Not open for further replies.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Welcome back, Teri!

(((Cheeky)))

(((AL and Dad)))

(((Fire))) Better reviews are sure to come.

Awesome, Lily! (for the Suspense article and for Wall-Jumping Anniversary)

WOOHOO Lela!

lwalker - good luck on the rev! And job vamp dust for the hubs!

Tas - congrats on the new start!

RAB and Phoenix - I hope you're having a great time tonight!

Sammy - enjoy the vacation!

Blond - they somehow saw your pics with JL and they're jealous, realizing what they're missing out on.

Maryn - love the Mother's Day card!

On the home front, kiddo broke her ankle at gymnastics. It'll be in a cast for 6-8 weeks. This type of break normally requires surgery, but the doc said she was lucky and the bone hadn't separated. Kiddo's making the best of it with a hot-pink cast.

CourtneysCast.jpg

We also have a new member of the family. 20yo has summer school for a few weeks so her rabbit is hanging out at the house. My kids have the same lack of imagination naming pets that I have when it comes to naming characters - the rabbit's name is "bunny".

buny.jpg

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Aww, spectacled bunny. Sorry about Kiddo's broken ankle, but a good bit of luck on the clean break. Is she dealing with it okay?

GR: I'm a Librarian now, so I can do some things like combine editions. Like the other places, I read all my reviews, and I use the blog feature to keep people updated.

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
Also, apparently while I was out youngest pulled his tooth out while hubs was on the phone long distance with an old friend. Child screamed "I'm bleeding to death!" and the hubs sprinted the two flights of stairs in record time, leaving old friend hanging.

Nine-year-old did not share this part of the story when she texted me at the restaurant.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Rick, your poor kidlet! But her sister's bunny probably helps.

Liz and Rab, more Purgies having awesome meetups? So jealous!

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Evening, all. Repped my fingers off and now I'm being called off to a family event. Only enough time to say...

Clovia, you owe me a monitor. Brilliant post.

Major hugs for pink-casted Kiddo.

Congrats, Lily. The world is a far better place for your sins. I'm sure Mr. Lily would agree.

Blue, I agree with everyone else. Write it and *then* figure out whether it'll be a blog post, a free download for subscribers to your blog, or a self-pubbed short.

Okay. I'm off again. TTYL, Purgies. Miss you guys.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Hey all! {{{AL}}} and best wishes for your dad. A YAY for Lily and wall jumping! I can't think of a more appropriate way to, ahem, celebrate. :)

Hubs took the day off of work for the release of Diablo III. I figure he works long and hard enough that yes, sometimes, he does still get to act like he's in college. I took Sharkbite to the zoo for most of the day while hubs sat around in his PJ's and played. Now of course I'm totally beat but it was nice to have someone to keep Sharkbite busy while I made dinner - even put some stuff together in the slow cooker for tomorrow.

And TOMORROW will be a no doubt exhausting trip to Ikea (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH THE HORROR) to get Sharkbite a little art/activity table. The new house has this breakfast nook I had no idea what to do with (half the time we don't even eat at the dinner table, no way I am going to set up a "breakfast nook") until Mr. Shark started ladeling his paints all over the dining room table. His other art supplies are strewn all over the living room. I figure I'll set up the breakfast area as an art room and he can do his business there.

I'm also contemplating getting a parakeet, since the art room would be the perfect place, but methinks maybe I'll wait until the little one turns three. :)

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
My crazyclockworld MG mystery is out for a final beta read this week. I have no idea if I pulled off this Alice in Wonderland-like tale, but I am sure of one thing:

It's different!

But is different good enough?

That is the eternal question.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, spectacled bunny. Sorry about Kiddo's broken ankle, but a good bit of luck on the clean break. Is she dealing with it okay?
Both my girls are drama queens, so she's enjoying the attention. But she was upset because we had to cancel her week at gymnastics camp this summer, plus she had two dance recitals next week she'll miss. And she'll be spending two weeks in Hawaii on vacation in a cast. Bad timing, I'd say. (is there such a thing as a waterproof cast? I thought I heard something about that.) But all-in-all, she was up-beat on the phone when we talked and seems to be taking it fairly well.

Dashing in here to beat Rab and say whatever she says I said about dessert, it's not true. : )
That's not what I hear...

ETA: Have fun at IKEA tomorrow, Jo!

Good luck with he crazyclockworld beta, Vandal!

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Sitting down to begin a massive overhaul of the 51k of this TRAINWRECK OF A NOVEL. Seriously, I should just rename it TRAINWRECK in all my files.

T-minus 4 weeks and counting...

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Blond!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
TWO WEEKS in Hawaii in a cast? Augh, poor thing! There's basically no point to Hawaii unless you can swim, is there?

Adorable bunny, btw. Are they particularly affectionate? I had one rabbit growing up but he was a "rescue," about to be put down because he was an accidental inbreed. Totally psychotic, and with some weird health issues. Even after my eight year old self campaigned to rescue him I ended up deciding to have him put down a couple of years later anyway just because he had no quality of life and wasn't really a pet. So my impressions of rabbits as pets are somewhat skewed.

Oh, and I have the same penchant for animal names. My cat of 20 years was Kitty. ;)

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, kiddo is normally a fish in Hawaii, hopping between the pool and beach. I'm going to look into a waterproof cast, cause I'm not sure what she'll do if she doesn't have one. (We normally hang out at the beach and pool most days.)

As far as bun-bun goes, she's sorta affectionate. She doesn't mind being held and will come to you to get her ears and nose scratched. And she'll play with toys - she likes her stick and toy with bells on it - she'll pick them up with her mouth and shake them around a bit. But as far as affection goes, a rabbit's not near as affectionate as a cat.

BTW, bun-bun's fur is SOOOO soft I had a Cruela DeVille moment the first time I pet her, realizing how soft a rabbit fur coat would be.

ETA: Greetings, Lisa! Great interview, and good luck on Book 4 plot! Get better soon!

Last edited:

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Ugh, Rick. So sorry! Sports injuries are a bitch, but it sounds like the doctors feel it will be a speedy recovery!

And she'll be spending two weeks in Hawaii on vacation in a cast.

I did this when I was 10. Broke my arm playing soccer with a group of 16yo boys. My poor mother just did not know what to do with me.

I still had a blast in Hawaii, though. I'm pretty sure my cast was rotting from the inside out by the time we got back.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa and Blond.

BTW, I updated my avi with kiddo riding her first wave when she was 5. We take the girls surfing each year in Hawaii. Not this time for kiddo, though.

ETA: It's bedtime for Bonzo. I gotta get my beauty sleep before my meet-up with the San Diego Purgies tomorrow night. :)

Nite, Nite!

Last edited:

GJB

Oh, what a ride
Registered
Reaction score
A Sculptor, perverted Lawyer, and Producer walk into a bar.

The sculptor cracked his head, made the ambulance take him home and patched himself up. The producer got knocked out cold and had to be carted off by the key grip. The bar snapped when the lawyer hit it head on. Didn't phase him a bit. He handed out cards all around and chased the ambulance that picked up the sculptor and the producer.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Morning, peeps.

btw, we did take a meet-up photo last night, but damned if I can figure out how to get it off my phone, so... yeah. Good intentions and all that.

Hope hump day treats you all well :)

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, purgies. I went back a couple pages to try and catch up, but please let me know any big news I missed.

I have (almost predictably) returned from vacation with a sore throat/cold. *sigh*

(((Cheeky)))

(((Rick daughter))) But cute bunneh! We call my brother's rabbit "bunny" too even though he has another name.

Blond, good luck!

Time to tackle my massive inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.