Just when I thought I had this licked

White

friendly white tiger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tailsrefuge.com
My suggestion (and, yes, I've been at this point more times than I'm willing to admit) is to forego writing in order. I just write whatever comes to me. If it's the end of the book, fine, the middle, fine, if it is just two lines of random dialogue, great. Write to write and the rest will come.

I try to write at least 50 words a day toward my next work. Even if those 50 words suck, I still jot them down. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow the little shoemaker's elves will have stopped by and spun them into gold!

OR

Listen to music.

I think that is something that both life and my attitude have been suppressing, the level of that kind of creativity and inspiration I have been used to working with. I am finding that ideas are not flowing as much as they used too. but that seems to be coming back.

at the moment I am trying that. It is starting to help as well and my swing is coming back.

White

friendly white tiger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tailsrefuge.com
Don't waste time doubting yourself or patting yourself on the back. Don't compare your work to others. No writer is the same as another, or at least shouldn't be. There are successful bad writers, and there are unsuccessful good ones.

There is only one way to find out how good you are. If you have a story in you, write it. You'll know if it's any good when it's done.

I guess that might be a good idea too, get myself some distance from others work, learn to look at them more objectively and take tips from them without it becoming obsessional and all encompassing. which was what was happening. that seems to be fading too though.

thanks for the tips anyway.

White

friendly white tiger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tailsrefuge.com
I just want to say thanks again to all the guys who have posted advice here. it has all been very helpful and has gone a long way to me getting a short erotic scene finished. not the best maybe but I am happy with it. I will be posting it in the erotica syw section if anyone is interested.

White.

Elly_Green

Daydreamer or Living Nightmare
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eratosmusings-erotica.blogspot.com
I think that is something that both life and my attitude have been suppressing, the level of that kind of creativity and inspiration I have been used to working with. I am finding that ideas are not flowing as much as they used too. but that seems to be coming back.

at the moment I am trying that. It is starting to help as well and my swing is coming back.

Glad I could help. Makes all the difference for me.