Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
the one thing i do like about dating a super immature guy is that its fun. Like i never have fun... well unless i'm writing... and he makes me have fun weather its watching a marathon of Starwars, or doing something really stupid like climbing a tree... at least my life is interesting now.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
the one thing i do like about dating a super immature guy is that its fun. Like i never have fun... well unless i'm writing... and he makes me have fun weather its watching a marathon of Starwars, or doing something really stupid like climbing a tree... at least my life is interesting now.

Okay...

Cannot climb trees.

Had a friend (girl in school), who went swimming at an apartment complex in her dress after graduation (poofy dress), hiked up the mountain to the nature preserve where there are waterfalls and went in in her underware (dove from high high cliff face into unknown waters). Went in topless at the apartment complex when there was no one around(outside, people could have seen here from the lobby windows) Ah, yeah... many other stupid things I do not recall over the years - thankfully she has mellowed with age. Now instead of being the 'bore', I am her lovely responsible friend who does not ditch her at the sight of her 2 small children(cause kids are work and not idiocy-fun)...

*Laughs*

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hahahahahaha! well your a good friend! Although if she were my friend i'd be seeing her more often, I LOVE KIDS!!!! I honestly think one of the big reasons i love Will is because of his nephews. I love those boys like they were my own. heheheh there parents refer to me as "Aunt Ally" now. heheheheh.

Anyway, yeah i was always the bore too... I was raised to think before i act at a very very young age, so i never ever did anything stupid, and usually the stupidest things are the most fun. So it wasnt till i was 17 and met Will that i started actually living.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely windcutter. Old = not teen. I'm only 20 myself.

Guys, we need to state this somewhere. We need like an Old People FAQ lol.

They should have just put it in the title for the 'Old People' thread when they created our new place this last time ....

"Older-than-teen-Writing-YA", yeah that should be our next title when the new thread comes up in like 600 thread pages - yeah I think it's a loooong way off! LOL!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Lol or we could just say something like 20+ers writing for teens.

Laugh, well not all YA is 'teen', some is for a little older, and some is more toward tween/MG... I don't know, in any case you'd have to PM a MOD, and then probably vote on it or something *Laughs*

Not sure how you would do it exactly...:D

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
*coughs* I'm 22 and I think that counts for old enough to lurk here.

Selkies....does your sig say SELKIES!? <3 I'm such a hooker for Irish/Scottish lore.

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
Laugh, well not all YA is 'teen', some is for a little older, and some is more toward tween/MG... I don't know, in any case you'd have to PM a MOD, and then probably vote on it or something *Laughs*

Not sure how you would do it exactly...:D

Well it says Old People Writing for Teens right now so I don't see why the next one couldn't say 20+ers writing for Teens. It's more descriptive than old people writing for teens. Or if you want to go it your way it could say 20+ers writing YA.

Yup, you count Kidd.

Also, I am increasingly thinking I need a sig but I don't know what to put in it. CONUNDRUM!

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I hope we keep it Old People for old time sake. Most of the original people were 25-30ish. I think it came from some teens thinking anyone older than twenty was ancient lol It still kills me that some of the teenagers at work call me mam.

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
Lol. Well then maybe whoever starts it we just put it in the first post like an old people FAQ. Q: Am I an old person? A: Well, it depends. Really, we don't think you're old, you're just wellll not a teen.

I always get people thinking I'm like in high school. It's frustrating. "I'm a senior." "Oh where are you going to go to college when you graduate?" "I'm already in college" Or alternate conversation. Me: mention something about something my husband did or does Them: "Are you married? For real? How old are you?" Okay, you would never ask someone like 30 how old they were. </end rant>

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
*coughs* I'm 22 and I think that counts for old enough to lurk here.

Selkies....does your sig say SELKIES!? <3 I'm such a hooker for Irish/Scottish lore.

Yes, I am working on a Selkie-ish book, more Norse/Irish legends/in modern setting:D

@Lissy - the MOD takes the last page from the previous thread and moves/pastes it in the new one, so when there is a new one, the top post still won't say our age range or that we're not really that old. Lol

I know cause the teen one turned over about a month ago and I was there for it :)

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Fair. I finished re-editing the first section of my novel and now I only have five to go. Naturally I'm stoked. Yourself? :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
If you ever want to bounce a few ideas off of me just shoot me a PM :)

Oh, you're just all interested in the Selkies... *chuckles*...

Well, we start off on land, with a kidnapping, so it's not your typical introduction. We do get to see the 'coat' right off though, but our MC doesn't know what it is... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.