Is this what virtual writer's heaven looks like?

lloicles

Registered
Reaction score
Although, as a new member, I'd say it feels more like purgatory at the moment, floating aimlessly and searching for those pearly gates.

Any St. Peter's around to point me in the right direction? LOL . I know, I know, I gotta read that newbie guide all the way through and maybe check out the FAQ's.

However, a few questions for the veterans here...

What are some of your favorite threads?

What are some of your favorite groups?

Anyone into writing YA fiction? Urban fantasy perhaps? Can we be friends? :)

Thanks, and look forward to exploring Virtual Writer Heaven with ya.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Victor Clairmont

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! QUERY LETTER HELL is my favorite thread. The information there is absolutely glorious for query letters to agents.

Hope you find what you need!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Although, as a new member, I'd say it feels more like purgatory at the moment, floating aimlessly and searching for those pearly gates.

Any St. Peter's around to point me in the right direction? LOL . I know, I know, I gotta read that newbie guide all the way through and maybe check out the FAQ's.

Writer Heaven? Short answer: yes. Long answer: Still yes. :D Welcome!

If you're into fantasy and sci-fi, drop by the SFF Cantina. Its name changes every so often. Right now it's "The Magic Quill and Gin Tavern," but just look for the sticky thread with a random name in the Science Fiction/Fantasy Writing Genre forum. :) If SFF isn't your thing, most of the other genres and many other areas have chat threads that are a great way to get to know people similar to you.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Oh, it is heaven. Welcome!

TAMaxwell is right. The Tavern/Cantina is one of my favorites. I also spend a lot of time in the Horror Hounds thread in the Horror subforum. Those are my two favorites. Explore though, you'll find your favorites.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I do write YA urban fantasy sometimes, though my projects lately have been adult epic fantasy.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Favorite thread. I love reading the-last-song-you've-listened-to thread in the Office Party board and I love this board because I love interacting with new people. MG fiction is my game, but my series goes until adulthood. If you still want to be friends with me after all that, sure:)

footinmouth

Everybody wants to be a princess
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annalangford.blogspot.com
From one newbie to another, it's easy to get lost in the weeds around here. I like the Query Writing Hell and the SFF threads. It's a good place to connect with other writers and to get feedback. Best of luck!

mandibles1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for all the welcomes and the advice! I just have to be sure I don't get caught up on here when I should be writing! ;)

Welcome! I'm new too and I can agree completely with you on this sentiment. In fact, sadly I got no writing done yesterday because I was on here checking things out so much... well, that and cleaning house too... lol

AlexHale

Registered
Reaction score

Hello! I'm also fairly new around here, and my passion is YA Fantasy :) I love talking about any and all YA series if you ever want to chat!

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I've been a member for four years and a lurker for five, and I love it here. I've learned more about writing and publishing in the last five years, from AW, than I did in the previous two decades.

I tend to hang out in the Science Fiction and Erotica forums, but wander around other places, too.

Welcome aboard!