• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Light Sword Publishing / LSP Digital, LLC

Prospero

Registered
Reaction score
This is as strange a maze as e're men trod,
And there is in this business more than nature
Was ever conduct of.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Alas, dear lady, you are, once again, in error.
Twas I, who was "screwed."

Uh-huh.

Okay then, if you're amongst those that got screwed who are you? What's your book title? Why are you afraid to tell us who you are and share your story? Anyone else on this forum who's gotten screwed by a bad company or agent has never hesitated to tell people all about it. Not once. Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

So who are you?

Prospero

Registered
Reaction score
Uh-huh.

Okay then, if you're amongst those that got screwed who are you? What's your book title? Why are you afraid to tell us who you are and share your story? Anyone else on this forum who's gotten screwed by a bad company or agent has never hesitated to tell people all about it. Not once. Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

So who are you?

We came not to offend.

...It is an honest ghost, that let me tell you.

...But that I am forbid
To tell the secrets of my prison-house...

...In least speak most to my capacity.

UnrepentantWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Uh-huh.

So who are you?

:Lecture:
'There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt.'
- Pudd'nhead Wilson

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Methinks that prospero shall soon be exiting stage left, pursued by a bear.

MM

Prospero

Registered
Reaction score
Hurrah for LSP Scam bloggers!

Hmm. Methinks that prospero shall soon be exiting stage left, pursued by a bear.

MM

...What,
An advocate for an imposter?

On the contrary; he fears not lions, tigers OR a bear, for the dragon has slain the beast with three heads. Distinguish that he has championed your cause.
At the end of the contest, the vanquisher is wounded and, at this moment, hunting for his kind. . ."to claim, proclaim and with whom to remain."
Know that it is not about the conqueror or his work.
It is about TRUTH.

Thank you, thank you all for keeping this blog alive!
For the present, I bid you adieu.

UnrepentantWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Misdirected Criticism

It never ceases to amaze me when the focus of a thread--only existing for the protection of writers--is changed to heap criticism upon those reporting on the scam.

People hold their identities close for a variety of reasons, one paramount being that they are published authors and wish to avoid associating their names with a sham like Light Sword Publishing. Regardless of their reasons (and I have my own, which are MY OWN), it is their right to report anonymously.

Damn,where'sthat old 'don'tkill the messenger' reference when I need it?

Prospero

Registered
Reaction score
:e2salute:
It never ceases to amaze me when the focus of a thread--only existing for the protection of writers--is changed to heap criticism upon those reporting on the scam.

People hold their identities close for a variety of reasons, one paramount being that they are published authors and wish to avoid associating their names with a sham like Light Sword Publishing. Regardless of their reasons (and I have my own, which are MY OWN), it is their right to report anonymously.

Damn,where'sthat old 'don'tkill the messenger' reference when I need it?

Bravo! Bravo!

Dragon exits stage RIGHT

UnrepentantWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Light Sword Publishing/LSPDigital and Fraud

It never ceases to amaze me when people think the rest of us have the time or the inclination to involve ourselves in some silly, immature gee-who-is-that-masked-man guessing game.

Either contribute something or don't.

My point, exactly!

It's well-established, not only by anecdotal presentations here, but by court documents in Michigan and in Texas, that Light Sword Publishing, Linda Daly, and Bonny Kirby have been found liable for fraud and all have been hit with sizeable judgements in that regard. Further, Linda Daly and Light Sword Publishing are currently embroiled in bankruptcy proceedings in Michigan.

But that's not enough to put a period to this. Ms. Daly has new web pages up (at the old address, BTW) touting her 'new' company, LSPDigital, which just happens to represent the same 'stable' of authors and their books, almost all of which were originally produced by the original company, Light Sword Publishing. There is even a notice on those pages letting people know that LSPDigital will be announcing a rate schedule for publishing--meaning, naturally, that Ms. Daly intends to continue her business, only soon she'll be charging authors for her services. So it's vitally important that the waters not be muddied here with inuendo and meaningless banter about this poster or that. Authors, looking for information, come here to learn about suspect companies--they need accurate information, unsullied by personal attacks.

Make no mistake about it: Whether the members who post here identify themselves or not, Light Sword Publishing is indelibly, irrefutably, unequivocally a FRAUD. That is the substantive issue here.

Prospero

Registered
Reaction score
My point, exactly!

It's well-established, not only by anecdotal presentations here, but by court documents in Michigan and in Texas, that Light Sword Publishing, Linda Daly, and Bonny Kirby have been found liable for fraud and all have been hit with sizeable judgements in that regard. Further, Linda Daly and Light Sword Publishing are currently embroiled in bankruptcy proceedings in Michigan.

But that's not enough to put a period to this. Ms. Daly has new web pages up (at the old address, BTW) touting her 'new' company, LSPDigital, which just happens to represent the same 'stable' of authors and their books, almost all of which were originally produced by the original company, Light Sword Publishing. There is even a notice on those pages letting people know that LSPDigital will be announcing a rate schedule for publishing--meaning, naturally, that Ms. Daly intends to continue her business, only soon she'll be charging authors for her services. So it's vitally important that the waters not be muddied here with inuendo and meaningless banter about this poster or that. Authors, looking for information, come here to learn about suspect companies--they need accurate information, unsullied by personal attacks.

Make no mistake about it: Whether the members who post here identify themselves or not, Light Sword Publishing is indelibly, irrefutably, unequivocally a FRAUD. That is the substantive issue here.
:hooray:

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trolls generally pop onto forums and message boards with the sole intent of sowing discord and chaos. The sooner we stop paying attention to Prospero, the troll Victoria's referring to, the sooner they'll make like a banana and go home.

UnrepentantWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Trolling

Call me obtuse, but really didn't think poor Prospero was doing anything but commenting here using good ol' Will's words. I don't find anonymity insulting in the least. Oh well.