Trigger-happy Neighborhood Watch Kills Black Teenager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Soooo.... *speculative hat on* maybe Zimmerman confronted Martin and tried to grab him, the kid pushed him off and ran, then Zimmerman shot him in the back?

No, Trayvon was shot in the chest (if you can trust anything at this point). But that doesn't mean that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman bashing his head on the ground. When I read the new witness's statement, taken with everything else I know, I got a mental picture. Especially when I take that statement with what two other witnesses said they said, which was Zimmerman on top of Trayvon with his hands on his back. That was after the shooting, of course. I am wondering, among other things, if Trayvon really died in the position he was found. I am also wondering if cop-wannabe Zimmerman was searching for a gun or ID on Trayvon.

If a person shoots a person who is straddling him at close range, that person certainly bled on and possibly fell on the shooter. I wonder in what position the victim's hands would have to be in to be under his body, as Trayvon's reportedly were. I wonder about the blood that would get on the shooter, and if the shooter's jacket was open or closed. If closed, the gun was probably in a pocket or holster, and would be difficult to get with a person straddling you. If the jacket was open, where's the blood?

I just hope there is a true effort to salvage a decent investigation from the apparently abbreviated one that was done. We'll never know if Zimmerman was high or drunk, but I hope there's enough evidence to show what actually happened, or to give a reasonable idea.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

In which case, not only does any possible claim of self defense go out the window, but now we're looking and intent and premeditation. (You don't need to have a well thought out plan for it to be premeditated.)

However, witness statements can be hard to base things on. I remember when I was in a cadet program many moons ago. We did something at the front of the class, a little role playing. A detective from down the hall that no one knew very well ran in, hit me (Stage hit) and I fell down. He then ran back out. He was in the room 10 seconds at most.

Room full of wanna be cops and no one gave a good description of him. He was white, black, hispanic, asian. Tall, short, fat, thin. Bearded, not beared. Wearing blue, black, brown, grey. One woman insisted he had a nice ass.

You need a picture from all witness statements, looking at what was the same in all, and physical evidence.

The more I hear, however, the worse it looks.

I believe there is a famous saying that says something like 200 people will see a car accident, and each of the witnesses will have a different version of how the accident took place.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look, you said what you said:

However, this is still supposed to be a board by and for writers and writers have a responsibility to use the right words the right way.

There is no "lynch mob" howling to hang Zimmerman high. NONE. Not even those Phony Black Panthers are dumb enough to call for the killing of the man who killed Trayvon.

The casual misapplication of incendiary terms where they have no relevance is either sloppy thinking or deliberately calculated to provoke a purely emotional reaction.

And all of that, you could have said to yourself when you used the term. Because you know that people were not seriously calling for someone's death in those past instances.

Robeiae, you have enough trouble knowing what you think. Don't presume you can tell me what I know.

robeiae said:
FWIW, I don't think it was hypocritical or dishonest on your part, at all. You forgot that you had used the term. But confronted with the reality, what now? Admit error? Try to slough it off? Defend the usage as somehow justified?

None of the above because I don't owe you any explanations or justifications.

What you do or do not think is hypocritical or dishonest does not matter to me in the slightest. There are those on this board whom I do defer to, but you are not among those individuals.

rwam

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-association-hooded-sweatshirt_n_1386128.html

The NRA have decided to stir the pot even more. "the NRA is selling a hoodie that has pockets specially designed to carry a concealed weapon."

Bad is not a strong enough word for their timing, it's malicious.

I actually saw this item yesterday while I was looking through an NRA catalog. Thought it was ironic. Knowing how far in advance copy is due, I doubt it was intentional - it was probably in the works more than a month ago. Plus, the whole catalog (probably 40 pages) had a conceal-carry theme to it - this was just one item buried on page xx. Bad timing, though, that's for sure.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I actually saw this item yesterday while I was looking through an NRA catalog. Thought it was ironic. Knowing how far in advance copy is due, I doubt it was intentional - it was probably in the works more than a month ago. Plus, the whole catalog (probably 40 pages) had a conceal-carry theme to it - this was just one item buried on page xx. Bad timing, though, that's for sure.

It's going around facebook as if it was done because of this. .

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Robeiae, you have enough trouble knowing what you think. Don't presume you can tell me what I know.
You think you can insult your way out of this? Really?

None of the above because I don't owe you any explanations or justifications.
Oh, it's pretty clear that you're trying to slough it off now. Just admitting that you erred would be much easier.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Enough.

We're going to let this one cool off for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.