Greetings! Shy newbie says hello

Moont

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!:):hi:

Been surfing this awesome site for some days before I gathered the nerve to register and post.

I hope I'll get loads of practical advice about good writing, from what I've seen so far. You are fantastic!

Pity I won't be able to post often cos I'm due for surgery soon and in hospital I won't have access to internet...

best wishes to you all.

leocrow

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! Good luck with that. I've been through the hospital thing not long ago; good thing is it leaves you some time to think your story out! Not many other things to do after all...

Nancyleeny

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
Hope whatever you are going to the hospital for works out OK. Are you British?? I noticed there was not "the" before "hospital"!!
Nancy

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and good luck with the surgery.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I might have to have surgery soon too. I hope yours isn't serious!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Moont

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your warm welcome!

Thanks, everybody!

Regdog, am on it right now, and thanks a lot for your advice.

Shaba, it’s not real serious, I hope. It’s only that a year ago I had a sort of (benign) tumour removed but I was in such a bad shape that it didn’t heal well enough, and after several months of useless alternate treatments I’ve been scheduled to have another tiny portion of my guts removed so as to solve a recurrent, annoying stenosis problem. Anyway, I’ve been feeling somewhat sick most of the time in this last year, thankfully on sick leave, too, and I’m a bit fed up with it. I hope your surgery (if you must have it, been trying to elude mine until there was no other alternative) is nothing serious either, and send you my best wishes for your prompt recovery in any case.

rwm4768, thanks for your good wishes and warm welcome.

Nancyleeny, no, I am not British. English is my third language, in actual fact. I’m Catalan, from Barcelona. My second language is Spanish (I’m bilingual here, or maybe trilingual cos I think my English is pretty good, despite occasional mistakes), and since I am a linguist/philologist/translator by university studies and a career foreign language teacher as well, I also speak some French and German, and have a very basic - scant - (and mostly forgotten) knowledge of Italian, Russian and begginner Moroccan (thanks to my Moroccan teen, secondary school students mostly). I do love foreign languages!

Filigree, Jeffo, thanks a lot for your kind greetings.

Leocrow,
hope your stay in hospital was brief and you made a full recovery, wish you luck with a good story AND more, once healed and in good shape. True, hospital life is a bore (already been there several times) though sometimes even there funny things may happen (got a couple stories on real anecdotes – unusual events happening to me here...)

Been writing a lot, too, during my enforced holidays, for my own pleasure only, shaping up old writings of mine into an ambitious trilogy packed with violent action, angst, SF/fantasy and a touch of romance...

I hope I will learn a lot about good writing from you all, especially those of you who have made it into professional writing, like I said. Though, to tell you the truth, I’ve never dared leap into it... probably too scared of possible rejection and criticism.:scared:

Best wishes to you all,
Moont.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Well I hope you get better. My ailment is herniated disc in a pretty rare area. I've had it for two-plus years now, but it's out of control as of late.