The Walking Dead - AMC

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what's up with that list of girls' names. I think we can stipulate that the Governor is, to some degree, batshit insane.

It was a list of men and women's names: Jonathan, Patrick, Drew etc. and I'm guessing it's a list of people who have died since they been there. If it is and all those marks on the next pages are, then I'd say something is going on that we're not seeing. :O

And obviously Andrea wasn't playing dumb...I really don't understand why Michonne didn't tell her everything she knew or suspected like the soldiers they killed or about the girl (Penny).

And how lucky was that to come across formula? I thought it was funny that Glen mentioned Piggly Wiggly, geez there hasn't been one of those here in decades.

And yes, Daryl is the man. Way to step up and take the lead.

They have no bodies...well, maybe T-Dog's...why in the hell dig graves? I don't get it.

So, the baby's name is ass kicker?

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I don't think all those names on that list were girls. Wasn't one named Patrick? I was pretty sure there was another boy name.

Still, bat-shit crazy seems about right to me.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to know what's the deal with Carol.

Her body hasn't been found, but she hasn't been found alive either.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Has it occured to anyone else that if that phone call had come through a week or so ago, it probably would have been a political poll asking who Rick was planning on voting for?

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think Carol's dead. That's not based on anything at all except my own opinion, though.

I hated the phone thing. I was really hoping that they would skip that part of the comics. At least in the comics, the existence of the phone made sense, though, since it didn't happen until after they'd escaped the prison and landed in that subdivision. Here it's just silly. Sillier, anyway.

But I thought it was a pretty solid episode. Uncle Daryl the baby whisperer was pretty cute.

Where was Lori? Are we assuming she was dragged away by walkers? It picked up right where we left off last week, so I don't think they found her and buried her. But it looked like 2 of the 3 graves were full, so are we to assume they buried her and T-Dog and are waiting for an answer about Carol? It seems strange that they would do that off-screen.

lovelybone

Registered
Reaction score
So that walker ate Lori? And her skull and her bones too? Or did the others come back and collect the bones for the grave, and didn't notice the walker digesting her in the corner?

Daryl laid the Cherokee Rose on Carol's grave... but what was in there? Her head scarf? Did they really find her body or just something they thought was her body? They accepted that she was dead too easily.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched Talking Dead after the show.

The director said the bloated walker sitting on the ground ate Lori. I guess that's why Rick went nutso over that particular walker.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
So that walker ate Lori? And her skull and her bones too? Or did the others come back and collect the bones for the grave, and didn't notice the walker digesting her in the corner?

Daryl laid the Cherokee Rose on Carol's grave... but what was in there? Her head scarf? Did they really find her body or just something they thought was her body? They accepted that she was dead too easily.
And they dug an awfully big hole for a headscarf. Too much time on their hands, obviously.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
And the phone is real? Oh dear. My disbelief is happily stretched to the end of its reach. I just hope it doesn't snap. I want to like The Walking Dead.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Some dialogue has leaked from an upcoming episode of The Walking Dead.

Setting, late at night in the prison block. The survivors are sitting around talking. Maggie is getting formula ready to feed the baby. She hands the bottle to Daryl.

Maggie: We're almost at the end of the formula.

Daryl: I'll make another run tomorrow. I need to get some stuff anyway.

Maggie: What do you need?

Daryl: Yarn. Some knitting crap. Baby Darlene needs some booties.

Maggie: Why do you keep calling her that? Her name is Patty!

Carl: No, it's not. It's Sophia. Sophia Lori. By the way, if you're going out tomorrow, I need something too.

Daryl: Yeah? What?

Carl looks over in the corner where his father Rick is talking on an imaginary phone with Carl's dead mother.

Carl: A really, really big butterfly net.

Daryl follows Carl's gaze, give a grunt and a nod.

Daryl: Fine, but then you gotta give her the name Darlene.

Carl thinks about it.

Carl: I'll give you her middle name.

Hershel: Do you think you could find me a wooden peg leg, a eye patch and a parrot? Here I had my leg chopped off, I should at least get to play pirate.

Daryl: Where the hell am I going to get all that?

Hershel shrugs.

Hershel: Same costume shop you got that poncho from, Blondie.

Daryl: Who you calling Blondie, Stumpy. You'll get what a bring back. Maybe I can get the eye patch and the peg leg, but if I come across a parrot, you ain't getting that. That'll be my dinner.

Carl: Dinner? Ew.

Daryl: Ew? Tastes like chicken. Don't worry. I'll look for a can of Alpo for you.

Carl shrugs.

Carl: Fine by me. Tasted better than anything my mom used to make. Just don't show my Dad. Last time, he threw it away and I was looking forward to it.

Everyone looks over to Rick who is now yelling into his imaginary phone.

Rick: Don't you dare, Lori! Don't you dare put me on hold to see who's on the other line! We all know who's on the other line! Damn it!

Rick looks to the others.

Rick: I hate Call Waiting. Shane's on the other line. Dammit.

Daryl looks over at Carl.

Daryl: Yeah, I don't think you have to worry about your old man taking away your favorite meal this time, Fido.

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Where was Lori? Are we assuming she was dragged away by walkers? It picked up right where we left off last week, so I don't think they found her and buried her. But it looked like 2 of the 3 graves were full, so are we to assume they buried her and T-Dog and are waiting for an answer about Carol? It seems strange that they would do that off-screen.

I watched Talking Dead after the show.

The director said the bloated walker sitting on the ground ate Lori. I guess that's why Rick went nutso over that particular walker.

Yeah, if you noticed that walker's stomach looked like it was pregnant and after Rick killed it, for a moment it seemed as if he wanted to slit it's belly to see what was left of Lori. Hard to believe that it ate ALL of Lori, though. heh...that's kind of crazy.

Hilariously, because of this episode and all sorts of chatter on the internet about the graves, I received a Google alert because, of course, I'm Google-stalking my book's title. (see avatar)

:roll: The title of your book is almost perfect for that ep...except Three Graves Empty probably would've worked better. :)

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The well-fed walker also had Lori's hair bursting out of it's mouth.

I'm still not sure why no one (DARYL!) even looked for Carol. they just shrugged and supposed she was dead then spent 12 hours digging a 6ft hold for her scarf.

Rick's face when he heard the baby crying... Uh, I thought it was about to be next on his hit list.

LOVED Daryl racing over to scoop up the baby and feed it. He's pretty much the best of the bunch.

Also, T-Dawg got more story and character development one he died than in the 3 seasons and six lines previously. SMH.

I still don't know the blonde daughter's name...

A. Why won't Michonne just say with clear words WHY her gut is saying, "RUN AWAY!" there was blood and the walkers and the little girl and the list and so on and so forth. B. Andrea is inching her was into too-dumb-to-live territory.

Lastly, how long is it going to take to stop having two shows set in the same universe? This was interesting at first but now I'm like either pick one or introduce some point of conflict.

Maybe it was the Governor on the phone. Governors have direct lines to phones right? For pardons and such?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
No, her scarf was found on the floor near T-dog's remains, if I remember correctly.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
You know what bugs me about the walker that ate Lori? It makes complete sense that after eating all or most of her, his belly would be distended like that. But I don't think we've ever seen it before. We've seen a lot of walkers eating a lot of people, and the only one that has ever been bloated was the well walker. It's silly and shouldn't bug me. But it does.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Right, we see walkers munching away all the time, even the one's that ate the horse in Atlanta didn't have swollen bellies. It was just put in there to say--hey, that walker ate Lori and she's inside of him. :Shrug:

And I don't get how Carol's head scarf ended up beside T-Dog. Last I saw of her she ran past him and out the door...with it on. Unless she came back to T-Dog later.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
The whole thing was lost on me and my husband. I didn't know why that walker looked so bloated; didn't realize that was hair in its mouth; and had no idea why Rick went bananas on it.

I didn't feel like I wasn't paying attention. There was a just a fuzzy wtf feeling to the whole scene.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
When Maggie and Daryl went into the day care center, I kept my fingers crossed they wouldn't come across baby/toddler/young child walkers. I couldn't handle that.

Feels like they've massively upped the violence and gore this season.

Maybe I'm just a wuss.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
When Maggie and Daryl went into the day care center, I kept my fingers crossed they wouldn't come across baby/toddler/young child walkers. I couldn't handle that.

Feels like they've massively upped the violence and gore this season.

Maybe I'm just a wuss.

I was actually hoping they would find some. I like gore, though. And I think the reality would be that child/baby walkers would exist, so we should see some!

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I figured the bloated walker ate Lori. I just thought he didn't look bloated enough to have eaten all of her but there wasn't any left-overs. Also, I figured the bloated walker got torn up to find the wedding band or something.

The phone part confuses me, but they'll let us know next week.

I'm not sure Carol is dead, but they wants us to think she is right now.

And I was really hoping to see a swarm of baby and toddler walkers crawling towards Daryl so he'd have to merc them all in a frenzy of taboo rage. That scene would have been over-the-top for sure.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
The whole thing was lost on me and my husband. I didn't know why that walker looked so bloated; didn't realize that was hair in its mouth; and had no idea why Rick went bananas on it.

I didn't feel like I wasn't paying attention. There was a just a fuzzy wtf feeling to the whole scene.

You're not alone in any of this. But I wonder if she's really gone. It is possible if not probable that Carl was so nervous he missed a kill shot and that Carol came along and was able to work some miracle with her meager skills and pulled Lori away. Maybe the walker ate another prison who saved Carol off screen.

I can't help thinking in old school soap opera terms: If you didn't see the body they might not be dead and even if you saw the body it could have been a ruse

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I was actually hoping they would find some. I like gore, though. And I think the reality would be that child/baby walkers would exist, so we should see some!

Oh, they definitely exist. Remember the first episode? The child holding a teddy (or a doll)? That was a walker.

But the show has been actively avoiding showing truly little ones as walkers. Maybe the idea is they all would have been completely consumed. I think it's the Powers That Be dictating that some things would be too horrific to show.

And you know what? I'm OK with that. (I really am a wuss!)

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score

Yes, EXACTLY the way I felt when I watched that scene. I don't usually need to be spoon fed, but maybe they should have at least left another clue to those of us without ESP. My high schooler didn't figure it out either.