Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
I'm pretty sure my plot bunnies are having massive orgies. Lamia is half outlined. Now, to start plucking away at it before or after my outline is 100% finished?

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose those working brains aren't the ones sitting in jars on the bar?

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Morning Ali!

Typed up near to 300 words in Katherines origin story. I think this may be a bit more horror like than the average vampire story. Kat's already making people bleed, and feeding on the terror of the poor reporter who is recording her story.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Last night my brain reminded me who is in charge.

*hint* It's not me.

not you? Tell the truth now: it's that scary Cthulhoid creature you keep in a jar of formaldehyde on the mantelpiece. You know what I'm talking about, that thing you have hooked up to a Tesla coil and an analog computer.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow. Someone needs to kick MY ass into gear. :rolleyes: I just discovered a series of 36 writing essays on LitReactor by Chuck Palahniuk.

Down the hole I go....

Great. Just great. You don't want to go down the rabbit hole by yourself, so you just HAD to link to the entrance, huh?

I hate you. :tongue

*goes down the rabbit hole right behind soapdish*

Look out below! Falling hillbilly incoming!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Great. Just great. You don't want to go down the rabbit hole by yourself, so you just HAD to link to the entrance, huh?

I hate you. :tongue

*goes down the rabbit hole right behind soapdish*

Look out below! Falling hillbilly incoming!
Yes, you're welcome. :D

My work here is done. :evil

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Ferrets about in electronic files. I know I have a copy of that Palahniuk thing somewhere here.

Hmm, remind me to go back in time and get Dewey to come and organise my books for me.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the bad dreams, there, Ted. Hope you can move past them and get some good writing done today.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Morning Hounds!

Why didn't anyone here tell me that I was writing a series of books about vampires? It just hit me that that's what I'm doing with my two books that hopefully restore some bite to vampires.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've got a specially blessed, fire-hardened oak stake rolled in glitter to stab into Stephanie Meyer's black heart if I ever meet her.

Can I get one? Because I was just planning to behead her. Although, you should probably salt and burn her remains. Such things tend to come back from the dead you know. :tongue

Reason I don't like sparklepires, and in fact despise them? The stone vamps idea was cool. But the bastard spawn of pixies and vampires have the most redundant hunting feature ever. They're stone like day walkers who could hunt any time they want. Sparkling defeats the purpose. Not to mention she defanged the vamps as well instead of going the really cool way the stone vamps theory could of gone.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Can I get one? Because I was just planning to behead her. Although, you should probably salt and burn her remains. Such things tend to come back from the dead you know. :tongue

Reason I don't like sparklepires, and in fact despise them? The stone vamps idea was cool. But the bastard spawn of pixies and vampires have the most redundant hunting feature ever. They're stone like day walkers who could hunt any time they want. Sparkling defeats the purpose. Not to mention she defanged the vamps as well instead of going the really cool way the stone vamps theory could of gone.

What really pisses me off, is she had the stones to come out in an interview and say "Well, you know, it's not like there's any rules for writing about vampires."

Um. Actually, considering they've been described fairly consistently for the past 75 years or so, I'd say there are things that qualify as rules.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
What really pisses me off, is she had the stones to come out in an interview and say "Well, you know, it's not like there's any rules for writing about vampires."

Um. Actually, considering they've been described fairly consistently for the past 75 years or so, I'd say there are things that qualify as rules.

Yup, now people may not like the day walker thing. But Dracula was one and vampire lovers that know that may not be bothered by day walkers. Sparkly day walkers? No, point blank. That is a no. Don't even get me started on her werewolves or Jacob imprinting on Bella's daughter as a newborn. There are lines you don't cross. And she crosses the vampire line, the werewolf one, and the creepy instantly in love with a baby one. She didn't treat Jacob good either, which combined with the imprinting thing..... give me that stake!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, now people may not like the day walker thing. But Dracula was one and vampire lovers that know that may not be bothered by day walkers. Sparkly day walkers? No, point blank. That is a no. Don't even get me started on her werewolves or Jacob imprinting on Bella's daughter as a newborn. There are lines you don't cross. And she crosses the vampire line, the werewolf one, and the creepy instantly in love with a baby one. She didn't treat Jacob good either, which combined with the imprinting thing..... give me that stake!

I don't have a problem with Mayers' vampires. I just wish she hadn't called them vampires. They're NOT VAMPIRES; they are some sort of bastardized Sidhe.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I don't have a problem with Mayers' vampires. I just wish she hadn't called them vampires. They're NOT VAMPIRES; they are some sort of bastardized Sidhe.

I completely agree. They aren't vampires, which is my problem to begin with. Bastardized, blood drinking sidhe is an apt descriptor of them.

Her werewolves are actually a bastardized version of shapeshifters/ skinwalkers. Which drives me nuts. They're NOT WEREWOLVES! The line between the two may be blurry in the western mind, but in her myths like the Quileauts treaty with the Cullens she is clearly trying to play on native themes like skinwalkers and other shapeshifter type beings. If only she hadn't called them werewolves...

Status
Not open for further replies.