Hello Everyone

Colonist17

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello,

My name is Daniel Millhouse. I'm new to here. I've been a screenwriter for a while, but like many screenwriters, you rarely see your work ever make it to the screen. I always wanted to write something in book form, so I chose to do so recently. I released a novella called "Old Man's Lake" and a short story series called "And Death Followed" both on Amazon/Kindle/Createspace and on Smashwords.

I'm hoping to interact with other writers and see what experiences others have gone through. I would like to help as much as I can, but being a newbie, I don't know how much I can, but I'll try my best.

In my screenplays, I wrote comedy, rom/com, and supernatural stories. I probably would like to stick to the same categories in book form, although I might try my hand in some form of drama. I read a lot of thrillers, but don't think I can ever write one in book form. I also wrote a graphic novel about 250 pages, more in the style of Frank Miller's Sin City, but I don't have an artist that I know that draws in the black and white medium.

I think my biggest bump in the road to releasing my first two works was cover design. I personally did both of mine, using free programs (fotor), but now it crashes every time I try to click onto the text option. I guess I'll have to look for a cheap program (can't afford photoshop).

Sorry for the babbling, but I do just want to say hi to everyone and look forward to helping/learning from everyone here.

Daniel Millhouse

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Hi Daniel, welcome to The Water Cooler. When I published genre magazines and a hobby magazine, we had lots of great b&w artist illustrating for us. If you don't find an illustrator send me a private email and I will give you some names and addresses to check with. And be sure to visit my Blog (G).

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Sorry to hear about the program being a pain. I'd be intimidated trying to make my own cover to begin with.