Hatrack Writer's Forum?

davem

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
It was up for a few hours yesterday, but it's been spotty lately.

Deleted member 42

I tried it just now and it seems to be working okay. I don't understand forums that ignore messages from their members, or don't keep their boards in good working order. When they're going to do maintenance they should give prior warning.

Sometimes you don't have prior warning. Databases get munged, and you find out when stuff stops working.

The Admins may not even get your messages, frankly.

pdblake

Registered
Reaction score
Website
pdblakeauthor.wordpress.com
Just had an Email from KDW over at Hatrack. Apparently the board was being used by spammers for mass emailing, according to the hosts, and was blacklisted all over the place. They are working on the blacklisting and will upgrade after that to close a hole in their scripts. They reckon to up again by the end of the day tomorrow (presume that to be today?).

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
A friend of mine, who's on another forum that the Janitor at Hatrack is also on, told me that the Janitor said the server caught a virus and they're now changing to another server. They're not sure how long it'll be until Hatrack is back up, but it could be a couple or three days.

LucindaLynx

Registered
Reaction score
So sad, that you're in such a situation. The last message is written during March, so probably the situation there, wherever that site is, is still going on. I am sorry, that you have to suffer like that. I've never been there, so I can't say anything about it, but I wish you strength and hope, that the situation will be over before summer.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
And right now, tho the rest of Hatrack is there, the forum is down for 'maintenance' -- server was having difficulties all last week, so I imagine it's getting a rebuild. Email via hatrack.com is not working right now either.

Update: after a week's hiatus, Hatrack is now back up.

Last edited: