The Walking Dead - AMC

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
WOW. I wept. I don't know if I wept more for Lori, Rick, or Carl. Just wow. T-Dog, that was so messed up. Sad.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't weep, but I did shed a tear or two. And only for Carl and Rick. I've never cared much for Lori and won't miss her.

I'll miss T-Dog more.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I don't get emotionally attached to these characters. I know they'll most likely all end up dead anyways, so why bother? I realized that tonight. I watch for the kill scenes and plot. And I've already given these characters everything they're going to get from me.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get emotionally attached to these characters. I know they'll most likely all end up dead anyways, so why bother? I realized that tonight. I watch for the kill scenes and plot. And I've already given these characters everything they're going to get from me.

I can't watch a show if I don't care about the characters. I mean, it's ok not to like them (that's still an emotion) and I didn't like Lorie, but if I don't have any emotional attachment to anybody in the show, then why watch at all? You don't have to answer --Maybe it's just me.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
That's the thing, I didn't care for Lori either -- especially second season. For me, I think the emotion came more from Carl and Rick. Carl and Lori was all Rick was concerned for. It seemed like he and Lori were gonna work things out. Carl like really had to shove on the big boy boots of a man. He's gone through another change. Rick's going to lose it some more.

This show is really about character, so I got attached to them. I'm an emotional wreck from tonight. DAMN.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I can't watch a show if I don't care about the characters. I mean, it's ok not to like them (that's still an emotion) and I didn't like Lorie, but if I don't have any emotional attachment to anybody in the show, then why watch at all? You don't have to answer --Maybe it's just me.

This is exactly what I was asking myself tonight. Why watch? I know they're all gonna die. This is the same reason I've never seen the movie Titanic. We all know what happened in the end, why watch some sad love story?

I can see myself not watching this show much more. I like shows where I can feel positive for the character's future. In something like this, the deaths are not a shock, and are almost expected.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to care about the characters to some extent. Even though I didn't like Lori much, I could feel sympathy for her in the end and I definitely reacted to her death scene (being cut open, holy cow, the pain). She gave all of herself in the end, for the child.

Rick and Carl? Yeah, very sad indeed.

And T-Dog. Dammit all. I'm kind of pissed about that. I hope they reconsider letting the inmates join now. All of this because of that guy Rick left in the yard to die. The guilt he's going to feel. Oy. Let's hope this doesn't lead to a change in writing (e.g. more dramatic monologues and BS). I like the action and pacing of this season so far.

In other news, the governor is just sleazy. I can't believe Andrea is falling for this crap. Not sure Merle is going to maintain his starry-eyed attitude toward the governor, especially since he was pretty much told not to go after his brother.

The most depressing thing here is the baby. Either it will become zombie-food, or, we'll have to spend a whole episode worrying about how to feed the baby and where to get milk and whatnot. I know, this might really happen in a situation like this, but bleh.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to care about the characters to some extent. Even though I didn't like Lori much, I could feel sympathy for her in the end and I definitely reacted to her death scene (being cut open, holy cow, the pain). She gave all of herself in the end, for the child.

Rick and Carl? Yeah, very sad indeed.

And T-Dog. Dammit all. I'm kind of pissed about that. I hope they reconsider letting the inmates join now. All of this because of that guy Rick left in the yard to die. The guilt he's going to feel. Oy. Let's hope this doesn't lead to a change in writing (e.g. more dramatic monologues and BS). I like the action and pacing of this season so far.

In other news, the governor is just sleazy. I can't believe Andrea is falling for this crap. Not sure Merle is going to maintain his starry-eyed attitude toward the governor, especially since he was pretty much told not to go after his brother.

The most depressing thing here is the baby. Either it will become zombie-food, or, we'll have to spend a whole episode worrying about how to feed the baby and where to get milk and whatnot. I know, this might really happen in a situation like this, but bleh.

The scenes from the next episode show them talking about the need for formula, so yeah, it's going to be about that --at least part of it, anyway.

I really felt bad for Rick at the end.

I just cannot believe how stupid Andrea is. She annoys the crap out of me. Can they please kill her next?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:O poor Rick and Carl :'( and T-Dog, geez right when he was finally getting some active roles and he was talking more. :/ Did Carol die? I thought she got out. I didn't like Lori much, but she sure went out in style. wow. Now I'm all worked up and I have to get up at 5:00... ugh.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
I emjoyed pretty much everything tonight (11/4). But I confess the show had made me too anti-Lori to feel much more than, leave it to her to go into labor just as the zs attack. I'm liking Carl a bit more this year, so, his having to shoot his mom carried all the emotional weight in that scene. I hope the fact that we didn't actually "see" it doesn't turn out to prove significant.

I wish Micchone would be a bit more vocal about her doubts re: Woodbury to Andrea, maybe that would help A see the light.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad Lori's gone, though for all we know, the little guy might've missed. :)

I'm seeing a lot of things being done just for the sake of expediency in the show, and a lot of bogus contrivances are popping up with more regularity now. I still watch the show, but I'm no longer as ardent about it--the next thing that's bound to happen is that terrorists are going to take over CTU...

Oh wait, that was the perpetual story arc in 24...

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just cannot believe how stupid Andrea is. She annoys the crap out of me. Can they please kill her next?

I can believe it. I'd probably be the same way. It's a real town. With real people. And food. And running water. And protection. And healthcare.

Andrea was close to death when she got there; the Governor saved her. Why in the world would anyone want to go back to running and starving and barely surviving?

You know, unless they've seen the blood and bullet holes and aquariums stuffed with heads. :rolleyes:

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
Last night's episode actually made me cry, and TV shows NEVER make me do that. Leave it to a program about zombies to break the pattern...

But it wasn't the characters dying that did it for me. To be honest, I was cheering a little inside with each death; not because I disliked the characters--I may be one of the few who actually didn't mind Lori at all--but because I'm just like that. I love it when main characters die. (Unless it's absolutely pointless or unbelievable, but that's a whole 'nuther shebang)

It was the death scene before Lori died. Everything she was saying to Carl and how Carl was reacting, Carl's stoic shock after killing his own mother to prevent her from turning. I know we've been talking about Carl's grudge against his mother for what she did with Shane, but I interpreted his act of shooting her to be a sort of forgivness. All in all, that one scene had me bawling, and not feeling remotely embarrassed that I was crying while watching zombies.

ION: I never even noticed that Carol had disappeared until it was mentioned on Talking Dead. I just hope she doesn't come back a zombie and shock the group. It'd be like Sophie all over again, except without the emotion.

I can believe it. I'd probably be the same way. It's a real town. With real people. And food. And running water. And protection. And healthcare.

Exactly. I'd be the same.

Unless I was genre-savvy, then everything would smell fishy to me. From the start I never trusted the governor, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to blend such startling...wrongness in with his admittedly great front of normalcy, though I'm finding this seduction thing between him and Andrea a little uncomfortable.

And I can't wait to see whether or not Michonne slices him... Though I'm totally certain it won't happen. It's too early and the governor hasn't been nearly fully explored yet; unless his lackey scientist buddy takes the wheel after his unfortunate downfall, selling his 'special tea' to the masses.

Last edited:

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I'm a little suprised 2 main cast members got offed in 1 episode, not a season finale or mis season or something. Toiok me by surprise!

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Oh man. I wasn't expecting a double punch in this ep. I was bawling my eyes out by the time the credits rolled, and all I could think was "Please, someone be there for Carl." But there wasn't.

Oh man. This show. For the first time, I found myself wanting to stop watching (right after T-Dawg sacrificed himself and before Lori's delivery) not because I was bored or uninterested but because I was finding all of the unrelenting horror so overwhelming. And not horror in the "blood and gore" sense but in the my God, how much can anyone take sense.

Oh man. This show.

lovelybone

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little suprised 2 main cast members got offed in 1 episode, not a season finale or mis season or something. Toiok me by surprise!

Totally. Was this the mid-mid-season finale or something?

I felt bad for T-Dog because he never got his own story. I kind of had Deja Vu from Dale's death. When T-Dog was speaking up in defense of the "outsiders", I thought, "Don't do that. Dale did that and the producers killed him off that episode."

I bawled for Lori. As much as I didn't like her, as a mom, I found her goodbye speech to Carl heartbreaking.

Carol has to be alive, but I found it odd that they just dismissed her as dead, just because they found her head covering. Even Daryl didn't seem to care.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Speaking of Carol's head covering: doesn't it look now like the only reason she was wearing it was so that a conspicuous piece of her clothing would be left behind? Seriously, when has she ever worn any sort of headgear? (And why didn't her hair grow in the 7 or so months they were on the road? Shouldn't they all look more disheveled? And I have to say that I was stunned that Lori was able to find time to shave her pits and legs. Heh. Yeah, I know; I complained about the same thing when I watched LOST - all the women miraculously have no need to shave their armpits or their legs when they have been cut off from civilization.)

But I digress.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Speaking of Carol's head covering: doesn't it look now like the only reason she was wearing it was so that a conspicuous piece of her clothing would be left behind? Seriously, when has she ever worn any sort of headgear? (And why didn't her hair grow in the 7 or so months they were on the road? Shouldn't they all look more disheveled? And I have to say that I was stunned that Lori was able to find time to shave her pits and legs. Heh. Yeah, I know; I complained about the same thing when I watched LOST - all the women miraculously have no need to shave their armpits or their legs when they have been cut off from civilization.)

But I digress.

I know, I thought that too. To be honest, I figure the whole place smells like a putrid, nasty septic tank.

Think about it--hot southern days baking in the sun. No showers, no cleaning, nothing. Just rotting corpses and people who haven't showered in a year. I'll bet you can smell those folks a mile away.

And you couldn't pay me enough to spend time in that prison. Why? It's full of decaying organic matter that has been baking in the hot sun for a year. Dead bodies stink. Ever found a smelly dead road kill? Imagine that times a thousand.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I took a trip to a morgue when I was in college. It was an unbearable smell. But it was more enclosed.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
R.I.P. man!

original.gif

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't weep, but I did shed a tear or two. And only for Carl and Rick. I've never cared much for Lori and won't miss her.

I'll miss T-Dog more.

Totally this. My wife cheered when Lori died. I know that sounds harsh but neither of us liked her. Carl's gonna end up hardcore.