• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Axelrod Agency (Steve Axelrod)

Anaquana

needed a good laugh today
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Has anybody heard from Steve lately? I queried back in early February and haven't heard back yet. Or is he a no response = no agent?

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Some recent stats on Mr Axelrod:

Equeried 21st Feb 2011
Request for full 1st March 2011

Very excited by this as I thought this one might be a long shot. Now all I can do is wait... :)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
And a rejection on my full was received on 18th March. Oh well. It was a long shot anyway!

Heka

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonloch.net
Does anyone know if Steven Axelrod is currently accepting queries? His AgentQuery page says no, but his website has a link to his email address "for inquiries regarding representation," so it sounds like he may be open to queries after all.

CVargo

Registered
Reaction score
Steve is still active. I currently have a full out with him. And it only took him 20 minutes to respond to my query, so he's pretty fast with them from my experience

Helen Taft

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Steve about four weeks ago and haven't heard back. Has anyone dealt with him recently? Thanks in advance!

PeteDutcher

Twitter: @petedutcherjr
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
He doesn't even list what he accepts. The website is a single page with an email for him and one for his partner.

No listings of clients or anything. I'll pass.

PeteDutcher

Twitter: @petedutcherjr
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I did find this spotlight on him elsewhere, but you have to wonder why he doesn't put the info up on his website. I mean, if you can make the effort to put his name and email, add a paragraph of info too.

http://www.literaryrambles.com/2010/12/agent-spotlight-steven-axelrod.html

What He's Looking For:
Chick Lit, Fantasy (paranormal), Mystery, Romance, Thrillers/Suspense, Women's Fiction, Young Adult.

“In terms of fantasy, he is only interested in paranormal fantasy.”

What He Isn't Looking For:
Picture books, screenplays, high fantasy.

Heathertruett

Wordy Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.madamerubies.com
I did find this spotlight on him elsewhere, but you have to wonder why he doesn't put the info up on his website. I mean, if you can make the effort to put his name and email, add a paragraph of info too.

http://www.literaryrambles.com/2010/12/agent-spotlight-steven-axelrod.html

What He's Looking For:
Chick Lit, Fantasy (paranormal), Mystery, Romance, Thrillers/Suspense, Women's Fiction, Young Adult.

“In terms of fantasy, he is only interested in paranormal fantasy.”

What He Isn't Looking For:
Picture books, screenplays, high fantasy.

Usually, this happens with agents who don't NEED to put up the info. They are already successful and, though willing to look at queries, are not in need of new authors.

Sapphire135

Registered
Reaction score
Usually, this happens with agents who don't NEED to put up the info. They are already successful and, though willing to look at queries, are not in need of new authors.

Exactly. As far as I know, this agent reps Jayne Ann Krentz who also writes under the name Amanda Quick and Jane Castle. She is an incredibly successful romance author.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Quoted from the Literary Rambles link:

Clients:

Catherine Anderson, Barbara Bretton, Suzanne Brockmann, Jayne Castle / Jayne Ann Krentz / Amanda Quick, Alyssa Day, Christine Feehan, Amanda Hocking, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Julia Quinn, S.J. Rozan, J.R. Ward, among many others,

Sales:

As of this posting, Mr. Axelrod is listed on Publisher’s Marketplace as having made 8 deal in the last 12 months, 10 six-figure+ deals, and 19 overall. Recent deals include 7 women’s/romance and 1 paranormal.

Yeah, he's doing well enough. ;)

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Anyone know how to query him? His web page is pretty spartan. There's an e-mail for "inquiries regarding representation," but I don't know if I should just send a standard query letter, opening pages, and synopsis to that e-mail, or if I'm supposed to e-mail him to ask for querying guidelines/availability first.

M.Charles

On Sub
Registered
Reaction score
Website
notastepfordlife.com
Just wondering if anyone has current info?

The complete lack of guidelines has me scratching my head.

Do I send just a query? Query + synopsis (and how long of one?) sample pages?

Anyone know?

CEtchison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cheryletchison.com
I would send a query only. From comments posted at QueryTracker, it looks like rejections come swiftly or not at all. Someone referenced an interview stating that most of his clients come via referral.