What are you reading?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Just started Dennis Lehane's Live By Night. Gangsters and bootlegging and such.

I just finished that a couple weeks ago. Love Lehane, but I didn't love it HALF as much as The Given Day. It's in my top five of ALL TIME.

Hankleton

Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton. Loved the book. I guess you'd call it contemporary fiction with romance, humour and some pretty saucy scenes. I fell in love with the 2 MC's. Well worth the read.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A Confederacy of Dunces. Any book in New Orleans is a winner in my opinion. I'm enjoying it, and I'm enjoying wanting to punch Ignatius in the face. Kudos to the author for making me hate the main character this much.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan. Not sure how I feel about it yet, even though I'm about halfway through. I heard the review on NPR, and it intrigued me enough to give it a shot. It's holding my interest, at least, and slowly building said interest.

tpolen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teripolen.com
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. It took me awhile to get into this, but liking it more as I go along. Felt like maybe some things in the MC's world needed a little more explanation. Sequel comes out in January, I think.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished reading The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow. This was my introduction to Bellow, and I have to say I was very impressed. The writing was beautiful, Augie is a brilliant and sympathetic character, and it was a very bookish book, full of allusions and metaphor, which I like.

Anyhow, jumping from one 600-pager to another, I've started reading Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham. It seems like a decent story so far.

Wulfric

Registered
Reaction score
Not reading all that much at the moment...Golden Volcano on occasion though. I should be getting more books at christmas.

luxisufeili

Aspiring to be non-rejected
Registered
Reaction score
Blink - Malcolm Gladwell.

Not enjoying it yet. :(