The 2014 AW erotica writers blog hop discussion-UPDATED!

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, new here but I would love to join the blog hop if possible. I just participated in one for Love, Lust and Lipstick Stains. They used Raffle Copter for their giveaway if you are looking for an easy way to do it. My book is erotic romance...does that qualify?

Excited to join!

Of course you qualify!

And I agree with mid-late June.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
June might be better, Filigree? Give people time to come in, sign up, and get all the details sorted?

@Evelyn. I know Oldbrasscat arranged a rafflecopter for the 2013 AW anthology blog review tour. Or if anyone else knows how to handle them? I don't... *winces*

Lori sent out a lovely sheet of possible questions to ask on the blog last year. Does everyone still have a copy? (Can I borrow one if they have? I've misplaced mine). :D

Last edited:

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Can I jump in on this? I won't have anything out, though things around here are looking more promising. I don't mind setting up the rafflecopter. The only thing with it is that the widget won't install on the free wordpress, and I think there are problems with blogger too. But, it will let you set up a link that takes the person to a page where they can enter.

I don't have a copy of the questions either. :(

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
I like June too. I've participated in Rafflecopter giveaways before (it doesn't work on Squarespace either), and what I do is just link to it in my blog (as opposed to embedding the widget). It seems to work pretty well.

No idea where I stashed Lori's questions. I think I made mine up after google-stalking the person I was interviewing....

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I should be able to handle June.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Just as an FYI, if you host your blog on wordpress.com, you cannot use Rafflecopter.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Excellent, oldbrasscat! I can handle a link. :) Thank you for saying you'll handle it.

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
June and July both work for me (and Rafflecopter as well)--(btw, the Science Fiction Romance Brigade's blog hop is June 21st, so if I could avoid that particular day for my stop, I would be super grateful...).

Oh, and I finally found my blog post from last year. Here are my questions link. I modified some of them to fit the book, but I stayed pretty close to what Lori gave us, I think...

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Bump for this.

Okay, so mid-late June for the blog hop.
Rafflecopter for the big giveaway

Has anyone volunteered to be the "organizer"? Aka, the facilitator. The person who keeps tabs on what's going on?

I'd volunteer, but I can barely keep tabs on myself lately. :Shrug:

And any volunteers on the banner? Should we have a contest, or I could try to make one for this year's hop.

Last edited:

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone volunteered to be the "organizer"? Aka, the facilitator. The person who keeps tabs on what's going on?

I'd volunteer, but I can barely keep tabs on myself lately. :Shrug:

If I took on even one more endeavor, my family would have me flogged and my Human Resources Director would have me sent to mandatory employee counseling.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to be more helpful, but I'm gearing up for my dissertation defense in late June. Major props to anyone who can organize it, though.