Have You Updated Your Blog Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwaysinspired

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't updated my blog today, but several days ago I posted my unpublished manuscript about my husband's battle with Testicular cancer.

My husband was thirty-six years old when he was diagnosed with Testicular cancer back at the beginning of January 2011. He had surgery and endured four cycles of chemotherapy, twenty rounds in all. As of May 2011, he’s been cancer-free. He went through hell and made it back stronger than ever and for this my family is grateful. He does have lingering permanent side effects from the chemo, but thankfully they’re not life-threatening. They’re uncomfortable at times, but Eric has learned to live with them.
Back when he was diagnosed, I chose to write about what we were going through because I needed a way to cope. I also wanted a way to educate people about what chemotherapy entails. In articulating what we went through, I hoped to give hope to those who have been diagnosed or have loved ones or friends with this disease. I’ve decided to post it on my blog in an attempt to reach anyone who would like to read what my family went through. Parts of it are extremely personal, but in revealing the everyday issues and or hardships we faced I hope to help others.

Click on the links below to read my husband's inspiring story!
1st half of my manuscript(8 chapters)- http://www.rogoodman.com/2012/09/persevering-through-unforeseen-one.html
2nd half of my manuscript(8 chapters)- http://www.rogoodman.com/2012/09/persevering-through-unforeseen-one_22.html

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
I just posted a celebration on the 30K words I completed today, and a bit about my goal to this year and a part of the next.

pyrosama

Pyrosama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
matrix-hole.blogspot.com

writerinthenorth

Registered
Reaction score
My favourite mondegreens

I've been having a bit of fun in my latest blog posting with diversions on my favourite mondegreens.

A mondegreen is a misheard, misinterpreted or misremembered lyric or phrase, often to comic effect. As a result of near-homophony, the line takes on an entirely new meaning for the listener.

Enjoy, and please feel free to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.