Mama Jude's Pep Talk

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Hope things go well for your daughter, History.

Got the last passes today, so my book's officially off sub. *pouts*

I'm gonna have a piece of chocolate and go out for a really good lunch and try not to mope. Not the end of the world, right? Try again with the next one and see what happens.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sucks :(

Have some brie.

And you know what? It's not you, it's them.

:Hug2:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Might be true, but doesn't make it much easier. I worry that the new one is too weird. Hoping not. Weird is good, right? Weird = original?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Might be true, but doesn't make it much easier. I worry that the new one is too weird. Hoping not. Weird is good, right? Weird = original?

Nothing makes it easier. But there's brie. Or, you know, chocolate...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
The brie definitely helps. As does the chocolate. :D I just don't recommend mixing the two...

Unless chocolate and cheese are mixed in the form of a cannoli. That is TOTALLY acceptable.

Man, now I want a cannoli. I think I shall treat myself to one!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:, kaitie.

I'll eat some chocolate in commiseration. And as far as I know, weird is totally good. (But carob is bad.)

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Sorry Kaitie, but your all ready ahead of the game by working on your next one. And I like weird, personally.

Well after sitting 3 hours (as they over scheduled themselves) it is postponed until a paternity test is done. Since he did the paternity form when he was 17 (when the baby was born) it doesn't count. So they will probably postpone on Monday too. Ugh.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hope things go well for your daughter, History.

Got the last passes today, so my book's officially off sub. *pouts*

I'm gonna have a piece of chocolate and go out for a really good lunch and try not to mope. Not the end of the world, right? Try again with the next one and see what happens.

Well damn. (((hugs))) That bites. That's truly a book that should be published. I'm sorry.

Is your new one ready to go, or is it the one you're working on now?

Sorry Kaitie, but your all ready ahead of the game by working on your next one. And I like weird, personally.

Well after sitting 3 hours (as they over scheduled themselves) it is postponed until a paternity test is done. Since he did the paternity form when he was 17 (when the baby was born) it doesn't count. So they will probably postpone on Monday too. Ugh.

Ugh. :( They couldn't have said that w/o you waiting for 3 hours?!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Nowhere near ready to go. I have an older one that, with some tweaking, I'll send, but it needs another beta run and revision before I do. I'm not sure that it's good enough to even warrant sending, but I'll at least put it out there.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes HS. Really hope things work out.

Carob? Friend of mine at college suggested trying that because she was intolerant to something in ordinary chocolate (or actually just said she was, turned out she was pretty much only intolerant to work). So I got some from the organic food store to try. Yeah, pretty much go with mccardey's opinion on that one. ;)

Kaitie, that sucks. As I think I said before, I thought the concept of the book sounded really cool. Just sounds like some folks don't know a good idea when they read it. I just hope you find success and they'll see that they should've pubbed it after all.

I am going to see what new flavours of Milka chocolate bar are out as they seem to be doing lots of weird flavours (new one is chocolate-pear, which actually is really good), to recover from my MS Word nightmare yesterday. Then I think I'll be taking myself to the Italian restaurant round the corner again. Been wanting to go there since I moved here, since it's pretty much the only restaurant in this area, but was too scared because my Czech wasn't good enough. Monday, just went in, ordered, answered anything I was asked, and got one of the nicest meals I've ever had. So little bit proud of myself. :)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Been wanting to go there since I moved here, since it's pretty much the only restaurant in this area, but was too scared because my Czech wasn't good enough. Monday, just went in, ordered, answered anything I was asked, and got one of the nicest meals I've ever had. So little bit proud of myself. :)

Well done, you! I'm doing that in French. Fun, isn't it?

Note: doesn't work with the Swiss so much...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Zelenka!

Mccardey, you sound like you're having the time of your life. :)

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Oh, more of my favourite writers here too, I must go through all the threads again and find where people hang out. Is there a name of for tortoise-slow writers who find a little niche on a forum thread and just stay there for ever and ever?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, more of my favourite writers here too, I must go through all the threads again and find where people hang out. Is there a name of for tortoise-slow writers who find a little niche on a forum thread and just stay there for ever and ever?

Yeah - they're called mccardey....

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I thought they were called kaitie.

Now I'm so confused. :tongue

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought they were called kaitie.

Now I'm so confused. :tongue

Sorry - they're called kaitie and mccardey. kaitiecardey, if you will. Or sometimes mcKate. Or, you know, Maryn.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are awesome. :D

So. Anyone want to do a beta read for me on a book that needs work? It's also stupidly long. Uh...also (imo) really cool and with fun characters and a nice action/adventury sort of suspense story, but it has some weak areas and I could really use another voice or two of feedback to help me find them.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
kaitie, you know I will - if you dare. :evil (No, really, guys, I'm a perfectly nice beta. I swear. Don't look at those weeping piles of shredded manuscript over there.) I'll caveat though: I'm also really busy right now so a speedy turnaround is not going to happen. I've already got something in my queue that I'm quite delinquent on. So, uh, yeah. Ahem. I'm just hanging out here in kaitiecardey...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Namatu, you're one of the best betas ever, even if you do hand back the manuscript in a pile of ripped paper dripping red ink. ;)

And you know I can't complain on speed. :tongue I think I've topped you for slowest beta reads ever in life.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Kaitie, I don't know how much use I'd be, but if you want just a fresh pair of eyes and a kind of reader-reaction sort of thing I'm more than happy to help out.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I had time... over the summer I might have a chance. Remind me then if you still need it?

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Namatu, you're one of the best betas ever, even if you do hand back the manuscript in a pile of ripped paper dripping red ink. ;)
Aw, shucks. Thanks, kaitie. Also? Ripped with love! :e2heartbe

And you know I can't complain on speed. :tongue I think I've topped you for slowest beta reads ever in life.
This is true!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Namatu makes all those cute little squiggly secret code marks too. :D

I should be finishing up on a beta read soon, so I could read for you Kaitie. I like to beta read on my work lunch Wed-Fri, and to wind down at night. Besides, I owe you one.