The Title Game

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
This thread is inspired in part by the first sentence thread.

Rules: Give a short plot description/summary for a story idea, then wait for the titles to roll in. This isn't so members can get their work named, but more a fun excerise for our creative brains to enjoy.

I'll start us off: Magical beasts and beings were real in Earth distant past, and this is the basis of all our myths about them. When Archeologist Eve Marrina finds the first known skeleton of an Elf, she must protect it from the government, religious nuts, and other scientists. Because it just may be the key to saving the world as she knows it from destruction.

T J Deen

A Necessary Evil
Registered
Reaction score
I'd call it 'Prima Materia' and add in more than just elves and include the formation of the universe and reality...Though that's probably taking it way beyond its intended scope.

Last edited:

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I switch to the a possible premise that someone can title...

An airborne virus has spread across the globe that kills off the adult population, leaving the juvenile population alone in the chaos. In the small town in the mid-west, sixteen-year old Rob Gardiner, a farmer and an older brother, is forced to step up to the plate to give his siblings and loved ones a chance to make it through the epidemic. Yet with the growing issues popping up in the small time can they, along side the human race actually survive.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I switch to the a possible premise that someone can title...

An airborne virus has spread across the globe that kills off the adult population, leaving the juvenile population alone in the chaos. In the small town in the mid-west, sixteen-year old Rob Gardiner, a farmer and an older brother, is forced to step up to the plate to give his siblings and loved ones a chance to make it through the epidemic. Yet with the growing issues popping up in the small time can they, along side the human race actually survive.

Plague Harvest?

The Dead Fields?

The Harrowing?

Elly_Green

Daydreamer or Living Nightmare
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eratosmusings-erotica.blogspot.com

The Rest of Us

God's Children

The Spared Ones

Survival Instincts

Elly_Green

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Magical beasts and beings were real in Earth distant past, and this is the basis of all our myths about them. When Archeologist Eve Marrina finds the first known skeleton of an Elf, she must protect it from the government, religious nuts, and other scientists. Because it just may be the key to saving the world as she knows it from destruction.

Return of the Magical

When Elves Walked the Earth

Some Secrets Aren't so Small

Skeletons of Magic

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I'd call it 'Prima Materia' and add in more than just elves and include the formation of the universe and reality...Though that's probably taking it way beyond its intended scope.

YAY! Someone new who's gonna write just as ridiculously long, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-but-also-the-kitchen-sink stories as I do! *high-fives*

T J Deen

A Necessary Evil
Registered
Reaction score

'My Brother's Keeper' or 'The Mark of Cain' -- was going for something that would both invert and insinuate what it means to be an older brother.

Imriaylde

Registered
Reaction score

A lot of good suggestions already, but what about "The Meek Shall Inherit"? Or "Growing Pains"?

What about this premise: A girl is traded to the devil and has now been trained to be the perfect demon. But on a mission, she encounters a human whose difficulties in life resonate with her own. She screws up the mission, which kicks off a series of events where she has to decide if it's worth putting her own demonly life on the line to save the puny human.

Elly_Green

Registered
Reaction score
Website
A girl is traded to the devil and has now been trained to be the perfect demon. But on a mission, she encounters a human whose difficulties in life resonate with her own. She screws up the mission, which kicks off a series of events where she has to decide if it's worth putting her own demonly life on the line to save the puny human.

Bad Deal for the Devil

Read the Fine Print

Saved by the Human

The Devil in Humanity

T J Deen

A Necessary Evil
Registered
Reaction score
What about this premise: A girl is traded to the devil and has now been trained to be the perfect demon. But on a mission, she encounters a human whose difficulties in life resonate with her own. She screws up the mission, which kicks off a series of events where she has to decide if it's worth putting her own demonly life on the line to save the puny human.

Climb From Grace

The Devil You Don't.

Sympathy Of A Devil

Imriaylde

Registered
Reaction score
Great suggestions!

I like the idea of this thread so I'm going to throw in the premise for my other WIP as well :).

In a futuristic society where food is illegal, a young medical student discovers that the government is controlling the people via the nutritional serum keeping the population alive.

T J Deen

A Necessary Evil
Registered
Reaction score
Great suggestions!

I like the idea of this thread so I'm going to throw in the premise for my other WIP as well :).

In a futuristic society where food is illegal, a young medical student discovers that the government is controlling the people via the nutritional serum keeping the population alive.

Welcome to Kurt Vonnegut Land!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Great suggestions!

The Food Police