Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Laptop seems to be dead. I suspect the fan stopped working and got somewhat overheated. It worries me the fact I may have lost half of my WIP.

But I'm not worried, you know why? Because it means I get a motivation to rewrite!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Laptop seems to be dead. I suspect the fan stopped working and got somewhat overheated. It worries me the fact I may have lost half of my WIP.

But I'm not worried, you know why? Because it means I get a motivation to rewrite!

Plus, it means you can get a new laptop too!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
How were they obnoxious? And how did you get rid of them? I'm asking purely for research purposes. For my writing, of course (not because I have nasty neighbors I'd like to be shed of).

Answering the second question first - their tenancy ran out on the rental, and I think they've got work elsewhere, plus of the four of them that were living there, in the end only one of them was working so I suspect they have moved to a lower price bracket. There were two adults, roughly in their forties and they are grandparents, and two youngsters in their late teens / early twenties.

Obnoxiousnous? (Bad spelling, sorry).

Loud music - up to 18 hours a day at one point - resonating through the house, when I complained they took it outside, which I decided was more democratic as it annoyed everyone else as well, anglo-saxon language use.

Now you might imagine it was the teenagers. Ah, no, it was the parents. The kids were really nice, uber polite and very friendly. So I'm getting the Who and Smokey Robinson and Motown's greatest hits and rock music that I absolutely love and grew up with, at all hours and at tremendous volume. I am all for resonating bass and Nicky Hopkins piano playing on those Who records, but quite frankly, it was awful. It got even worse when they got karaoke, because none of them could sing anywhere near a note on the human scale. When they took it outside we all got Moron FM, the local 60's radio pap station from hell.

The lady of the house (I use the term in it's loosest sense) seemed to spend a large part of her time drinking, watching soccer and swearing, somewhere along the lines of "what the bleeping hell do you think you're bleeping doing with that bleeping thing." I hope you get the gist, I don't like to swear, there are too many other useful words in the lexicon.

They never introduced themselves when they moved in and made no effort to get to know us at all. Once we figured out what they were like, we made zero effort likewise. We don't smoke but we would find discarded cigarette butts and packets on our front garden, that could have only come from someone throwing then over the hedge as they walked down the front path to their door.

A sheer total lack of consideration and gratitude for one's environment and the people and things in it. I have never seen such uncivil people and I grew up in a fairly awful place. The thing that scares me the most about them is that, I could have become that. This is a possible career path that I never took.

Does that help?

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
All day meeting in 3...2...1....

crap.
Remember the protocol. Your mission is to subtly start a fight. Aaaand... Go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONABuJxsoo4

Oh wait... maybe that's not the best plan...

I approve this message.

Oh my GAWD guys I spent ALL DAY either in meetings or sorting out this Quidditch press release. Hey you guys wanna read my Quidditch press release right? Course you do:

My press release and my article for our news blog.

There. Now you can't say I never share any of my work!

Right, it's home time. Catch you guys later!

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
For Science!

Nathan1.jpg
Oh, look! It's "Jake Steele" from the KAT AND MOUSE stories.

hehehe

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Ali, that does sound bad. Glad they're getting out of your space so they can bother someone else.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Doing well. Have had a few setbacks in college (I flunked an important subject) and organzing everything for my surgery but in general lines doing well.

Oh. You're right. That's not Kat.

Here's Kat.
Milla-Jovovich-Resident-Evil_300.jpg

By any chance do you have Kat's phone number? :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Does that help?

And...since I've been thinking this through. I don't believe that woman ever stopped complaining, about everything. She was a mega sun tanner - I don't think she believed in skin cancer - and she once spent several hours out in her back garden drinking, listening to Moron FM and moaning about the height of our fence. "I would get a much better tan if it was lower."

And now they're gone.

I am so grateful to the universe - thank you universe. :yessmiley

Anyone for a drink? I did promise. :e2drunk:

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy:

Here you go.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I've brought these too, we need to keep healthy after all.

That's awesome, Ali! I'm so glad you're finally going to be free of them.

I have some Canarian honey rum to add to the liquor cabinet, if anyone's interested. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wanna play Muggle Quidditch!

Status
Not open for further replies.