered by something you see suddenly or something someone mentions. Sucks when you don't have it--sucks worse when you realize you'll have to go get it and no one is sober enough to drive. :rolleyes: Then...bikes get involved...

Blackouts definitely happen, but you'd probably have to be pretty hammered for it to. Memories can be completely gone, or bits and pieces there. Sometimes it just takes the day for them to float back to you, or someone reminding you. It's sort of like recapturing a dream you had the night before.

Some people know when they are drunk. Though, they may not realize *how* drunk. Some people are more cognisant of it than others.

Yes, the room can spin or your head can spin. You can be clumsy. I think the movies usually get it right. :Shrug: Though, occasionally, rather than being clumsy, just removing a little of your inhibitions can actually make you better at things. It usually happens in that buzzed zone Night was mentioning. Playing pool better, like she said. Playing darts better. Bowling better. Playing an instrument better. Dance better (except on tabletops, you almost never do that better) There are lots of things you can do better because you lose control of the stuff that holds you back. (and then there are some things you're not really doing better at, you just think you are cuz you're drunk ;)) DISCLAIMER: But that's not a sales pitch for getting drunk/buzzed. :tongue

And, yes, waterbeds? VERY BAD THINGS when you are drunk.

Anyway, that's all in a group setting, or with others sort of thing. If you're just drinking alone, you might be more likely to just melt into your seat until you fall asleep.

Thank you for explaining this!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some people also have a lot more tolerance than others. And some of us never get hungover. I've had issues because I stayed up too late and had to get up too early, but I've never had a hangover.

I am told that's genetic.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only thing I ever felt compelled to hunt down at odd hours were sticky buns, and that was more a group decision at 3 AM. Oddly enough, none of us were drinking at the time.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Me and my friends traveled to a 24 hour Walmart about a mile away one night to 3AM to buy food and bebe pellets before, we were completely sober but really hungry and had nothing left to shoot eachother with...

Status
Not open for further replies.