• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Content site] Article Insider

Wendy J

Life Is Like A Box Of Choc.
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't. Sorry.

cattywampus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
pygmypress.com
Thanks for the lead. I went and applied. They say they do pay, but they want credentials. There's some kind of training. I'll find out how much they pay before I undertake any training.

I'll keep you posted.

Catty :popcorn:

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Does anyone know if the sample article needs to be on one of the same "categories of interest" that someone is applying for?

Actually, now that I think about it, if someone applies for several categories, the article is most likely just that: a sample.

I wonder what their rights are? I'm curious, and will be applying as well. :) Like catty, I'll be in touch about this!

chelle21

Banned
Reaction score
Website
home.bellsouth.net
I'm having trouble

Dear Fellow Writers:

I'm having trouble with there site I can't get through I follow all the steps but they want let me through. Do I need a referral or something can someone help me please?

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
TemlynWriting said:
Does anyone know if the sample article needs to be on one of the same "categories of interest" that someone is applying for?

I wonder what their rights are?

Julia et al.,

Your sample needs to be just that--a sample. But, you should make sure that it is a solid one, and one in a genre that you consistently write in. For instance, do not send them a humor piece just because you like that one the most. Send them something that you have more than one article/piece/publication for (in said genre). But all that was probally "old hat" to most of you . . . common sense.

And as for thier rights, those can vary. You'll have to look at their contract.

A.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
This looks a lot to me like one of those sites where contributors are paid per click or some such scheme. I'd guess that whatever income you'd realize is negligible.

I checked the articles in the Book Publishing section (most, if not all, by a single author). Let's just say I'm not impressed.

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
"Temporarily" closed registration in '10. Hasn't been updated since.