The MTS Braggatorium

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Hello guys. Things are really heating up now as I move closer and closer to the publication of my novel. I have a website, as you know (www.therailroadman.com) and now I have a Facebook Page for it. ( Just search for The Railroad Man) Check them out. Very exciting stuff going on. I'm jazzed!

:hooray:

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
I don't know if this counts as bragging, or what. But I thought you guys might appreciate the book trailer I made. Initially, I made it as a lark but when my publishing folks saw it, they thought it worth sharing. And since they and our distributor, Random House, are gonna push it, well heck, I guess it's bragging. Mostly I'm proud of the cute kids.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Congrats pdichellis and jeseymour on the new stories, Grizzle on the novel and Lucie--nice sales!

But Mark--I might have to take you to task for making my new trailer look boring! (Cute kids. You should be proud!)

My boring new trailer

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I loved the trailer. It was clever and cute. I don't usually care for them. I shared yours on my facebook page. :)

Dang jesey you're on a roll! Good for you!

Well I have a Commissioning editor for a publisher who does local niche history reading my Indian land title book (one in my siggy) this weekend. That was an interesting thing that evolved this week.

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Ready

Well, I never thought I'd ever reach this point, but my manuscript for The Railroad Man is finally where I am completely satisfied with it. I just registered it with the LOC for what I hope will be its final copyright, and now I stand on the threshold of publication! I will be uploading to Kindle Direct and Create Space in the next few days, perhaps as early as tomorrow! Very exciting times! I'll let everyone know how it goes. Until then, please visit my website at www.therailroadman.com and go like my page on Facebook at The Railroad Man. And once again, I couldn't have gotten this far without the help of so many of you fine people on this site. Thank you all!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Never doubted you could do it, John. Congratulations!

John, you may want to put a direct link to your Facebook page. Just tried to find it and got several suggestions, but none were your page.

Last edited:

grizzletoad1

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. It worked for me. I just logged on to Facebook, typed in The Railroad Man on the search bar and it took me right to my Facebook page. I'll see if I can make a better link to it.

grizzletoad1

Registered
Reaction score
The Long And Winding Road

It seems appropriate that today, the fiftieth anniversary of The Beatles introducing themselves to the U.S. that I borrow the title of one of their last big hits, for it has been a very long and winding road. This morning, I was advised by Amazon that my novel, The Railroad Man, is now live and available for purchase through Kindle Direct! The link is here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IBUGZ9Q/?tag=absowrit-20

After 24 years, it is an unbelievable feeling to finally have my story "out there" in the public. The novel will also be available as a paperback soon through Create Space, but they are currently putting my material through their standard review process and will let me know when it will be made available. This is truly an exciting time for me. Now I've got to build an audience for it. That may be the hardest thing of all, so any help here from you guys to help spread the word would be appreciated. Thanks again everyone for listening to my laments and giving me the advice and drive to bring my novel to life.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Massive congrats, John. I can't imagine how amazing you must be feeling right now.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Is this the right place to put this?

I HAVE AN AGENT.

I'm currently printing out the paperwork, and I guess it's not truly official until both sides have signed; but she already tweeted about me, which feels pretty good. :)

The degree to which I owe you people is absurd. Thank you is so insufficient I feel almost silly saying it, but here it is:

THANK YOU

I would not be here without AW and all of you.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At long, long last, I get to say, "I told you so." :D:poke:

Congratulations, my dear! :partyguy:

grizzletoad1

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the sentiments. It really means a lot. And congratulations to Liz for getting that agent! Way to go. Now just a little more horn blowing. The link on my website to my novel on Kindle Direct is now active. The Create Space link is still inactive while I'm waiting on a proof copy of my paperback to be delivered to me for review. If it looks good, then the paperback will be made available through Create Space and the link to it will be activated! So far I've made about 4 sales since the novel went live on Sunday. Things are looking up.