Not open for further replies.

Nadja V.

late bloomer
Registered
Reaction score
Drink what you want to drink.
Eat what you want to eat.
Use bricks for walls.

choosing to do or not do a thing is just one more choice.
i choose to enjoy this day
i choose to enjoy my friends and family
i choose to live today.
i choose not to hit myself with a brick :)

have a great day and remember someone loves you.
:)

Ah, but for a little fasting now, how much more I'll appreciate my feasting later!

i choose not to stuff happiness...:)

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Well happiness for me today is getting rid of the over-ripe bananas. My husband is going to be happy with the banana bread! I tried it with agave syrup (trying to eek away from one of my loves... aka cane sugar.)

It's raining here, but I don't mind. We pulled our half our lawn (by hand!!) and have new grass seed out.

Tomorrow I might mind... lol

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
Yummy banana bread! Eat a slice for me, please! ;)

Nadja - Mwah ha ha, I shall have another person to suffer with me! ;) Don't worry, we'll just chillax over here with our virtual cocktails and baileys and daydream of the day when we get real alcohol again.

Nadja V.

late bloomer
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'll head down to Level 55 and see if Rock is still in the hot tub...maybe dump in a few dozen tablets of blue Easter egg dye...

:evil

It's so much harder to amuse myself without the booze...

Victor Clairmont

Registered
Reaction score
Well happiness for me today is getting rid of the over-ripe bananas. My husband is going to be happy with the banana bread! I tried it with agave syrup (trying to eek away from one of my loves... aka cane sugar.)

It's raining here, but I don't mind. We pulled our half our lawn (by hand!!) and have new grass seed out.

Tomorrow I might mind... lol

Mmmm home cook food......need to stop being lazy and eating instant ramen noodles....

Must cook...real food....probably dying...of malnutrition...an..d..I don't...kno...w...it....*gurggles*

Nadja V.

late bloomer
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm home cook food......need to stop being lazy and eating instant ramen noodles....

Must cook...real food....probably dying...of malnutrition...an..d..I don't...kno...w...it....*gurggles*

You're not lazy until you eat the Ramen straight out of the package...

Nadja V.

late bloomer
Registered
Reaction score
GAH! We are discussing methods for eating Ramen without cooking! This is NOT going to make much of an impression on the newbies!

Is anyone getting any writing done? I've written about 1500 words this week. In the meantime, I've also tweaked a bunch of older chapters and quite possibly clipped more than 1500 words from them.

I am unwriting my novel.

*sigh*

Stares at bottles behind bar.

*sigh*

When Lent is over, I'm donning the catsuit I got for fighting the Men's Restroom Beastie, looking up Corky and drinking enough whiskey to throw a flame that will make Jed flinch...

Victor Clairmont

Registered
Reaction score
GAH! We are discussing methods for eating Ramen without cooking! This is NOT going to make much of an impression on the newbies!

Is anyone getting any writing done? I've written about 1500 words this week. In the meantime, I've also tweaked a bunch of older chapters and quite possibly clipped more than 1500 words from them.

I am unwriting my novel.

*sigh*

Stares at bottles behind bar.

*sigh*

When Lent is over, I'm donning the catsuit I got for fighting the Men's Restroom Beastie, looking up Corky and drinking enough whiskey to throw a flame that will make Jed flinch...

FIRST! Let me say, without a doubt, Earl Gray with Ramen noodles taste horrible. Worst idea I've ever tried. Please do not follow in my footsteps.

SECOND: Yeah writing stuff. I've been banging my head over rewriting my query letter for my completed novel. I've actually gotten a partial request with one of my older query letters and I am waiting for the feedback on that, but I wasn't satisfied after throwing my original query (Which was dry) and another query up (with a voice but was convoluted) on Share Your Work, where I got to realize more how bland my queries were.

I am however, thinking about taking a step even further back (I had the novel completed and tested it around before ever joining AW) and maybe going into the beta forums for some readers, because I am contemplating a revision of the story. Not a overhaul but a change. Of course I won't ask until I get this revision down.

So yeah....Ramen sucks with earl grey. You didn't think I would do it did you Crayonz?! :)

Last edited:

Physsica

Planning a return trip to earth.
Registered
Reaction score
FIRST! Let me say, without a doubt, Earl Gray with Ramen noodles taste horrible. Worst idea I've ever tried. Please do not follow in my footsteps.
I was looking for a Loki meme that just said, "You must be truly desperate," but couldn't find one :( So you'll just have to imagine

th

Last edited:

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
Tea noodles....I should try it with chamomile, earl grey, and mint.

Will report my findings later tonight.
:popcorn:

When Lent is over... and drinking enough whiskey to throw a flame that will make Jed flinch...
A) We're writers who haven't the time to cook, thus we discuss ramen noodles with the only other people who would understand our woes (a.k.a. fellow writers or college students...) Perfectly acceptable. *nods*

B) Re: fire breathing. *stays tuned* :popcorn:

So yeah....Ramen sucks with earl grey. You didn't think I would do it did you Crayonz?! :)
No, I did not. xD However, now I think I'm in love.

*slides over a nutritious delish bacon cheeseburger to Victor*

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
i am around dear one but, i usually am super busy and as a result have to now develop a automated answer for when people post to me here :O

i have started working on a new review for an anime series that is now finished. much like the last one i am taking my time to collect the images and the flavor of the story to post in my review.

then when i finish that one i have 5 more that are in production atm that i am starting to watch and collect info on for reveiws.

i so love waiting week by week for a 26 min cartoon.
have a great day all and enjoy the day

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya all. It's been a while since I posted here. I hope all had a great holiday and not overly stuffed with them cadbury creme eggs. I started a new job in February and have been a bit busy but hoping things calm down and I can get back to my writing and looking for an agent.

Take care all
Just Jill

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the job, Jill!

How are you doing Victor? Writing anything good?

Yesterday I took a sprint challenge and wrote 1000 words on a thought, that actually will work in my WIP! Pretty happy about that.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
so i watched a 45 min movie last night that was actually very good.
the title is "Garden of Words" by Makoto Shinkai yes it is animated.

Also i am looking for the full poem that was quoted in part in the show.
the english translation is
A faint sound of thunder​
Cloudy skies​
Perhaps it will rain​
Will you not stay?

Even if rain comes not​
I will stay here​
If you, too, stay.​

the images are spectacular and the story while at times a little slow is very touching. i am going to write a review on this prob tonight.

chat later if time permits.

imgres

Victor Clairmont

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the job, Jill!

How are you doing Victor? Writing anything good?

Yesterday I took a sprint challenge and wrote 1000 words on a thought, that actually will work in my WIP! Pretty happy about that.

Very cool! Atm I am preparing for a concert while working so my writing time wil be cut down for the next two weeks!

Gwoof

This is my No Fear Year. Bring it!
Registered
Reaction score
Ik on the eggs. I'm just gonna lurk over here and sip my bacon vodka.

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
so i watched a 45 min movie last night that was actually very good.
the title is "Garden of Words" by Makoto Shinkai yes it is animated.

Also i am looking for the full poem that was quoted in part in the show.
the english translation is
Cloudy skies​
Perhaps it will rain​
Will you not stay?

Even if rain comes not​
I will stay here​
If you, too, stay.​

the images are spectacular and the story while at times a little slow is very touching. i am going to write a review on this prob tonight.

chat later if time permits.

imgres

Garden of Words is on my list of anime movies to watch. Looks like a good one! Have you seen Children Who Chase Lost Voices? I think that's what its called. That was another good one. I love anime. I have a library of over 200 titles on DVD, both movies and series :)

*And too bad there's no caramel Cadbury eggs in here. I like the caramel ones :)

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
But, I also love Dove milk chocolates... more than Cadbury eggs. Sorry. Just being honest, hehe :)

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Garden of Words is on my list of anime movies to watch. Looks like a good one! Have you seen Children Who Chase Lost Voices? I think that's what its called. That was another good one. I love anime. I have a library of over 200 titles on DVD, both movies and series :)

*And too bad there's no caramel Cadbury eggs in here. I like the caramel ones :)

i have not yet but i have added it to my list.
Makoto Shinkai is a tallented artist for this type of show.

To get of Makoto's and watch
5 centimeters per second
Children who chase lost voices
The Place promised in our early days
Voices of a Distant Star
Cats Gathering

to date i have watched 135 series, a stack o movies and have 7 on my watching currently list.
(new series watching to reveiw).
and 4 on my coming out this year list.
reviews this month
Garden of Words
Golden Time
Beyond the Boundary

watching currently (as released)
Diamond No Ace
Black Bullet
Kanojo Ga Flag Wo Oraretara
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Blade and Soul
Hitsugi no Chaika

but its just stuff i do when i am not writing on my projects or writing anime reviews.
life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.