Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nashville was quite nice when I was there *cough cough* years ago. I enjoyed the couple weeks I was there, at least.

Housemate's #2 surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. This is a Good Thing. Glad it's getting moving so quickly. And we're seeing the ships on Monday, so I'm sure I'll sleep through the long part of the surgery. LOL!

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Glad things are moving along for Housemate, Del. I'm a terrible waiter, especially when it comes to medical stuff.

I've only seen a little of Nashville from the times I went to keep my MIL company at doctors' offices. I'm interested to see the more interesting stuff. Seen one waiting room, you've seen them all, you know. But as far as country singers go... If I recognise one, I think I will have to get their autograph. Mr Neuro and I are both totally not into country, so knowing the person I'm looking at is famous for it would be quite an achievement for me. :D

I'm pretty excited. We're picking up the keys tomorrow.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea who any of those people are. :D

The only one I recognize is Brad Paisley--but that's because he had a video once upon a time where Jason Alexander played a guy who lived in his parents' basement (dad played by William Shatner) who lusted after the girl next door (Maureen McCormick) and was the stereotypical SF Fannish loser and it all became a happy ending when he put on his high school band uniform and took his tuba out and wooed his lady love ala "The Music Man".

No idea what the song was. Probably wouldn't recognize it if I heard it again, but the video made me ROFLMAO.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
So far, ok. Tonight my daughter has her first dance with the boy. My wife is taking her to get her hair done.

I moved up on the queue and I'm trying to get the last 20k of my WIP done. I know the major plot points to hit and how it ends. Just figuring out how to get there.

You?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
The only one I recognize is Brad Paisley--but that's because he had a video once upon a time where Jason Alexander played a guy who lived in his parents' basement (dad played by William Shatner) who lusted after the girl next door (Maureen McCormick) and was the stereotypical SF Fannish loser and it all became a happy ending when he put on his high school band uniform and took his tuba out and wooed his lady love ala "The Music Man".

No idea what the song was. Probably wouldn't recognize it if I heard it again, but the video made me ROFLMAO.

You're thinking of Online.

Wasn't the first time William Shatner & Jason Alexander were in one of his videos. Brad did a star studded spoof on reality TV.

Of course, Brad is known for his sense of humor. He loved playing pranks on the artists that tour with him. He even got his wife, then girlfriend to be in "I'm gonna miss her" and sung about the joys and sorrow of Alcohol.

He also teamed with Andy Griffith in a video which was more sweet that funny.

He's a bit twangy for some, but he's an amazing guitar player and great songwriter.

He also did a great duet with my favorite country star, Carrie Underwood.

(BTW, if you listen to the 1st video Online, that's also Carrie coming in with those high notes at the end of the song!)

He also did this with Allison Krauss staring & directed by Rick Schroeder.

& this with Kieth Urban.

And don't get the impression that he can't do a song without someone else.

I love Brad Paisley.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
So far, ok. Tonight my daughter has her first dance with the boy. My wife is taking her to get her hair done.

I moved up on the queue and I'm trying to get the last 20k of my WIP done. I know the major plot points to hit and how it ends. Just figuring out how to get there.

You?

Hope your daughter has fun at the dance! That is always a nerve-wracking thing. :/

Glad you moved up in the queue! That's great news :). And getting so close to the end of another book is fantastic. Congratz! :partyguy:

Me? I am working on a little bit of this/little bit of that.

I'm gathering my questions/answers for the author-introduction-video.

I am working a bit on ShadowBled book#3 [very sporadically]. But I keep getting distracted plotting scenes for book#4. :(

**Iz just in an odd mood today. :( I'm kind of high strung/wound, and yet also just a tad melancholy[Fall always makes me a little down/sad because the year is coming to an end. Always has, since I was a kid].

He even got his wife, then girlfriend to be in "I'm gonna miss her"

I love Brad Paisley.

I love Brad Paisley too.

"Two Feet Of Top Soil", then "All Ya Really Need Is Love", and "I'm Gonna Miss Her"... are my top three favorites of his. :D

He is a great song writer. So tongue-in-cheek! ;)

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The boy"....lol. That's cute Vince.

I dropped my cell phone into the toilet today. SO mad at myself for doing that. It's prepaid and I had just added minutes to it on Friday. It ain't workin' right now. Grrr....

On the up side, it gives me an excuse to look at new phones.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Don't be. You didn't invent Mondays. Just vote for my for Supreme Commander of the Universe so I can abolish them. Along with taxes, bees, Snookie and those little hard thing you sometimes bite into on a hamburger.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing the ships. Very cool. Couldn't find my digital camera, so bought one of those disposables and will have to get the pictures developed the old fashioned way. The ships were cool, and a whole lot smaller than I thought they were.

We also went to the Science Center and had fun with the robots and then the miniature/train village. Then we went researching neighborhoods for the Paar books, ended up at a tavern that Housemate ate lunches when she went to elementary school (and totally worth a drive there just for the food--WONDERFUL) for lunch and then stopped at Monroeville Mall (the location for the original "Night of the Living Dead" movie) so she could do some Xmas shopping.

Now I'm exhausted, but it was a very good day. Already planning to head back at some time and see some places we had to skip over.

Good stuff. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.