Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
:D hey all.

Good to see things are looking up Greg.
I took some time off of writing and hopefully things are back to normal (or as normal as they will ever be)

Right now. Trying to edit this short story... trying is a key word here.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
It's been such a weird week in my neck of the woods. A woman I worked with for several years (I was her supervisor) shot herself in the head in a burning building. The police found another body in the basement, also shot. Today they found the body of the woman's husband, stuffed in a barrel. He'd been dead about three years.

It's so frickin' strange. She was a nice lady, always cheerful. Kind-hearted. Passionate about her garden. The last person you would expect. But it seems this nice lady killed two men before taking her own life.

You just never know.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been such a weird week in my neck of the woods. A woman I worked with for several years (I was her supervisor) shot herself in the head in a burning building. The police found another body in the basement, also shot. Today they found the body of the woman's husband, stuffed in a barrel. He'd been dead about three years.
Not to sound unsympathetic to the victims here (because obviously they suffered a very bad end), but that poor woman must have had some SERIOUS issues to do all that. :( How tragic.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

It's so frickin' strange. She was a nice lady, always cheerful. Kind-hearted. Passionate about her garden. The last person you would expect. But it seems this nice lady killed two men before taking her own life.

You just never know.

:Jaw:

Did she work in retail?

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com

You just never know.

About six months ago, some guy near here and his brother set his house on fire with his three kids and wife asleep inside. The youngest was a newborn. He was looking to collect the insurance.

I found out later that this guy and his brother were the products of one of the worst cases of incest documented in Wisconsin. Apparently, their father and mother were locked in an attic for years, along with other siblings. Everybody knew this guy wasn't right in the head. How he ever got married is beyond me.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I'll up you one.

about 5 years ago, when I worked at the newspaper, we had a report of a little boy opening the door for the grocery delivery man. The boy had bruises on his neck and blood on the front of his pj's. When the delivery guy asked where the mother was, the boy started crying.
Obviously 911 was immediately called.
The mother and older brother were found in their beds beaten to death. The father could not be reached.
Later the father was found in a dry quary where his vehicle had run over the side. He was found with shot gun wound to the head.
There was a bit of panic as we thought we had another killer on the loose.
Turns out Hubby suspected the wife of cheating/hoarding money/whatever and "invited" a less than savory person who worked for him home late one evening. The second guy was told to stay in the garage while husband staged a robbery. Something went wrong--wife caught him in the act/fought back--and he started beating her first with fists then with a ball bat. Which woke up the older son. Husband then proceeded to beat older son with ballbat after taking him to his room.
Husband then returned to the bedroom where he continued to beat his wife until younger boy woke up.
Husband choked the child and told him to go back to bed and told him the boy was having a bad dream.
Husband then killed his wife. By that time the second guy was gone. Husband then may have realized how wrong things had gone, took his shotgun to the quary put the truck in gear, shot himself and rolled off the cliff.

Yea... pretty fucked up

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
yep

Oh and we had a serial killer who lived not more than 2 miles from the house I grew up in. he went on a rampage killing first his x and her boyfriend/husband then hopped across several counties killing seemingly random people. there were huge man hunts out for him and people were encouraged to lock their doors and leave keys in the vehicles.

it was really crazy when the police went door to door at about 5:30 one morning knocking on doors doing searches. At that time I lived alone.... o_O No I didn't open the door!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! I remember Sheeley! big manhunt for him.

Alis Ben Johns that was his name. I live in Pulaski county which borders Camden. So yea... that was kind of a scary time.

and yea! found a new research place for murderers

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Another detail from the case of my friend. The police officers heard two gunshots, entered the home and found her dead upstairs. I've been wondering - why two shots? Did she miss the first time? Like, she got scared, jerked the gun away, then had to try again. I've been just kind of stuck replaying that detail, trying to figure out her last moments. Anyway, it turns out the first shot was for her dog, the second for herself. She had no kids and loved that dog like it was her own child.

I wonder if police will ever get to the bottom of it. Seems like the three people who could tell the tale are all dead.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've often wondered about some of those scenes. Just what the hell happened? More to the point, what was wrong with the person who did the killing?

In the Nick Sheeley case, he did unspeakable things to a baby. I worked with the sister of one of his victims and aunt to that baby. She was messed up. Sheeley was always a bad seed from the very beginning. He was always in trouble for something or another. And then he got heavily into drugs and that was it. He's still screwed up.

I have a family member in law enforcement in that area and he tells stories of just how crazy he is in jail and how he's attacked guards. Meth just destroys brains.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if police will ever get to the bottom of it. Seems like the three people who could tell the tale are all dead.
:Shrug: It's still soon. Maybe more will become clear as time goes on. Though, you're right, seems like the ones who had the most to share are gone now. But you never know...

:hi: Hounds. Slow moving in here lately. Hope everyone is well.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, you do sometimes wonder what was going on both in the victim's minds and the mind of the killer.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice, Ted!

I sent off one story yesterday and another today. Now I'm reacquainting myself with an old one from a couple years ago. I think I can have it ready to sub by next week. Hopefully. So far so good, but the ending may need more work than I think.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
DAMMIT!!!

I forgot to get references for my application. I thought I was all but done. I'm gonna miss the deadline now. Fuck me.

:Headbang:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Taking half a day off to wrap up a project and get it subbed. My writing is more important that work. I'm making a choice.

Nice, Ted!

I sent off one story yesterday and another today. Now I'm reacquainting myself with an old one from a couple years ago. I think I can have it ready to sub by next week. Hopefully. So far so good, but the ending may need more work than I think.

Yay! Congrats hounds on getting them out there! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

DAMMIT!!!

I forgot to get references for my application. I thought I was all but done. I'm gonna miss the deadline now. Fuck me.

:( Ack! I don't know what the application is for, but I hope you somehow managed to get it in. :Hug2:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DAMMIT!!!

A school thing, Rhoda? I hope everything is okay.

Yay! Congrats hounds on getting them out there! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!
Thanks, Night. I hope you have magic fingers. :D

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Nice, Ted!

Good luck!

We're marching along, right? Eventually something good will happen. It has to. Keep the subs going out and it'll magically happen.

Magic.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Rhonda, could you put at the end, references available upon request? (B does that with job applications)

Hello all.

Ted, hope you get that story out soon. I'm slowly working on edits from the Jan Shock Totem flash contest. Origional was 800 and it's up to nearly 4K now. Still needs expanding.
After that I'm really going to try W1S1 to get my stories out there. Last year I subbed nearly nothing but I've got my feet back under me.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shadowflame, W1S1 is great for productivity! Did you do it before? I feel like I've seen you there before. I'm back in it (sorta, kind of informally) after taking a year off.

I am stuck in research mode today. Normally, I kind of like this mode. But it's for a short story I'm not 100% convinced is going to work. And I HATE to waste time. If it doesn't come together for me by Monday, I am going to put it back in the trunk again. It's been in there for a year, poor thing.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I think I poked around in there for a while, but didn't actively participate. It does look like fun and lots of encouragement. This story I'm currently isn't going to be ready for a week or so but I can dig something out of the trunk and get it subbed this weekend I think.
My Write 1 will be the current Shock Totem flash piece. We have a great prompt.

if you want to participate sign up is here, but hurry you have until next thursday to write. (closed part of the forum so you have to sign up for it.) After that, there will be 3 weeks to read and comment and vote on the submissions. at the end of the month the points are tallied and we find out who the winner is!

Its great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.