*hurries back in from run to Post Office*

Did I miss anything? :D

(that was small bills, right brad?)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
*hurries back in from run to Post Office*

Did I miss anything? :D

(that was small bills, right brad?)

... and non-consecutive serial numbers... must I always spell it out? I know for pretty sure you're not new to this kind of thing - you know the code.

Oh, and Ambrosia is still showing off by counting stuff - after I run out of fingers and toes I'm lost... like... totally. :)

ETA - and here the doctors said my extra digits might be a hindrance in life (gloves and shoes and such, ya know...) pffftttt...

Last edited:

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Brad, I will count if I want to. :wag:

133 :D

Yeah, show off all that book learnin' ya got - either that or you have more fingers and toes than I.

signed,

The Polydactyl One ;)

By the way, congrats on all the votes, it kinda makes me wonder what the record is - that is if there are folks who keep track of that kind of thing.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, congrats on all the votes, it kinda makes me wonder what the record is - that is if there are folks who keep track of that kind of thing.
I'm thinking this vote count is around double the max that I'd seen from previous contests.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have received a lot of nice comments from people voting and I am in the process of asking these folks to either come to the thread and share, or give me permission to quote them. I have just received permission from Dreity to share her comment with everyone here.

Dreity said:
It was my pleasure, and your enthusiasm is infectious. :) I was unaware of the contest and appreciated the heads up. Now I am looking forward to seeing the results!

I am glad that so many people are having this awakening. It is great to get these votes and nice comments. Great job, poets! :)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
From various other threads around the great wide world of AW:

Thanks for the heads up. Got some great stuff over there.

There is some really good work there, and I encourage people to read & vote. I'm hard to please. In poetry I like something clean, something far from overwrought and which has a deft a-ha touch to it. I found 3 easily.

What struck me was how diverse they were - and how much I enjoyed them. The rhythm and flow, the emotion, and the mental images generated, was a mystical combination of music and painting in written form.

I'm officially a poetry fan.

I voted for the first time in one of AW's contest, and I'm glad I did. Great entries.

Voted. It was hard to choose just three and to weigh one against another when they were all so well done and each so unique.

I voted and it was fun. Since they are poems, it's a very short time commitment.

You don't have to be an expert, just vote for what you like. That's what I did. It's a shame I could only vote for three poems though. They were all good.

The doll ain't wrong.
Some excellent entries and a worthwhile and rewarding time to be had giving the poets a vote. :)

Last edited:

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is mega. :)

Great turnout for entrants and supercalifragilistic turnout of voters. Brilliant job to all involved. Now, is it just me that wants to see the votes go stratospheric? Just over a day left to read and choose your fave.

What're you waiting for. :)

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great job, Patty. Your enthusiasm is infectious. Hopefully it will result in even more entries next time, spawning more even votes, resulting in more entries after that, spawning …

Luckily Kelly only uses her powers for good. :eek:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Powers? I haz powers now?

*twitches nose*

Nope, same old me...

But I do have a fun new quote in my siggy!
And that makes it all worth it!

Thanks Harry! ;)

Blarg

Banned
Reaction score
I have received a lot of nice comments from people voting and I am in the process of asking these folks to either come to the thread and share, or give me permission to quote them. I have just received permission from Dreity to share her comment with everyone here.

Dreity said:

I am glad that so many people are having this awakening. It is great to get these votes and nice comments. Great job, poets! :)

And great job at handling it all, Ambrosia! And how great is it that Kelly is helping to spread the word too.

I hope that some of the spirit of fun involved leads people to dip their own toes in the water of poetry. Lately it seems we've had a surge of new names in the poetry forum. Woo hoo!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
*voting for Blarg as "Most popular AW Poet Laureate" has no deadline*

;)

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Just submitted my vote, and I wanted to say what I said in my PM to Ambrosia-the entries were all awesome, and it was very difficult to narrow my choices to three!

Best of luck to all the entrants!! :)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Blarg. :)

Glad you came by and posted, Hester. :)

Oh, Kelly? Are you curious about the count this morning?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
*rips up Office Pool entry* ;)

That's far above my expectations!

What a credit to so many of the writer's of AW
and their dedication to a sense of community!

Fantastic!