The Old Farts Bar, Grill and Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed scanning the posts at this bar, grill, and infirmary. Wonderful and talented folks from interesting walks of life. I’m of the mind I kidded too much too soon, but I’m hoping not the wrong residents here at the home.

For those just beginning to rebuild from Sandy, our small troubles pale to nothing. However, Kay has been working two hard years to sell her house on wooded acres, and today it sold, so we’re both celebrating our thanks for our upturns of fortune: she’s crawled out of a money pit from hell; I’m getting my mate back. Thanksgiving takes on a greater meaning for us this season.

I respect those who don’t consume animal products. I note from reading your past posts how many here survived on grits alone--or at least coated with butter or with cream and sugar. If that’s you, please don’t read farther.

I’ve got all the fixin’s from my rows at the community garden--everything for succotash, spuds and tomatoes I grew (too many of which I traded to a lady for two yams she must’ve spun from pure gold), and a pumpkin big enough for two pies.

Everything except the bird in the hand which is still in the bush. I plan to bag him this week. We don’t need a huge tom, and I spotted three young jakes yesterday. My Oregon state turkey tag will look good on one of them.

I also have respect for those who hunt the aisles of Safeway. I merely choose a different path and will keep those interested up to date on Thanksgiving at our house, 1621 revisited.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed scanning the posts at the bar, grill, and infirmary. Wonderful and talented folks from interesting walks of life. I’m of the mind I kidded too much too soon, but I’m hoping not the wrong residents here at the home.

For those just beginning to rebuild from Sandy, our small troubles pale to nothing. However, Kay has been working two hard years to sell her house on wooded acres, and today it sold, so we’re both celebrating our thanks for our upturns of fortune: she’s crawled out of a money pit from hell; I’m getting my mate back. Thanksgiving takes on a greater meaning for us this season.

I respect those who don’t consume animal products. I note from reading your past posts how many here survived on grits alone--or at least coated with butter or with cream and sugar. If that’s you, please don’t read further.

I’ve got all the fixin’s from my rows at the community garden--everything for succotash, spuds and tomatoes I grew (too many of which I traded to a lady for two yams she must’ve spun from pure gold), and a pumpkin big enough for two pies.

Everything except the bird in the hand which is still in the bush. I plan to bag him this week. We don’t need a huge tom, and I spotted three young jakes yesterday. My Oregon state turkey tag will look good on one of them.

I also have respect for those who hunt the aisles of Safeway. I merely chose a different way and will keep those interested up to date on Thanksgiving at our house, 1621 revisited.
For what it's worth, Chase, you can never kid too soon in this thread. As a matter of fact, you can never do anything too soon in this thread. I mean, it's not like we all have a bunch of time left, you know? Get it done early and often.

Looking forward to reading about your Thanksgiving menu.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, you can never do anything too soon in this thread. I mean, it's not like we all have a bunch of time left, you know?

Ha ha ha, too true.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Chase, you can never kid too soon in this thread. As a matter of fact, you can never do anything too soon in this thread. I mean, it's not like we all have a bunch of time left, you know? Get it done early and often.

Looking forward to reading about your Thanksgiving menu.
What he said, Chase.

Raised on a good-sized farm for this area of the country, I grew up hunting but, at eighteen yo and after the military, just didn't have the drive anymore. Got a small gun collection but only inherited stuff...well, plus a Win 30-30 for evangelicals when they stop by and other rabid varmints.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't look now but Lavern is kinda looking your way.

:gone:
I always thought of Lavern as angelic, not evilangelic.
icon10.gif

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
comparisons of Hurricane Sandy, before and after...

These "overlay" images really bring the devastation home to those of us on the opposite coast. Horrific but needs to be seen.

Thanks, JB.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you know, it's Lavern's birthday.

Yes, that's right. She's gone and had another one.

I won't tell you how old she is, but it rhymes with "mixty."

Happy B-day, Lavern. :partyguy:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Laverne. Mixty, is it? The fun years. Enjoy your mixties in the way to meventy.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't look now but Lavern is kinda looking your way.

Ok, two things:

#1. Joe, do you really think I'm not packing too when I go door-to-door demanding asking people to accept Geezuz?

#2. Yes, it's true - I turned 60 today - And for all of you who say: DANG! You don't look a day over 40, there's homemade pecan pie and ice cream awaiting you.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, two things:

#1. Joe, do you really think I'm not packing too when I go door-to-door demanding asking people to accept Geezuz?

#2. Yes, it's true - I turned 60 today - And for all of you who say: DANG! You don't look a day over 40, there's homemade pecan pie and ice cream awaiting you.
The good news is that you're still a puppy compared to most of us, Lavern.

So what are you going to do special today?

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So what are you going to do special today?
She's going to lock and load and go door-to-door demanding asking people to accept Geezuz?

If she stops here, as with evilangelicals, I always invite them in to sit and discuss the rational and philosophical aspects of their views. (Most walk away, after a half hour, shaking their heads.)
icon10.gif

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's going to lock and load and go door-to-door demanding asking people to accept Geezuz?

Nope, I'm going SHOPPING!!! :snoopy:

... I always invite them in to sit and discuss the rational and philosophical aspects of their views. (Most walk away, after a half hour, shaking their heads.)

They walk away shaking their heads because of the fact that during the "discussion," you strip down to your skivvies and starting singing show tunes. :tongue

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They walk away shaking their heads because of the fact that during the "discussion," you strip down to your skivvies and starting singing show tunes. :tongue
That confirms my suspicions - you have been here. (This is really gonna confuse Gail - she knows I don't wear skivvies.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.