Anecdotal information about Nutritional Therapy

boron

Health writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.healthhype.com
No one said dietary counseling couldn't help people. I said there's not scientific proof (of anything), that in the U.S., at least, diets aren't prescription, or proven, dietitians and nutritionists aren't the same thing, aren't doctors, and etc., above.

Same as the Post article - that's my point. You kept insisting there was proof of things and proven diets.

I've said I want to avoid the word proof and use the term evidence instead.

Just btw, I only know from knowing some people with diabetes, but my understanding has been that people with diabetes 2 need to watch their diets carefully, people with 1 really don't. They eat whatever, basically, and compensate with insulin, as the disorder isn't diet-related. I mean as long as they've got good control, no matter. Other way round for 2.

People with diabetes 1 need to know which food of which macronutrient composition in which amount and at what time they need to consume after insulin injection. If they exercise, they usually need to eat more. If they eat too little after insulin they may go into hypoglycemia and faint, and if no one is around to help, they can die. It is not that a certain diet causes or prevents diabetes 1, but it can save a diabetic's life.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, you're getting plenty of anecdote. How do you plan to use the information?

In the worst way, in a silly little story :) But, I wanted to sound authentic. Ya'lls are helping in that regard.

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
In the worst way, in a silly little story :) But, I wanted to sound authentic. Ya'lls are helping in that regard.

Considering the breadth of scope of the anecdotes, you could write almost anything at all about nutritional therapists and have it fit something, and that is good.