The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seeing a picture on the top of the page of a guy with a dolphin tattoo/image on his forehead. Stepping away from the computer now....

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
*rubs Tas' boots*

...Boy, did I ever eye'po that as something else. :D

Morning, purgs! Juggling projects (when am I not?) yet again; was planning to tweak the UF in prep for the Great SP Experiment, but I reread it and dear gods, it's horrible.

~*sigh*~

I can't decide if this is me having improved enough to fully grasp just how much I sucked before, or just me getting in my own way before I actually, y'know, do something. So, being familiar with this loop of the emocoaster, I'm going to wait a bit and reread it again before I decide if it needs to be totally rewritten.

Anywhar, how are you all?

Lily, wow. Er. ...Wow.

APM, hello and good luck!

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Lily, yay on subbing! OMG on the dolphin guy, though it does remind me of an episode of "King of the Hill" when Hank gets some "lovin'" from a dolphin.

Also, yay to APM & LW!

Tas, I like magic boots.

My whole family gets flu shots. Little B and I have compromised respiratory systems, and it would be very dangerous if we were to get the flu. I started getting them when I was pregnant with my oldest. The only time I've had the flu was H1N1, which turned into pneumonia that kept me very sick for about six months. It was awful. I was 29 and seriously afraid I was going to die. In October, I wound up with walking pneumonia after a simple cold. I carry sanitizer and wipes in my bag and use them frequently. Yeah, I'm honestly a little OCD with it, but so far it's kept us from getting anything more serious than your usual kid sickies--strep throat, ear aches, etc.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Pretending I didn't read about the dolphin.

Sunna, I think you are putting barriers up for yourself because we are all so used to barriers and don't feel safe without them.

Only my second grader had the flu shot so far. She's probably most likely to pick it up, being in a large elementary school, but I wish my preschooler had a shot too. Guess wishes don't do us much good.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Gonna write today. Swear to dog. Right now. Gonna do this. Gonna make this...OOOOOO, SHINY THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

This

I got cleared for graduation in both of my majors today, so as long as I don't screw up terribly this semester I might actually be a tad accomplished, graduating at the end of April. :D

I'm officially excited!

WOOT!

Dolphin guy...
nooo-way-smiley.gif
and
no-no-smiley.gif

New words last night. Still need to finish revision. And about 1,000,000 projects due at work. Joy.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could have convinced Mr. Sunna to get a shot. He's always on a plane or in a conference room, and I swear that man doesn't have to be sick 20 minutes before I have it.

Mrs. B, oy. I hope you stay healthy this season.

Sunna, I think you are putting barriers up for yourself because we are all so used to barriers and don't feel safe without them.

I hope so, because damn. You know how sometimes you reread something you wrote and got sick of and stuffed in a mental circular file for a stretch, then came back to and were all holy shit, this is really pretty great, I can't believe I wrote this?

This was pretty much the exact opposite experience, but with more WTF.

*wince*

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Hopeless Hackess, maybe? :D

...Oh, you know, I could have fun with that.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
((((Sunna)))) We've all been there.

And ROFL on eye-po. Oops!

(((Mrs. B)))) I'm a bit phobic about germs, too.

Ahhhh. Chili in the crock pot, children playing happily, dishes done, house clean. I think I've earned some revision time. :) Nasty day. I needed to go to the store, but it's cold and raining, and I'm a little pissed because it's rain and not snow, so I have declared it pajama day, anyway. :)

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
is it awful that i wonder about dolphin
foreplay?

i've heard mention of swimmers being gang
raped by dolphins. yes. i can't even. so dude
having love affair with goddess dolphin totally
plausible.

puglets, i'm not sure if i have a chance
in YA with this novel but i'm afeared of
adult as well. this is what i get for being
the line straddler that i am. *sighs*

critique meeting! getting feedback
on sequel to novel on sub. =)

cindy, fear doesn't override stubborn

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm blanking. Which Carl Hiaa$en novel ends with the bad guy being shoved into the pool with the dolphin who's been isolated from the other Swim With The Dolphins group for his aggressive behavior? The guy is dolphin raped and drowns in the course of it. Since it's Hiaa$en, it's funny as hell and you're not a bit sorry, even though it's pretty grim. (Yeah, he's a one-trick-pony writer, but it's a real good trick.)

Went out for brunch with The Kid, a spur of the moment thing on her way home from adjuncting. Naturally, she's all nice for the classroom, and I'm wearing yesterday's pants and a dumpy sweater, no makeup. Guess who saw someone she knows! (Of course it was me, and you betcha the other woman was dressed and groomed nicely.)

Maryn, putting her real self out there even if it scares the horses

Shveta

Dangling from rainbows
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to go back through and rep, but a quick question for your veteran queriers: I just realized last night that I didn't include a synopsis for the agent whose guidelines require it (along with the query letter and sample pages). Did I just blow my shot on that one?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*tries not to fall asleep and drool into my keyboard*

The real problem with staying up late at my age isn't the "staying up" part. It's the "bouncing back the next day" part that one achieved with ease in one's youth.

*mainlines caffeine*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Shveta, grab your original email, send it again (don't forward, re-send it) with a line at the top saying more or less: "Brain cramp. Forgot he synopsis. It's attached now, thanks."

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am not making this up: There's a guy being interviewed on the radio right now who had hot mammal smex with a dolphin in te 1970s, before it became illegal in Florida. For nine months. He wrote a book about it (Wet Goddess--but it's a novel. Because some people in the story are still alive.) He's talking right now about how the dolphin initiated the relationship (his words). He's going into detail--as far as one can on the radio--about the mechanics of it. Including foreplay.

I'm pretty sure my editor friend got one of her writers to interview this guy. I didn't read the article, but she had a lot of amazing dolphin sex puns on Twitter that week.

So glad I woke up to dolphin smex.

It's better than the bug horror stories. I think.

First day of teaching, Purgies! I got a runner in my stockings, OF COURSE. Had to run to the drug store to buy new ones. I'm not that much of an absent-minded professor to wear ragged stockings. Yet.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hooray! LJ gave VT a "mini-review". This means I dont' have to read any more reviews!

But I wouldn't read my own book after reading this:[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
While former nun Giulia Falcone prepares for the holidays with her boss-then-boyfriend-then-boss-again Frank Driscoll, her friends’ adopted baby girl is kidnapped. Worse, the police are ignoring clues that other same-sex couples in neighboring communities have experienced the same crime, with horrifying results. Loweecey’s third book (after Back in the Habit) does not shy away from the grim topics.

Why why why does no one talk about the funny?! I KNOW it's a dark book! That's why I upped the funny--to counterbalance it! :rant:

*pant* *pant*

OTOH, I got reviewed by all 4 majors.

Hey, publishers! I gotta hot series waitin' for ya! Snap it up while it's hot!

Cake

Registered
Reaction score
calla - it still sounds intriguing and a review is a review :D

Dolphin sex. Righhhhttttt. I just hope they went out on a few dates first, or got her some fish.

Good luck with your fulls A.P.M!

Yay dyst, silly hat day!

I also completely read the rubbing of boots as something else :D

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
So I log on and encounter dolphin sex. Ah... purgatory.

Good luck with the fulls, everyone!

May, good luck with the teaching!

Had my oncologist check up this morning, and got the all-clear on another 6 months. Still have to brave the dermatologist next week, but I'll take it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.