Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
I didn't think so many other folks did this! What fun! I haven't done art work for every book I've written but all during the writing process and after on Moorehawke I ended up doing lots and lots of drawings :) I usually put them up in a gallery on Deviant Art

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I drew a sketch of one of the characters in my WIP today, servant boy to my main character Vlad. Let me introduce, Izsák.

Click on the picture to see a larger version on my DA account. Hopefully this image isn't too big.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... sporadically draw cartoons. So it sorta goes with the territory. Really should do something with my latest batch. Been gathering dust for months.

Duppy

The Attic Dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. 'S the reason I learned to draw. Really helps to have your characters glaring at you while you write.

Like this.

Melanie Dawn

Registered
Reaction score
Yep. 'S the reason I learned to draw. Really helps to have your characters glaring at you while you write.

Like this.

hehe... Ya I haven't put up the pics of my novel characters but i do have this staring at me when I am at my drafting table.

Last edited:

Duppy

The Attic Dweller
Registered
Reaction score
hehe... Ya I haven't put up the pics of my novel characters but i do have this staring at me when I am at my drafting table.

I expect that does that trick. ^_^
('s beautiful, by the way).

Last edited:

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
You have some nice drawings there, Melanie. Makes me want to draw mine more often, but that spark to draw doesn't come around so often anymore.

Melanie Dawn

Registered
Reaction score
You have some nice drawings there, Melanie. Makes me want to draw mine more often, but that spark to draw doesn't come around so often anymore.

Thank you! ya, it's been few and far between for me lately..most of those are form the 30 characters in 30 days challenge last year (i hit all 30!) this I last about a week and half (depression kicked my ass).

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I just deleted it, i don't know how to do it.

You can't do it on site, as far as I know. You have to use image editing software to slightly shrink the image. Or you can split it in two and post the two halves.

It was a nice image to see, just too big for the site.

Melanie Dawn

Registered
Reaction score
You can't do it on site, as far as I know. You have to use image editing software to slightly shrink the image. Or you can split it in two and post the two halves.

It was a nice image to see, just too big for the site.

eh, not worth the time.

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I've started using scrivener, and you can upload images into the resource files right there while your writing. I really like being able to look at my character inspiration or drawings while writing about them. :)

Duppy

The Attic Dweller
Registered
Reaction score
I've started using scrivener, and you can upload images into the resource files right there while your writing. I really like being able to look at my character inspiration or drawings while writing about them. :)

This. I don't have scrivener, but an open ringbinder or an openoffice document works too.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I upload my photos to Photobucket and I can change the size of them in there. The old version of Photobucket didn't give you many options for photo size, but the new version lets you change the size by number of pixels. Like what I did with my drawing I posted above. I uploaded the picture, clicked on edit (the paintbrush icon above your uploaded photo), clicked adjustment then resize. For the longest length of the photo I typed in 400, the max size allowed on here, and kept the keep proportions selected. Then save as copy so I can keep the original photo size separate from the shrunken size for this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.