Registered
Reaction score
Only had a few hours of sleep i don't wanna rise and shine... :(

Morning everyone!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all! It's cloudy and rainy here today. We've had enough rain in the past 24 hours to warrant flood conditions. (2-4 inches in some places)

How's everything going?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can rise, but shine is not in my repetoire.

Which I may have spelled wrong. Stupid work computer with it's stupid IE.

:Sun: <-- all the shine

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Its dark cloudy and misty here, but still really warm, suppose to go up to 75! My brain cant handle how warm it is outside in only March!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awwww hope the kidlet gets better soon!

Three hours of sleep because i was too busy writing to remember to sleep. I'm dead too right now.... the 2 java monsters are the only thing keeping me out of comatose.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Hope your kidlet is feeling better soon, Soap.

Day 3 of Spring Break.

Day 3 of flash flood warnings and rain. The creek down the hill is out of it's bed and up to the bottom of the bridge.

I'm up. I'm not so much into the shine though.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
As the father of seven, I feel your pain.

Wow 7! I had to babysit 4 little kids for 8 hours once and was going to rip my hair out in an hour. You must have the patience of a saint!

Sorry for the flooding Laurie.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Well over 5 inches of rain in the Broken Arrow area thus far and it's still raining today. As the Skwirrel said, flash flood warnings everywhere, creeks over their banks, roads flooded out or flooding, etc., etc, though the flood stages have been lowered significantly (for example, if the flood stage was expected to be 16 ft it's now expected to be 11 ft).

Surprisingly, Haikey Creek near my apartment has actually receded from its high water mark the other night.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow 7! I had to babysit 4 little kids for 8 hours once and was going to rip my hair out in an hour. You must have the patience of a saint!

Sorry for the flooding Laurie.

LAURIE: Mrs. Bluntforcetrauma's daughter has some flooding in Texas, so Laurie, we're praying for you.

ALLY: I'm a bigger kid than all of them.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAAHAH! That's awesome!

My mom always jokes that if i marry my boyfriend that's I'll always have at least one kid. hehehehehe.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...and kidlet no. 2 didn't even get past lunch at school before I had to pick him up.

Thanks guys. If it spreads to me I promise not to cough all over the thread. :D

And, Blunt? SEVEN! Good lord. :eek:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Day 3 of flash flood warnings and rain. The creek down the hill is out of it's bed and up to the bottom of the bridge.

Well over 5 inches of rain in the Broken Arrow area thus far and it's still raining today. As the Skwirrel said, flash flood warnings everywhere, creeks over their banks, roads flooded out or flooding, etc., etc, though the flood stages have been lowered significantly (for example, if the flood stage was expected to be 16 ft it's now expected to be 11 ft).
And they say it rains a lot here. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Hope it all lets up soon, you two. What a mess. :(

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We had tons of rain so I feel for everyone dealing with it. SOrry to hear.

I'm in Ohio which this time of year it's supposed to be like 40. I think it's already 80 lol. Bust out the tan!

indiana here...too damn hot...we're seriously considering moving to Alaska.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
tumblr_lpu0oesrW91qg8dkao1_400.jpg

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ally Update from Hell! Excuse the rant, I'm just so pissed off words cant describe, and need to get it all off my chest.

So today was going great.
1)I got my next set of chapter edits back from my friend on AW who has been reading betaing, and proofreading/editing my first book!

2)I found out my ACS exam retake score. We were suppose to get national average which was a 30. First time i took it i got second lowest in the class with a 17. This next time i thought I wouldn't do any better but i got a 28!!!! Which for me means i passed!

3) I left from spring break getting my in class test score back from my one class that is literally killing me. I got a 40. Now you might think that is horrible, but out of my group, of four i got the highest score, in fact i got higher then alot of people in my class who got in the teens scores!!! (highest grade only in the 50's, average around 20-25) So on a curving scale i felt freaking awesome. I was so freaking excited. My adviser told me when i got back from break to ask what exactly my grade was, so i would know if i was still failing/doing horrible.

Then today's class happened. For our second test it was two parts, One in class, one take home. Again for the in class i did really well compared to the class, but today i got my take home part back. He gave me a 30! A F*&^ing 30! I wasnt ALL THAT WRONG!

So kind of devastated but still feeling my in class grade would pull me up I went to talk to my asshole of a professor to figure out what EXACTLY my grade was, a question i asked before and he yelled at me saying "Its like your asking me to sign a contract, i don't grade in exact grades". Sucking up my courage i went to talk to him this is how things played out.

He rolled his eyes and said "Well of course i dont have the exact grade"

"Well..."

"Your clearly not doing well you failed the take home."

"But on the in class..."

"You didnt do well on that either did you?"

"I'm not sure what 'well' on that test would be. I did much better then my group mates and many others in the class" I replied and he rolled his eyes again, then hesitate, finally replying

"That may be.... but your still not doing well at all. I dont know what you want else you want me to say, its not like it looks good for you."

Looks like its game over, even with the drastic improvment, clearly to him and his made up way of grading,(in which he just gives whatever to whomever he wants) it doesnt count.

Just got done emailing the Dean asking how to proceed and explaining all the effort and time spend on this course, after all its my second time taking it, and the ONLY class standing in my way of graduating.

I'm fed up and freaking done with it all at this point....

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Ally. You obviously care a lot about the class, and your progress, given how upset you are over this. And given all the work you've been doing. Doesn't sound like you're a slacker by any means. That's got to count for something when the Dean takes a look at things. Good luck!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah i've been going to tutoring, the funny thing both tutors, one a different professor and one a paid student tutor, said that I KNEW what I was doing and that it was completely his riddle like questions, and lack of actual teaching that had to be causing me to be doing so bad, because after they explained what he never taught, I knew what i was doing. I'm hoping this works in my favor...

What really pisses me off, is how belittling that man is. Everytime I talk to him i feel like the stupidest person alive, so moronic its shocking i made it past highschool. I literally have suicidal nightmares about jumping off the building after he humiliates me and called me an idiot.

The thing is if he taught it, I would pass the course. If he worked with the students and made sure his questions for straight forward, not riddles that require you literally predict what the hell is he even asking, then i wouldnt be so God damn depressed all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.