• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
I will edit half of your book for freeeeeeeeeeee.
I simply want to gain more experience and get my name out there. I have more info on my blog. http://GomezKarla.blogspot.com Click under the "editing services" tab.
Tomorrow is my last day of school (for this semester) and I will have about a month of freedom (before I start my internship at a literary agency). During that month, I want to edit my manuscript, but also network. And since I do enjoy editing, I figured I'd try to network by editing novels. We all end up winning. :D

-Karla

I survived

Registered
Reaction score
edit book

Can I send you chapter by chapter? I have chapter 1 ready to go now. It is a YA fictionalized memoir of a young girl who overcomes several types of child abuse to graduate valedictorian of her high School class.

geagar

W/O Adult Supervision
Registered
Reaction score
Website
granteagar.blogspot.com
Free is good :)

Karla, I have been sending out querys of my MG fantasy to agents with limited success. I can use some editing of the first chapter. I am willing to exchange.

Here is the query:

Angelica, age fourteen, was perfectly happy living with her granny, using magic to save handsome knights, rescue river-monsters, and torment Smugget, her governor. Then duty, her mother, and Queen Catherine call and insist she becomes a lady. Not just any lady, but a lady-in-waiting to Princess Hannah.

Just like the blaggards to appoint her, right when everything is going badly. Couldn’t Lord Dimlit have chosen to kidnap Hannah before she got the job? No, it had to be on her watch. Dimlit, true to his name thinks all it takes to be a princess is a tiara; the switch was not that hard. The fool also thinks the King of England will happily hand over a wagon full of gold for the princess, and that will be that.

Angelica now in Dimlit’s dungeon and the princess is on holiday. Oh, to be pampered and precious. Dimlit is wondering why the gold hasn't shown up, and is going to determine if she really is the princess. If she is not, there has been talk of hangings, beheadings or worse yet: being sold to the French. She just hopes her mother is happy for the mess she got Angelica into.

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sooo sorry! I have only been replying to PM's and forms submitted through my blog. :L

EEEK I feel horrible!!! Just horrible for not having looked at this post sooner.

I Survived has contacted me through the form on my blog. So I can relax on that.

Geagar-since I am so ashamed that I have not looked at this thread at all, I will take your work on.

But I actually came here to say (for the rest of you):

I am beyond pleased at the number of people that have contacted me. It makes me feel happy and stuff^^

Unfortunately...I have to close this offer. I thought I wasn't going to start my internship until a couple more weeks, but they want me ASAP. Geagar's will be the last one I will take.

Hopefully I can open this up later on!

Thank you to everyone who has contacted me.

-Karla

Status
Not open for further replies.