Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Hound!

So I've had a headache all night that has prevented me from sleeping. Think i'm getting the headache because i'm so nervous for the tutoring i have to go to today. Then the test Friday. So after I threw my book across the room and gave up on studying i made a new cover for Unsung Zeros, yeah i like this one better, and even came up with a REALLY lame "pen name" which is just my name backwards!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Morning team. Up at 4am doing a sample edit. Sleepy now.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'll sleep eventually too. Just not now. No point in a 45 minute nap that will leave me more tired then I am now.

Just decided to write a really awkward scene that is pretty much straight from my real life. Funny to think how shy i used to be before i met Will.

Also really interesting fact. Apparently my last name backwards is actually a real last name. So my "pen name" night not be that strange after all.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm upset that I can't choose a last name. Meredith, Veronica, or Miranda? Now I'm thinking Veronica, but I don't know.

ETA: Maybe I'll call her like, Verona or something.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe look up the meaning.

I'm that way with my Second Generation characters. Can never decide on names for very long. Right now the line up for the MC's are.

Addy (Addison)
Zack (Zachary)
Sully (Sullivan)
Finn (Short for his last name Finnigan)
Zoey

Although I'm strongly debating calling Zack, Nate, short for Nathan, Although he becomes Addy's love interest for a short time, and his competition (well actually who steals Addy from him) is Zoey's older brother Nick. And Nick and Nate would be too similar.

Then there is the problem between Addison and her little brother Arlen. So it would be Addy and Arley

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Veronica Mars is huge, but it's a little older than you. Not that you aren't perfectly capable of loving it! But when it was really big, you and I were both younger than the target audience. It ended in... What, 2007? I was just eleven that year, and you would have been even younger, so it wasn't necessarily part of our lives.

I would've been 14. I didn't actually see it while it was on TV, though. I got tired of hearing people talk about it and decided to see what all the fuss was about last year.

If it wasn't for school, I would have watched the entire three seasons in a week. I had to make a rule that I couldn't watch it on school nights because I'd go to watch one episode and end up watching four more.

I wish it hadn't ended the way it did, but a part of me is glad they ended it. As far as I'm concerned, half the last season doesn't even exist.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I think Addy, Sully and Zoey is pushing it a bit, even without adding an Arley. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Why just because the Y's at the end? Well Sullivan's original name was going to be Oliver (Oli) but i have a rule that I will never name a child after a character and vice versa, and Will and I really love that name so i took it off the list. Even still it ends with the same last sound.

There are actually a lot of Y's at the end of the ENTIRE second gen. The second gen is rather large if we add in the parents from the original series, and all there kids. you get:

Max & Rach
Joseph (Joey)
Zachary (Zack)
Emily (Em)
Jane (Janie)
Wesley (Wes)

Ally and Will
Addison (Addy)
Arlen (Arley or Arly)

Pip and Laura
Sullivan (Sully)
Chloe

Tod and Jul
Joshua (Josh)
Andrew (Finn)
Owen
Olivia (Liv or Livie)

Rob and Blair
Ashley
Nicholas (Nick)
Zoey

I seriously have an issue with Y's at the end of names. Those always are my favorite names!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am catching up on The Secret Circle. I missed "Darkness" so I cheated and read the summary. I set the rest to record.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That's a cool and unusual name.

I am wondering if I can print out on A3 on my printer. I want to do character profiles, complete with PICTURES and put them on my wall.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

So:

Sherlock Holmes: Veronika Metzger
John Watson: Marie-Sophie Tremblay
James Moriarty: Nikoleta Kostopoulos
Sebastian Moran: Samantha Trudeau
Lestrade: Danielle Yanofsky
Irene Adler: David Kostopoulos
Mrs. Hudson: Sonja Jones

School: Redthorne Academy (Veronika, Sophie, Danielle), Kensington Hall (Nikoleta, Samantha, David).

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
There are a lot of names I would have difficultly spelling. XD

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I HAVE SOLUTIONS THOUGH.

Marie-Sophie - Sophie
Nikoleta - Nikki
Veronika - Véro (Sophie), Ron (Danielle), Vivi (Nikki). She hates Vivi (which is why Nikki uses it), she doesn't care about Ron (Danielle's known her forever and her parents call her Ron), and she kind of likes Véro.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Veronika is fluent in English, French, Hebrew, and is learning Mandarin.

Sophie is francophone but fluent in English.

Nikki speaks Greek (badly, because she didn't care about her Saturday Greek school), English, and French.

oh, I should put out there... EVERY character in this novel speaks French.

Status
Not open for further replies.