Hello, fellow writerly people!

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, everybody! I'm new here. My name is Faye, I'm from Canada, I've been writing stories since I learned the alphabet (wow, 30 years ago!), and my current writing project is taking over my soul.

I'm only in the outlining/plotting phase at this point, but it's already shaping up to be a huge and overwhelming undertaking, and no one in my offline life seems to understand just how all-consuming the writing process can be. It's nice to be amongst my fellow write-minded folk!

Last edited:

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Hi, everybody! I'm new here. My name is Faye, I'm from Canada, I've been writing stories since I learned the alphabet (wow, 30 years ago!), and my current writing project is taking over my soul.

I'm only in the outlining/plotting phase at this point, but it's already shaping up to be a huge and overwhelming undertaking, and no one in my offline life seems to understand just how all-consuming the writing process can be. It's nice to be amongst my fellow write-minded folk!

Welcome, Faye! Nice to you see you around.

This place is an amazing resource and filled with helpful people. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

lloicles

Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend understands when I say "flow mode". That means that I'm in the zone and my fingers can barely keep up with what is flowing from my mind. Best feeling in the world!

I'm a newbie here too. Best of luck with your book!

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend understands when I say "flow mode". That means that I'm in the zone and my fingers can barely keep up with what is flowing from my mind. Best feeling in the world!

I'm a newbie here too. Best of luck with your book!

That's a good way to put it! I just tell people I'm in the "zone," but since I could pretty much be there 24/7 they don't always respect it. ;)

Thanks, same to you!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. The writing process can be all-consuming, but it's always worth it in the end.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
A career in writing is very hard. Many non-writers do not understand all the work that it requires. Some new writers quit because they don't understand how hard it is either. Never heard "flow mode" before; it's catchy though. I call it a writer's high. When I'm writing and I can't stop and I've smashed my goal of 2,000 words per day and it's only 10pm but I know I have to wake up early but I can't stop and next thing I know it's, it's, it's 3am in the morning and I know I have to get to bed but I can't and I...you get the point. A run on sentence. That's sort of how it feels.

Joanna Alonzo

Registered
Reaction score
...my current writing project is taking over my soul.

This. All this! I can so relate.

My friends are beginning to understand that when my eyes are glued to the monitor and my fingers are tango-ing all over the keyboard, that's a sign that I'm not to be interrupted. Still, some don't get it. At least my best friend doesn't get offended when she starts talking about some random thing and I tell her to shut up because she's ruining my scene. ^_^

I've had people tell me that I have the easiest job ever and on the outside, I just smile, but on the inside... :Soapbox:

But anyway, here's a welcome from a fellow newbie: :welcome:

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hi Faye. Yeah you're right, most folks don't realize how much focus writing takes. That's the art, giving something a flow to the reader. They don't know probably every sentence was written and rewritten repeatedly.

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Faye. Yeah you're right, most folks don't realize how much focus writing takes. That's the art, giving something a flow to the reader. They don't know probably every sentence was written and rewritten repeatedly.

So true!