Dear Character (Thread 2 in the Talk to Me Series)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Lyall,

I know you're supposed to be coldly logical and without more than a bare semblance of human emotion, but it makes you a right bugger to write. A litany of "you do this then you do that" does not an entertaining scene make. Plus I don't think you've washed or gone to the bathroom in days.

Varying degrees of love,

onesecondglance

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Elena,

Thank you for being smarter than me.

Dodged that plot bullet,

Namatu

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Johnny,

I know that I haven't written you for a little while but get to it, just hang in there. You need to start gathering your thoughts as tonight I want you to forget Ben Watson for now, focus on different things.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Namatu, you have any dark secrets about killing bunnies? :D
No! Bunnies are cute! I didn't like Watership Down either. Those bunnies were not nice. ... Wait. Are you telling me lizmonster is a bunny killer? We may have to rethink this whole stalking thing.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
No! Bunnies are cute! I didn't like Watership Down either. Those bunnies were not nice. ... Wait. Are you telling me lizmonster is a bunny killer? We may have to rethink this whole stalking thing.

Don't listen to that guy. He just likes to stir up trouble.*

I am an omnivore, though. But my heroine is a vegetarian, so I'm trying to redeem myself.

*If I say it was Woundwort that I ate, do I get a pass?

(To be honest, I have never eaten rabbit that I can recall. But I have met a few bad-tempered pet bunnies that I have frowned at disapprovingly.)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Don't listen to that guy. He just likes to stir up trouble.*

I am an omnivore, though. But my heroine is a vegetarian, so I'm trying to redeem myself.

*If I say it was Woundwort that I ate, do I get a pass?

(To be honest, I have never eaten rabbit that I can recall. But I have met a few bad-tempered pet bunnies that I have frowned at disapprovingly.)
Ha! Proof that we are not the same person. I'm vegetarian, though my MC is an omnivore. ;)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm a carnivore who happens to occasionally find veggies on the plate and can't be bothered to complain :)

I have eaten rabbit. It's quite nice in a stew. Very rich though.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Went to a party yesterday where most of the people had never heard the term vegan. That was fun. :rolleyes:

"What about butter? Surely you eat butter? :eek: EGGS? What's wrong with eggs?!" and "Here. This has honey in it, it's really good. What do you mean you don't eat honey?!" ::sigh:: Kind of a long day.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand, hj. It's 2012. Hasn't word gotten out? In response to vegetarian employees' complaints about the lack of edibles for us at the annual company party, the next year we got... fish. A giant seafood bonanza, especially for us. :e2smack: Now we get a whole two or three options, like fried edamame and spring rolls. This is an improvement, but does it comprise a meal? No.

What thread is this? Oh, right.

Dear Krug,

Stop being so in the background. You've got presence. Gravitas, man. Apply it to the page. I'm pretty sure you don't die anytime soon so do me this favor.

Yours,

Namatu

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I don't understand, hj. It's 2012. Hasn't word gotten out? In response to vegetarian employees' complaints about the lack of edibles for us at the annual company party, the next year we got... fish. A giant seafood bonanza, especially for us. :e2smack: Now we get a whole two or three options, like fried edamame and spring rolls. This is an improvement, but does it comprise a meal? No.

My step-son was a vegetarian for 14 years. His own family was constantly saying things like "You can eat fish, right?" Over and over.

I think he gave it up because he was sick of being served pasta and mashed potatoes.

My sister-in-law is a vegan, and if she's invited somewhere for a meal, she brings her own food. My husband (the family cook) takes pride in asking guests in advance, and making sure there is something yummy on the menu for everyone.

What thread is this? Oh, right.

Dear Ted,

Boy, I just kind of shoved you in there randomly, didn't I? And you come across awfully boring, even though I know you're not. Sorry about that, sweetie. I'll give you another dimension in my next round of edits. Promise.

Love,
The Author

P.S. Elena's not sleeping with you, ever. But she does adore you. I hope that's enough.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oops, sorry, I thought I was in the Life of Crime and Chocolate thread! :eek:

Dear As Yet Unnamed Character,

Damn, girl. You're cold! You're going to be fun to write for. Let's not let any moral misgivings interfere with this revenge plot you've got going on, okay?

Mama

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
My step-son was a vegetarian for 14 years. His own family was constantly saying things like "You can eat fish, right?" Over and over.
Every year for the holidays, my parents ask, "What are you going to eat?" Every year, I give them the same answer. I think vegetarianism is simply unfathomable to a large majority of people. What food is there if not meat?

P.S. Elena's not sleeping with you, ever. But she does adore you. I hope that's enough.
More proof that we are not the same person! My Elena adores no one. :D

Oops, sorry, I thought I was in the Life of Crime and Chocolate thread! :eek:
Hee!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
More proof that we are not the same person! My Elena adores no one. :D

I'm starting to think it's a Looking Glass thing. You have bad Russians; I have good Russians. Your MC is an omnivore; mine is vegetarian. Your Elena hates everyone; mine just pretends to sometimes.

But of course both sides of the Looking Glass love chocolate. I don't think that invalidates my theory, though.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to think it's a Looking Glass thing. You have bad Russians; I have good Russians. Your MC is an omnivore; mine is vegetarian. Your Elena hates everyone; mine just pretends to sometimes.

But of course both sides of the Looking Glass love chocolate. I don't think that invalidates my theory, though.
Okay, now that's just creepy (and valid).

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, alter-avatar is lovey-dovey, like alter-Elena.