The MTS Braggatorium

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Just a teeny weeny brag. My writing prompt was picked for the WoW Women on Writing FB page. So the prompt is there, a snip-it of a bio, and my book cover (the one in my siggy.) So getting my book pic out there before I release it is a good thing right? Plus WoW is a notable group. So my 15 min of fame. :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Just a teeny weeny brag. My writing prompt was picked for the WoW Women on Writing FB page. So the prompt is there, a snip-it of a bio, and my book cover (the one in my siggy.) So getting my book pic out there before I release it is a good thing right? Plus WoW is a notable group. So my 15 min of fame. :D

:snoopy: Fabulous!

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
What, a place where we're actually encouraged to brag?!! And no one slaps our hands for being self-serving? Too good to be true.

I do have something to share. SUSPICION is a thriller with a supernatural tinge that was published some twelve years ago by Simon & Schuster---it's about a writer, the author of a series of ghost stories, who moves with her husband and son into an isolated house that may or may not be haunted. If it's not, then someone very close to her is playing with her mind...unless the writer, who has a psychiatric history, is doing it herself.

So here's the news: S&S has just reissued SUSPICION as an ebook, to be followed by two other titles. You can download a sample here if you have a Kindle, here for Nook. They've also made the book available in paperback, though the price is a bit steep.

Thanks!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
What, a place where we're actually encouraged to brag?!! And no one slaps our hands for being self-serving? Too good to be true.

I do have something to share. SUSPICION is a thriller with a supernatural tinge that was published some twelve years ago by Simon & Schuster---it's about a writer, the author of a series of ghost stories, who moves with her husband and son into an isolated house that may or may not be haunted. If it's not, then someone very close to her is playing with her mind...unless the writer, who has a psychiatric history, is doing it herself.

So here's the news: S&S has just reissued SUSPICION as an ebook, to be followed by two other titles. You can download a sample here if you have a Kindle, here for Nook. They've also made the book available in paperback, though the price is a bit steep.

Thanks!

:hooray: Congratulations!

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Great publicity, Historysleuth! Congratulations!!!
And congratulations, Barbara! That sounds like a interesting novel. Guess I'm going to have to read it!

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Deep discounts to AW members (like at cost plus shipping), by the way. I'm thinking of giving up the business. It was fun, but it takes too much time. I barely make anything because I don't have the time or energy to do the marketing.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome, Barbara! :D

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Cool!
The kid did a good job!
When I google myself, I get page after page of either my blogs or every forum I've ever posted on (My name is in my siggie.).
Sigh.
There was a time when I would get race results.
Time to get back into shape!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Latest 5 Star Review for Storm Rising

New GoodReads *****5***** Star review of Storm Rising -

May 31, 2012
Elyse Salpeter rated it 5 Stars:

I need to start by saying I really enjoy cop procedural novels and this one fits the bill perfectly. Kelli Storm is a complex character who is trying to be a good cop, find her father’s killer, while juggling demons and emotional issues that are beyond her control. She portrays a “tough as nails” personality to the world, but she is really incredibly vulnerable and that makes for a fascinating character. The novel is fast-paced, whippet quick at times, and very enjoyable.