Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimay

Registered
Reaction score
68-day acceptance from Buzzy Mag for "ReFormed."

Huge thanks to faerydancer who urged me to keep working at increasing the emotional punch of this one through several iterations.

Apparently I'm your acceptance stalker -- first Sorcerous Signals, and now Buzzy Magazine. :) I got an acceptance too, 38 days, for my story 'The Fair Beneath the Ice' -- my first pro sale.

Good luck everyone.

Ali

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently I'm your acceptance stalker -- first Sorcerous Signals, and now Buzzy Magazine. :) I got an acceptance too, 38 days, for my story 'The Fair Beneath the Ice' -- my first pro sale.

Good luck everyone.

Ali

First pro sale... I can't wait until I can write those words for myself. A big congratulations!!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
No publication news. But I did finish a short story last night. The first one in several months (barring "Damsel" but it was a massive rewrite so I don't count it as a "new" story).

Congrats, Alimay on the first pro sale! That's always exciting. :)

Aggy, readying the editing machete

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
No publication news. But I did finish a short story last night. The first one in several months (barring "Damsel" but it was a massive rewrite so I don't count it as a "new" story).

Congrats, Alimay on the first pro sale! That's always exciting. :)

Aggy, readying the editing machete

Congrats Aggy! I'm going through a bit of writer's block myself, and I'm almost more jealous of you finishing a story than I am of the recent sales ;).

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com

Good luck everyone.

Ali

Ack, I missed this! Congrats! Wow, two W1S1ers making Buzzy mag sales. Good stuff.

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info

Good luck everyone.

Ali

Fantastic! Congrats on the sale.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I managed to apply for VP 16 on the last possible minute. All of my better stories were tied up on submission and something finally freed up Thursday, so on Friday the 15th (day of deadline) I scrambled to reformat it, fill out the application, write the cover letter and mail everything out.

This morning I woke up to an acceptance letter, after only 2.5 days!

I'm thrilled to be going and can't wait til October.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
So I managed to apply for VP 16 on the last possible minute. All of my better stories were tied up on submission and something finally freed up Thursday, so on Friday the 15th (day of deadline) I scrambled to reformat it, fill out the application, write the cover letter and mail everything out.

Congratulations Alex! I know a couple of people who've gone and have gotten a lot out of it. I haven't seen the instructors for this year, but I'm sure they're fantastic. One person I know met George R R Martin there (I was very envious), another used last year's VP as a stepping stone to go to Clarion this year (in fact, I think today is his first day there). I guess that was a very fortuitous rejection for you!

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info

Congratulations, Alex! I hope you have a fantastic experience at VP!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome news, Alex. :)

I got a note today that "Overhead" was selected at One Forty Fiction as today's story. (Always funny when the "You've been published" note is also the acceptance note.)

Aggy, still waiting on all the longer stuff

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!

Suzanne: Are you working as staff this year? Will I get to meet you there?

I'm pretty sure MacAlister is staff, and look forward to meeting her in person, too.

So excited. *Squee*

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Suzanne: Are you working as staff this year? Will I get to meet you there?

Unfortunately, no, I stopped being staff after having the twins. Used to do some remote work for them, but they haven't needed me for a few years. It was good while it lasted, though.

alimay

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. And congratulations to Alex and Aggy.

Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.