Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all of you on sales and book launches!

I forgot to mention that I sold a flash story to TM Publishing. That means two stories sold to pro-level markets this year were a direct result of W1S1 - both stories were effectively trunked. I dusted them off and sent 'em out in order to keep my stats up and yay, they sold!

Perseverance ftw.

That's awesome, congratulations!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been sitting on this news for over a week and have finally been given the go-ahead to announce...

'Requiem for a Druid' a 6100-word urban fantasy story will be published in the premier issue of "Galaxy's Edge", a brand-new pro zine edited by Mike Resnick.

The magazine will launch in March 2013. Some of my TOC-mates in the inaugural issue are Lou Berger, Robert J. Sawyer, Jack McDevitt, Kij Johnson, James Patrick Kelly, and Barry Malzberg.

So... yeah. Selling one of my favorite stories to one of my favorite writer/editors in all of SF? You could say I'm pleased... :)

akaSylvia

Doesn't Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intrigue.co.uk
Congrats! I didn't even know they were taking flash. If it's to their Emerald Sky imprint, maybe we'll be sharing a TOC - I sold a reprint of my story "The Unseen Truths" to them in the fall. It's supposed to come out this Spring.

Yay! Yes, I'm presuming it'll be in Emerald Sky.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats akaSylvia on your flash sale to TM, and congrats Alex - a wonderful sale and great to hear about Mike Resnick's new pro zine!

And Merry Christmas to all! (The kids are fast asleep and I'm about to be Santa, ready for tomorrow morning.)

akaSylvia

Doesn't Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intrigue.co.uk
Merry Christmas all.

It's 10am and EVERYONE IS STILL ASLEEP! This is just wrong. I'm turning on the Christmas music as loud as I can in three...two...one...

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The Miracle on Tau Prime" was e-mailed out to Daily Science Fiction subscribers today. Will be posted on the web site in 1 week!

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Ideomancer accepted my poem "Artemis Speaks to Aphrodite" this week. Very cool.

I'm going to have to pull yearly brag box here. After 15 years of writing and submitting, I'm making it as a writer:
26 acceptances this year, 22 sales
23 poems
1 short story
2 flash fiction

For the first 14 years of submitting, I only had 9 pieces land, none of them sales.

Admittedly, I'm primarily a poet, which some say is easier. Though I don't. ;)
My best to everyone in this endeavor - I may or may not have as stellar a year in 2013 but I'll keep writing. Eventually, all the work starts to show.

The 14 years of slogging through were worth it.

Happy New Year all! ^_^

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Alex! My UFO copy arrived this week - looks great.

You're having an awesome year!

Thanks, and congratulations on the Ideomancer sale!

If I can impose on you further, please consider posting a brief review on Amazon or Goodreads after you read UFO. More reviews means higher search standings with Amazon :)

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats everyone on recent sales and achievements. Managed to sneak another sale in before 2013. Silver Blade have purchased "A Portrait of Time". :) Thanks to Alex and Defcon for crits on this one.

Last edited:

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats everyone! I've been offline mostly over the holidays, but I got an acceptance e-mail from ASIM today. Sooo excited, and of course, a little nervous. It doesn't feel official until I've signed a contract, but I'm feeling pretty celebratory. :)

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone posting braggage here recently - I'm afraid to miss someone if I make a list, there were so many!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sold a total of 35 stories in 2012 (including reprints)!

Never would have happened without W1S1, which pushed me to get the stories back out on submission on a regular basis.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the recent sales, everyone! Sounds like it's been a good year overall.

I have some news of my own to share today. My story, "A House in the Woods" is now out at Penumbra. They didn't make any announcements about it on their Facebook or homepage, but it's up in their web store.

My stats for last year were fairly meager, but since it was my first year I'm still proud of the results. I made 6 sales in all: 2 pro and 4 semi-pro. So far only two of them have been published.

Status
Not open for further replies.