The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Evening, Purgatory.

Pouring down here with a gale. I also learned that my housemate seems to have a girlfriend, which I found out about half an hour ago when he texted to say she was spending the night.

I should probably pop my head into the sitting room to say hi and be a normal human being, but I'm still freaked out that an hour ago I didn't even know he was dating anyone. And I feel too awkward.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think you should go out and say hi, fart in the kitchen, and go back to your room. Then you have a reason for feeling the way you already do.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
lol Clovia

Will some kind soul please take pity and rep me? I haven't done anything to deserve it, but I have an annoying one on the top of my list at the moment. And remind me to stay out of P&CE while you're at it :tongue

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Evening purgs.

Woah, a full day at school and I'm just about ready to fall over in a corner. Too bad I have to work tonight and write lesson plans and graduation applications and all the things right now.

Anyone else just about ready for a nap?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Evening team. It's been a stressful night. My Thursday night crowd have finally decided to ban the ex-best friend and the ex-girl of my dreams after repeated attempts at reconciliation. (This is my close friend of nearly a decade who hooked up with the girl of my dreams and then turned out to be secretly married the entire time in a massive fireball of drama.) I'm really thankful that I have such a strong group of friends. My ex-best friend is very charming and popular, but they've always backed me up 100%. Just as well, because I suspect this is about to go nuclear.

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Para :( I hope things get better.

Snow coming soon I hope. And I got new nail varnishes as a cheer up present to myself.

The lead senior, or little miss pissy (LMP), has reared her ugly and angry head again. I was publicly and unfairly humiliated.

I dont have much luck right now...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
On the bright side, double date with Ms Coffee tomorrow! Our friends are making dinner. Bring on the chocolate pudding. :D

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Oh, how jealous am I of people who actually have partners and a social life. :tongue

On the up side, I may be applying for a pretty cool-sounding summer teaching job per recommendation of one of my professors.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Okay. I'm ready for some feedback on my not-yet live website. I'll rep the address to anyone who's interested!

Why am I so epicly bad at knowing what works in a website?

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Evening team. It's been a stressful night. My Thursday night crowd have finally decided to ban the ex-best friend and the ex-girl of my dreams after repeated attempts at reconciliation. (This is my close friend of nearly a decade who hooked up with the girl of my dreams and then turned out to be secretly married the entire time in a massive fireball of drama.) I'm really thankful that I have such a strong group of friends. My ex-best friend is very charming and popular, but they've always backed me up 100%. Just as well, because I suspect this is about to go nuclear.

Sounds like your core group of friends is awesome. :)

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Just popping in to say I'm astounded how unprofessional some people in business are, and wonder how they survive. Just came out of a meeting and I'm....speechless. This guy was the King of A**holes.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I'm ready for some feedback on my not-yet live website. I'll rep the address to anyone who's interested!
I'm not a website design guru by any means, but I'm happy to help!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I should probably pop my head into the sitting room to say hi and be a normal human being, but I'm still freaked out that an hour ago I didn't even know he was dating anyone. And I feel too awkward.

When I was in college, my roommate started talking about this "creep" who wouldn't leave her alone, how he was really scary and kept talking to her. I saw him and he's got all these death metal shirts on, etc. Just to contrast, she's all sparkly hearts and stars and rainbows and butterflies.

A week later they're in her room making out. I'm like WTF are you doing? She's all, "What? I like him."

Yeah, they're married with two kids now.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Dys - yay!

Dragon - yay!

{Cricket}

{para}

Lia_joy

Registered
Reaction score

Sounds like good writing material.... Someday anyway. Maybe not in the middle of it <3

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Evening Purgies!

Just dropping in - I'll catch up when I get a chance.

It's been a busy week - I'm in Seattle, for the last trip of my current job. Lots of meetings and endless Sequestration budget drills. Now that the income tax issue has been divorced from Sequestration, there's a much higher probability it will happen. Because some programs are "fenced" (i.e. nuclear weapons, submarine nuclear reactors, fuel for the Fleet, etc, other programs have to pick up additional cuts, with some programs (including mine) cut up to 25%.

Using the McDonald's analogy, with a 25% cut, you can open the doors for business and put cooks in the kitchen, but don't have enough money to buy the burger patties, buns and fries to cook. Or you can buy the burgers and fries but no cooks. Or the burgers and fries and cooks, but don't pay the electricity bill. A 25% cut is a killer for some programs - they become unexecutable.

There was barely a peep out of the Dept of Defense before the Fiscal Cliff at the end of the year, but now everyone's running around with their hair on fire. Which reminds me of Animal House for some reason:

The public message from our bosses - DON'T PANIC!

43357756-animal_house_kevin_bacon_520240x160-1.jpg

Inside the 5-sided building:

dontpanic-1.jpg

I hope everyone is well and I'll catch you later!

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All right, inquiry sent to yet another artist who seems to know what plugs into where in a kitsune fable.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.
Snowing sideways here. Young FD has a snow day. I have to venture out to the village shops. Not looking forward to it!

Rick, that might just be the best explanation of DoD budgetary issues, ever. :D

Yay, Dragon!

Cricket, sadly, the business world appears to be full of arseholes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.