• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for horror/mystery collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackdeNileth

Eternal Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jack-de-nileth.com
Hello, I'm seeking a few beta-readers for a 30k collection of horror-stories, although some of them could also be seen as mystery-stories.

A few people have already looked at them and I've made multiple revisions, but I could still use feedback for the stories and would like to know if some of them could be made scarier.

Here's a short overview:

Carcerus (7k): The story of a man who is trapped in a house without exits. Even the windows prove to be unbreakable.
Hollow (4,5k): A man awakens from a coma and has the feeling that something is missing in his life.
Born In The Shadows (510): A man is chased by shadow-people.
What Lurks Beyond (5,5k): A group of kids decide to play hide-and-seek in an abandoned mansion.
Shadow of Jhola (5,2k): A man survives a grueling war, only to have his life fall apart while a strange creature appears in the woods.
Despicable Friend Zone (1,1k): A girl is chatting with an internet friend during a stormy night.
Haunted (2k): A somewhat true story about paranormal experiences in my house.
Obidiem (1,6k): It should have been a day like any other, but all life seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Only one ordinary man remains.
The Ritual Of Undoing (2,5k): Inspired by creepypasta-rituals, so not exactly a story.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jack, if you hop down to the horror subsection of Share Your Work, you can post your stories there for critique once you've got 50 posts under your belt (and you can do that easily by critiquing other stories in that subforum!). For short works in the 1000-word range, that's probably the quickest and easiest way to get lots of feedback on your stories.

I like horror shorts :) Please PM me if you do post the creepy pasta story for critique, as you've got me intrigued!

JackdeNileth

Eternal Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jack-de-nileth.com
you can post your stories there for critique once you've got 50 posts under your belt (and you can do that easily by critiquing other stories in that subforum!). For short works in the 1000-word range, that's probably the quickest and easiest way to get lots of feedback on your stories.
Might take a while, since I'm always busy with something :D But I'm certainly going to take a look around in the next few days.

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
Jack, if your still looking for some fresh eyes, send 'em my way. I'm in the process if getting a few horror/thriller shorts together myself so this is right up my alley. PM for my email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.