Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #1301
knightrunnermat
practical experience, FTW

knightrunnermat is well-respected
Hi!

My first novel went live today on Amazon! I have published nonfiction before, but this is way bigger for me than those, even if I am (just) self publishing this time. It's neither mystery nor thriller, although it might loosely fit in as a suspense novel. Really, it's more Science Fiction than anything, although there is an overarching Western theme throughout most of it.

It's called Awaken. It's on Amazon.

My next one is a thriller. I've already written 20,000+ words of it!

http://matthewgyoung.wordpress.com/
knightrunnermat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:55 AM   #1302
wonderactivist
move along, nothing to see here

wonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputation
Wow!

Hooray Matt!

Congratulations!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #1303
lizmonster
possibly lost; not sure yet

lizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for President
Bravo, Matt!

(And never say "just." This is fantastic!)

In revisions: Made of Stars (until I come up with a new title) - military SF, 143,363
WIP: Blinding Faith (tentative) - SF/space opera, 4,085/120,000
lizmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #1304
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderactivist View Post
My first-ever book column is up in iON Oklahoma Magazine, an OKC-area publication. While it's mainly mainstream books, I'm proud to have established that I will always include at least one book with an Okie connection. Feel free to send recommendations for my "Summer Reads" column—from the Big 6, Small Presses or Indies. They have to be new books, 2014, and on the shelves in OKC, even if just in one indie shop.

(pages 43-45)
http://issuu.com/donswift/docs/apr-may_ionokmag_web

Hooray!
I read it and I think it's awesome! Congrats, Lucie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrunnermat View Post
Hi!

My first novel went live today on Amazon! I have published nonfiction before, but this is way bigger for me than those, even if I am (just) self publishing this time. It's neither mystery nor thriller, although it might loosely fit in as a suspense novel. Really, it's more Science Fiction than anything, although there is an overarching Western theme throughout most of it.

It's called Awaken. It's on Amazon.

My next one is a thriller. I've already written 20,000+ words of it!
Congrats! That's brilliant! I hope it does really well.

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #1305
knightrunnermat
practical experience, FTW

knightrunnermat is well-respected
Thank you everyone! It's exciting to say that I'm finally done with it, but there's so much more that I want to do, too!

http://matthewgyoung.wordpress.com/
knightrunnermat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #1306
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Matt! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Direct link to Matt's book here. (Hopefully he doesn't mind!)
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #1307
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
Thanks for the link! And congratulations Matt!