Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
THE SKY IS FALLING!

And it's just starting to accumulate. Fallen sky is white and icy and Do Not Like. The wild birds are stocking up.

Soon I am off to the doctors to have my back checked. Hopefully the falling sky won't be a problem on the way back.

Good morning. Slept better other than waking up in tears because of some hip pain. Twas weird, but not so hurty this morning. Just achey when I walk. Weird business.

Owie. Take care of yourself, ya? :Hug2:

*rushes in, takes a seat at the bar, grabs magic glass full of straight vodka and gulps it down*

I'M BACK! *hugs the bar and any random person sitting next to her*

I missed y'all sooo bad.

I don't know what I did in a past life to deserve the hell I just went through, but it must have been bad.

*collapses in a pile of smibbles* It feels so good to be home.

:D

Welcome back!

I spy a Kricket!

Afternoon all.

Big Dog is still ill. He has more spunk and pep, and wants food super bad, but he's still having vomiting issues. He has held down water this morning so we're close to having him try some spoonfuls of lean beef/rice.

I'm hoping he pulls through. Vet gave him anti-vomiting meds. If we can get him to hold down his food, I think he has a good chance.

Is he staying hydrated ok?

*preheats oven*

*bastes tj with butter and salt and pepper*

Anyone have biscuits we can serve with this??

TJ is not turkey! Do not roast!

Especially now that you've doused her in pepper x.x At least let her shower first and start over.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Is he staying hydrated ok?

We took him to the ER last night and the vet on call said he was fine. They gave him some subcutaneous fluids anyway. And some anti-vomiting drugs. We're testing out food as I type. *fingers crossed*

A good part of his personality is back and he's not as draggy, though he's still not himself. So many positive signs. We just need him to keep down his food and water and take his pills.

The x-ray they took? Not so great. But keeping food/water down is my big concern right now.

Maybe he'll be happy having some scraps of TJ.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TJ, you're not obese. you're self basting!

I'm self basting too, though I'm just in my normal bmi! Woot!

We took him to the ER last night and the vet on call said he was fine. They gave him some subcutaneous fluids anyway. And some anti-vomiting drugs. We're testing out food as I type. *fingers crossed*

A good part of his personality is back and he's not as draggy, though he's still not himself. So many positive signs. We just need him to keep down his food and water and take his pills.

The x-ray they took? Not so great. But keeping food/water down is my big concern right now.

Maybe he'll be happy having some scraps of TJ.

Good luck! Though I advise againt soylent green.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, folks, I thought we established that going onto Goodreads is a BAD thing? As in, "I spend all my time reading and the 'to-be-read' list isn't getting any shorter" kind of bad thing?

So why do you people keep GOING THERE? Huh? I keep getting notices in my email about books YOU PEOPLE are reading, and I just have to go investigate, and then my reading list gets a little longer....

Bunch of enablers! Darn you all!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Okay, folks, I thought we established that going onto Goodreads is a BAD thing? As in, "I spend all my time reading and the 'to-be-read' list isn't getting any shorter" kind of bad thing?

So why do you people keep GOING THERE? Huh? I keep getting notices in my email about books YOU PEOPLE are reading, and I just have to go investigate, and then my reading list gets a little longer....

Bunch of enablers! Darn you all!

:)

guilty as charged... I only wish there was a way to make note of unpubb'd stuff you've also read. Not with names or anything... but sort of place holders, or "empties" - like: Unpubb'd urban fantasy. I don't know. What the hell am I talking about? I beta'd like 6 novels this year. I had no idea it was such a large list. I'm doing one now (big wink at a certain someone - it's quite good so far!) and I got another one to do next week. That's 8 novel length pieces of fiction I have too also read. I think they should count.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Psst, June, our SFF book study is full of win.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Psst, June, our SFF book study is full of win.

NO NO NO!!!!!! *holds up cross* Back you fiend!

I'm already reading two books a day, and the list is only getting longer. ALL I NEED is MORE encouragement!

You people and your reading recommendations are Teh Evuls!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I, obviously, am a very bad reader for not belonging to Goodreads. What does it do exactly?

www.goodreads.com It's a book review/recommendation site. You sign on, friend other people, and then start inputting books you've read. You tell that you've read it, rate it, maybe give a review if you want. Your friends all do the same thing.

Periodically, Goodreads sends you an email, telling you what your friends have said about the books they've read, and your friends receive emails about the reviews you've made.

The idea is supposedly to give you recommendations of books you might enjoy reading. What it is in truth? A whole new level of timesuck. Goodreads is a nefarious plot by Chtulhu cultists to eat up all your time reading books and spending money at Amazon.com. Because Amazon is a money-suck the way Goodreads is a timesuck.

and btw: my i.d. on Goodreads is the same as it is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.